About the MATCH PP 86DSP
Upgrade your factory system for high power and high fidelity sound
Upgrade your factory system for high power and high fidelity sound
Audiotec Fischer's MATCH PP 86DSP amplifier/processor will greatly improve the sound quality of your factory audio system without changing your vehicle's look. This compact box holds a wealth of sound processing tools, along with an 8-channel amplifier that can power a variety of systems. After the PP 86DSP works its magic, you'll be able to hear music like you were in the front row of a concert, instead of outside in the parking lot.
The vehicle-specific MATCH connection system
The PP 86DSP comes ready to connect to your vehicle's factory radio via a vehicle-specific wiring harness (sold separately). The PP 86DSP then takes the signal from the factory radio and transforms it into focused, clear, and powerfully moving music. This amplifier also features an optical digital input, for the highest sound quality possible in advanced systems. You'll need to get the optional URC 2A or DIRECTOR remote control in order to manually control your digital source's volume.
Computer-controlled sound processing
Once you've downloaded the DSP PC-Tool app from Audiotec Fischer, you plug your PC or laptop into the processor's USB port. A detailed control panel will appear on your computer screen that lets you set virtually every tunable audio parameter to get the best musical fidelity possible in your car. The visual display shows the resulting sound curve of each setting, so you'll know for sure how your adjustments are affecting audio output.
Control panel of the DSP PC-Tool software (PP 82DSP version shown)
EQ, time alignment, and more
Processing includes a 30-band graphic equalizer on every channel to compensate for all the dips and bumps in speaker response inside your car, so each speaker will sound its best. The time alignment feature lets you correct for each speaker's placement, so the sound from each speaker hits you at the same time, centering the stereo image for your sitting position.
You can configure almost any type of high-pass and low-pass filter on each channel, so every speaker can play at peak efficiency. You can use this amp in a 3-way system, for example, powering front and rear tweeters and midrange speakers, plus supplying processed preamp signals for a couple of sub amps. Filters and EQ can be set separately for each channel, or channels can be linked together for common settings.
Plays well with factory systems
Many newer vehicles feature accessory circuits that remain on for several minutes after the engine shuts off, so an aftermarket amplifier could possibly drain your vehicle's battery. The PP 86DSP solves this problem by turning off after not sensing music for 60 seconds. This amp also features smart high-level inputs that will prevent a factory receiver from generating an "Error" shutdown when you disconnect the speakers.
Important Note: This MATCH upgrade system plugs in between your vehicle's factory radio and speakers, so it will not work in a premium sound system equipped with a factory amplifier. You must identify your vehicle to order a MATCH Plug and Play upgrade system online. Or, if you prefer, call one of our Advisors to make sure you get the upgrade system that works in your vehicle.
PP 86DSP connection panel
- 8-channel car amplifier with digital signal processing
- 55 watts RMS x 8 at 4 ohms (70 watts RMS x 8 at 2 ohms)
- amp channels can't be bridged
- 10-channel 64-bit 295 mHz digital processing, Burr Brown AD/DA converters
- DSP adjustments and settings made via computer (Windows only) or optional remote control
- download DSP PC-Tool Software from Audiotec Fischer
- 6 assignable speaker-level inputs and 1 optical SPDIF input
- 2 preamp outputs (3 volts RMS)
- channel settings can be separate or linked together
- control button toggles between 2 presets
- onboard RTA (real-time analyzer)
- time alignment in 3.5 mm (0.0105 msec) increments
- 30-band graphic EQ with fine tuning
- 1-band parametric EQ
- adjustable high- and low-pass filters (20-20,480 Hz)
- selectable filter slopes (6, 12, 18, 24, 30 dB/octave)
- selectable filter characteristics (Butterworth, Bessel, Linkwitz, Chebyshev, and self-defined)
- phase adjustment:
- switchable 0/180 degrees on front and rear channels
- adjustable 0 to 360 degrees on sub channels in 11.25-degree increments
- includes system connection harness, sub connection, and USB cables (no RCA preamp inputs)
- easy connection to select factory radios with a Helix vehicle-specific harness (sold separately)
- Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection prevents factory receiver error messages
- Power Save Mode turns amp off when there's no input signal
- optional URC 2A remote control available
- optional DIRECTOR touchscreen remote control available
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- power wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 6-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 7-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PP86DSP
What's in the box:
- 8' System connector w/ 20-pin plug on one end / dual male and female ISO connectors on other end
- 9" High-level input harness
- 20" Speaker output harness
- 59" USB cable (Type-A connector on one end
- mini-B on other end)
- Four 3/4" Phillips head screws
- Owner's manual (English and German)
MATCH PP 86DSP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MATCH PP 86DSP
Overview: The Match PP 86DSP is an 8 channel amplifier with Audiotec-Fischers latest generation of 64 bit DSP sound processing, proprietary Class HD technology, and "Plug & Play" ease of installation. Sound configuration is straightforward and intuitive using the DSP PC-Tool V4 software, which offers full input and output routing for all channels, 30 bands of EQ, high and low pass filtering, time alignment, and more. The amp has 8 integrated channels at 55 watts each, an additional configurable set of speaker outputs, and 2 mono RCA outputs. The PP 86DSP includes an 8-channel interface harness that, when used with an optional vehicle-specific "T" harness (sold separately), allows the amp to be directly plugged into the vehicle's wiring while retaining the factory radio, making installation much easier.
Note: Power and ground will still need to be wired directly to the vehicle's battery and chassis.
Class HD Technology: The PP 86DSP combines the advantages of Class H technology with the principle of a Class D amplifier. The result is an unsurpassed efficiency which easily outperforms any conventional Class D amp. By varying the internal supply voltage depending on the amplifier's amplitude of the input signals, idle losses are significantly reduced and overall efficiency is close to maximum at any time.
Internal DSP: The PP 86DSP can be connected to your PC via USB with the supplied 59" USB cable. The DSP PC-Tool software can be downloaded to your PC from the Audiotec-Fischer website, and is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8. The "fixed point" Audio DSP features 64-bit resolution and 1.2 billion MAC operations per second, and includes a Real-time Analyzer (RTA), digital time alignment, phase adjustment, high-pass and low-pass filters, 30-band parametric EQ, and output level adjustment.
Match Extension Card slot (MEC): Match has included an Extension Card slot inside the amplifier to accommodate one of their optional Extension Cards (sold separately), which will add a specific feature such as Bluetooth connectivity, High Resolution Audio streaming via USB, etc. Each of the cards comes with a replacement side panel for the amp, which provides the necessary cut-outs for the additional ports. To access the Extension Card slot the end and bottom panels are removed by taking out three Philips-head screws from the end plate and sliding out the bottom panel.
Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection (ADEP): The amplifier utilizes a new ADEP circuit to allow it to be integrated with new OEM car stereos. Newer stereos can detect the presence of connected speakers, and when common amplifiers are connected, the radio will display failure messages with some features, such as fader function, being lost. The ADEP circuit avoids these problems without loading the speaker outputs of the factory stereo during high volumes.
Automatic Signal Detection: Switching from analog to the digital input is done automatically as soon as a digital signal is detected on the Optical input. This feature can be deactivated in the DSP PC-Tool software and can be switched manually with an optional remote control.
Power Save Mode: The Power Save Mode will automatically turn off the amplifier if no input signal is present for more than 60 seconds. In many newer cars with CAN-bus or other bus systems, the factory radio can remain powered on for up to 45 minutes after the ignition is turned off. When the amp receives this signal, the internal amplifier stages and the remote output are immediately powered on again. The Power Save mode can also be modified or deactivated via the DSP PC-Tool software.
Start-Stop Capability: The switched power supply of the Match PP 86DSP assures a constant internal supply voltage even if the battery's voltage drops to 6 volts during engine cranking. If the supply voltage drops below 10.5 volts for more than five seconds the amplifier will go into Protect mode (Status LED will light red) in order to avoid any more discharge of the battery.
Auto Turn-On: The PP 86DSP has the ability to use a high-level input signal to power on the amp when using either the System Connector or the High Level Input connector, and includes an Auto Remote switch on the amplifier. If turned off, or if using the Optical Digital input, a remote wire must be tied into the vehicle. The amp also includes a Remote Out terminal to activate other outboard equipment.
- System Connector: The PP 86DSP was primarily designed to interface a factory system using the supplied System Connector in conjunction with a vehicle-specific "T" harness that ties right into the wiring at the back of the factory radio. The System Connector has a 20-pin plug harness on one end, that snaps into a socket on the amplifier, while the other end has 2 sets of male/female, input/output, ISO connectors that either plug directly into the factory wiring (on select European vehicles) or into one of the optional "T" harnesses.
- High-Level Inputs: A 4-pin High Level harness is included to tie directly into 2 speaker channels without using a "T" harness.
- Optical Input: An optical digital input is provided for connecting the amp to a digital source. The signal must be 2-channel PCM, no Dolby-coded signals will be recognized, with a sampling rate between 12 and 96 kHz.
- Speaker Outputs: An 8-pin Speaker Output harness is provided for hookup of additional speakers or subwoofers and are configurable.
- Mono Line Outputs: Two mono RCA jacks are provided to run to an outboard subwoofer amp.
- Power/Ground/Remote: The amp's power and ground inputs can accommodate up to 8 AWG wire (recommended) while the remote terminal can accept up to 16 AWG. Wires are held in place with hex-head set-screws, 4mm for the Power and Ground, 2mm for the Remote terminal.
- Control Input: A proprietary jack is provided for use with an optional remote control such as the Helix Director (sold separately).
- USB: The mini type-B USB port is used for running the PC-Tool software and firmware updates.
- Output Power:
- @ 4 Ω: 8 x 55 RMS / 110 Peak
- @ 2 Ω: 8 x 70 RMS / 140 Peak
- Amplifier Type: Class HD
- Input Sensitivity: 5 - 11 Volts
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- DSP Resolution: 64 bit
- DSP Power: 295 MHz (1.2 billion MAC operations per second)
- Signal Converters A/D and D/A: Burr-Brown
- Signal to Noise Ratio (digital): 105 dB (A-weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio (analog): 103 dB (A-weighted)
- THD: < 0.015%
- Damping Factor: >100
- Current Draw: 685 mA
- Maximum Remote Out Current: 500 mA
- Fuses: 2 x 25A LP-mini-fuse (internal)
- Dimensions: Width - 6.46", Height - 1.73", Depth - 7.29"
The MATCH PP 86DSP replaces these items
- built-in amplifier: 55 watts RMS x 8 at 4 ohms (70 watts RMS x 8 at 2 ohms)
- Plug and Play connection with a select vehicle-specific harness
- time alignment, frequency filters, 30-band equalization, and more
1 question already asked