About the Helix PP50DSP
Bring magic to your car's factory radio
Bring magic to your car's factory radio
Helix's Plug and Play system will turn the inside of your car into a hi-fi listening space to rival your living room. Helix engineers took precise measurements of your factory sound system's acoustic properties, then created time alignment settings and equalization curves designed to transform the sound in your vehicle, all stored in this tiny digital processor/amplifier that hides away easily.
You'll experience music like you were in a concert hall, not in a noisy vehicle on the road. And the system plugs into your vehicle's existing factory system without cutting any wires, so you can return a leased car back to stock, for instance.
The vehicle-specific Helix Plug and Play system
First, you'll need to purchase a Helix vehicle-specific adapter harness that plugs in between your car's stock receiver and speakers. Then, this PP50DSP signal processor takes the signal from the factory radio and transforms it into focused, clear, and powerfully moving music that'll dance across your dashboard. The processor's built-in amplifier puts out up to 50 watts RMS to each of your car's four speakers and another 160 watts RMS for the optional PP7E sub, so you'll definitely feel big improvement in your music's impact.
Download the software for your car
After installing the Helix system, you simply go to helixhifi.com to download the acoustic settings Helix developed for your specific vehicle. You copy the settings onto a microSD memory card (not included), put the card in the PP50's slot, turn on the power, and the processor automatically adjusts the sound to perfection.
You'll want the bass
The optional PP7E subwoofer comes in a compact, vented enclosure with dual 7-inch subs that provide the low-frequency punch that'll satisfy the lovers of all musical styles. The processor's equalization curves incorporate big bass, so you will definitely miss some of the fun if the PP7E sub isn't in the system.
Want even more bass?
For those wanting more bass than the PP7E and its 160 watts of power can provide, you can use Helix's optional (PP-SC4) cable to connect your PP50DSP processor directly to a Helix B ONE subwoofer amplifier that will deliver up to 950 watts RMS to your sub setup.
Important Note: This Helix upgrade system plugs in between your vehicle's factory radio and speakers, so it will not work in a premium sound system equipped with a factory amplifier. You must identify your vehicle to order a Helix Plug and Play upgrade system online. Or, if you prefer, call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to make sure you get the upgrade system that works in your vehicle.
- digital signal processor for Helix Plug and Play factory system upgrade
- designed for non-amplified factory systems (will not work in a premium audio system with a factory amp)
- download vehicle-specific processor settings from helixhifi.com
- needs a microSD memory card for applying settings (sold separately)
- built-in 5-channel amplifier
- 35 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 160 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms + 160 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 3.5 mm auxiliary input for adding a music source (5' auxiliary input cable included)
- includes 7-foot cable for connecting to vehicle-specific harness
- vehicle-specific harness sold separately
- Plug and Play connection for optional PP7E subwoofer
- fuse rating: 20A x 1
- dimensions: 6"W x 1-11/16"H x 6-15/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Helix PP50DSP
What's in the box:
- PP50 DSP amplifier/digital signal processor
- 7' Input/Output cable
- 20 amp ATO fuse (installed)
- 5' Aux input cable (3.5mm mini-plug on both ends)
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Instruction manual (German/ English)
Helix PP50DSP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Helix PP50DSP
Overview: The Helix PP50 DSP is an amplifier and digital signal processor, designed to be used with a Helix vehicle specific adapter to create a plug & play upgrade to a factory stereo system. Once the PP50 DSP is installed, the vehicle specific profile containing customized EQ and time alignment data is downloaded from the Helix web site to a MicroSD card and loaded into the DSP (be sure to check their site before purchasing to confirm they have a profile for your car). This allows you to upgrade your vehicle's factory sound, while leaving all the factory features and controls intact.
- Left Side:
- Control Input: multifunction input for possible future Helix accessories
- Micro SD: operating software updates and complete DSP settings files are downloaded using the MicroSD card slot
- Right Side:
- Subwoofer Output: connect optional PP 7E subwoofer (item number 975PP7E, sold separately); also compatible with the Helix B ONE blue subwoofer amplifier (item number 975BONE, sold separately) using the PP-SC 4 cable (item number 975PPSC4, sold separately)
- Aux Input: 3.5mm mini-jack input; a signal sensing circuit automatically switches to the aux input when a signal is present
- Plug 'N Play Connector: 20-pin port for use with the included cable
- Remote: remote terminal can be used as an input or an output
- Subwoofer Volume: small rotary dial to adjust the subwoofer output volume
- Mode Switches: 20 DIP switches adjust multiple settings; front/rear speaker impedance, amplifier gain, aux input mode, sub type, etc. (if no vehicle specific profile is loaded, the DIP switches offer more functions; EQ settings, front and rear channel HPF, subwoofer LPF, time alignment based on car size)
- Control: it's possible to load two DSP profiles into the PP50 DSP's memory, the control button switches between them
- Aux Gain: rotary dial, adjusts the auxiliary input gain to match the main input
- Power Output:
- 4Ω: 35 watts x 4 RMS (70 watts x 4 max)
- 2Ω: 50 watts x 4 RMS (70 watts x 4 max)
- Subwoofer (2Ω): 160 watts x 1 RMS (320 watts max)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 22 kHz
- THD: 0.01%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 103 dB
- Damping Factor: >100
- Input Impedance: 44Ω
- Operating Voltage: 9.6-17 volts DC (up to 5 seconds down to 6 volts)
- DSP Bandwidth: 56 bit
Great upgrade without altering dash, sound quality difference like night and day with factory speakers. I did not add sub at this time, but probably would upgrade front component speakers first.
Gary C. from Charlottesville, VA