About the AtlasIED AA200PHD
Get a free system design
The Atlas AA200PHD offers plenty of inputs and lots of power for your office speakers.
Music and paging system for a large space
The Atlas AA200PHD provides power and signal distribution for background music and paging for a large, spread-out floor plan. Six inputs let you play different music sources of music and make announcements in different zones. Set the AA200PHD so the music mutes when the microphone is on or when its button activates the remote trigger. You can also route any combination of inputs to a Zone 2 output for a second set of speakers or for music on hold in a telephone system.
Smart enough to help you set up your system
Why do we say this mixer/amplifier is smart? Well, because it has a PHD after its name, of course. We're talking about Atlas' "PHD" acronym, which, stands for Push Here Diagnostic®. Press the PHD button, and the unit will check to see if you've exceeded the recommended wattage for the amp or made an error in selecting impedance somewhere along the line. It's an amazing safety feature that can save you from damaging your equipment.
- amplified 6 input mixer for commercial audio distribution
- output: 200 watts RMS x 1 at 25 volts, 70.7 volts, or 4 ohms
- 3 unbalanced stereo pair line inputs
- 4 balanced inputs with phantom power
- assignable zone 2 output
- remote level control
- Push Here Diagnostic® (PHD) automatically verifies that attached speakers' tap settings do not exceed the amplifier's rated power
- remote and voice-activated mute
- individual input volume controls
- bass control: ±6dB at 100 Hz (shelving)
- treble control: ±6dB at 10K Hz (shelving)
- 16-9/16"W x 3-11/16"H x 14-5/8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AA200PHD
What's in the box:
- 6-Input Mixer Amplifier with attached 6' AC power cord (3-prong plug)
- Owner's Manual
- AA & PA Series Accessories sheet
AtlasIED AA200PHD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED AA200PHD
Overview: The Atlas Sound AA200PHD is a six-input, 200-watt mixer-amplifier that is ideal for small to medium-sized retail, industrial, and commercial businesses that use background music, distributed paging, and music-on-hold. It can also be used for speech privacy systems. The amp can accommodate a variety of input sources, and can power a 4Ω speaker load, or 25V and 70.7V commercial speaker systems.
Push Here Diagnostic: This AAPHD series mixer amp includes a patent pending automatic system test to check the connected speaker lines for wiring and impedance errors. The front panel Push Here Diagnostic (PHD) button automatically verifies that the attached speakers' tap settings do not exceed the amplifier's rated power, that no speakers are mistakenly tapped at 8Ω, and the speaker wire is not shorted anywhere.
Inputs: The AA200PHD has six input channels with independent level controls on the front panel:
- The Channel 1 input has a removable Phoenix (Euro Block) connector with +, -, and G terminals for balanced microphone or line level signals. DIP switches on the rear panel let you select mic or line input, and turn on Phantom power for condenser-type microphones. The 2-pin Remote Mute terminals let you connect the contact closure wires from a mic switch to activate the Mute circuit. A VOX Mute Sensitivity Control, located beside Input 1, can adjust the sensitivity of the mute circuitry. This can be used to mute background music on another input channel when a paging announcement is made on Input 1. A rotary Mic Trim pot lets you apply up to 20dB of gain to Input 1 when the input is set to Mic on the DIP switch.
- The Channel 2 and Channel 3 inputs can accept more than one type of audio signal, but only one at a time. The inputs each have a 3-conductor Phoenix connector for a balanced mic or line source. Like Channel 1, you can select the type of input and turn on Phantom power for condenser mics through the DIP switches on the rear panel. Both inputs have rotary Mic Trim to fine tune the gain.
- Channel 4 features a 3-conductor Phoenix connector for a balanced mic or line source, plus a 3.5mm stereo jack that is summed to mono. The type of input can be selected, and Phantom power enabled via DIP switches. You can use the 3.5mm stereo summing input for connecting an MP3 player or CD/DVD player. A Mic Trim pot is provided for applying up to 20dB of gain to a connected microphone.
- Channels 5 and 6 are stereo RCA summing inputs for connecting a CD or DVD player.
Speaker Output: The amplifier has a Barrier Strip connector for the speaker outputs. There are connections for a 4Ω direct-coupled speaker load, or 25V and 70V transformer-coupled speaker systems. The Barrier Strip connector will accept up to 12-gauge wire, and is protected from accidental shorting by a clear plastic cover.
Zone 2 Output: The AA200PHD features a Zone 2 output that gets its signal from a selected input for music or messaging on hold applications. The Zone 2 terminal is an unbalanced 600Ω output with a maximum level of 1.0VRMS. A dedicated Zone 2 volume control is provided on the rear panel. The removable 2-conductor Phoenix connector accepts up to 18-gauge wire. DIP switches are provided on inputs 1 through 4 for selecting an input source for Zone 2.
Pre Out Jacks: The Pre Out (RCA) connector allows you to feed a signal to another power amplifier or external audio device. An effects loop can be created by connecting the Pre Out jack to an equalizer or other device, and then back out to the Amp In connector.
Amp Input: The Amp In connector can be used to convert the AA200PHD into a slave amp. When a line level signal is connected to this input, the internal connection between the preamp and internal power amp is broken. The AA200PHD becomes just a power amplifier, amplifying audio signal applied to the Amp In (Pwr In) connector.
Front Panel Controls: The front panel includes a master power switch (push button), a Master Level control, and rotary volume controls for Inputs 1 through 6. The PHD switch is a flush-mounted button that requires a small tool with a point to activate the self-diagnostic test (See Push Here Diagnostic section above). There are status LEDs for Signal, Peak, Limit, and Power.
Bass/Treble Controls: Separate rotary bass and treble controls are provided on the back panel. Normally set at the 12:00 position, the bass control lets you adjust bass frequencies from -6 dB to + 6 dB at 100 Hz, while the treble control adjusts treble frequencies from -6 dB to +6 dB at 10 kHz.
Remote Level Control: The Remote Level Control port lets you connect an optional Atlas Sound WPD-RISRL or WPD-VC10K level control. You can control the level of Input 2, Inputs 4, 5, and 6 together, or the Master level. When a remote level control is connected, the system's maximum levels should be set using the front panel level controls, and use the remote potentiometer as an attenuator from the maximum levels set.
Remote Input Select (RIS): With the optional WPD-RISRL wall-mounted remote input selector and volume control, you can select inputs 4, 5, or 6 (but not inputs 1, 2, or 3), and adjust the volume. This is accomplished without having to run an audio signal from the amplifier to the selector, which prevents picking up interference. The WPD-RISRL connects to the amplifier through the RIS and Remote Level connections on the amp, with a maximum range of 200 feet.
DIP Switches: The versatile AA200PHD has individual groups of 4 DIP switches for Inputs 1 through 4 on the rear panel. The DIP switches turn on Phantom Power for Condenser Mics, turn on Mute Receive circuit, assign the input to Zone 2, and select the type of input (mic or line). Another set of 4 DIP switches is provided for Inputs 5 and 6. These turn on Mute Receive for Input 5 and Input 6, assign the Remote Level Port to control Input 4, 5, 6 or Master Level, and turn on Remote Input Select.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 15kHz (0.5% THD)
- Output Power: 200 watts RMS
- Dimensions: Width: 16.5", Height: 4.173", Depth: 14.25"
- Weight: 26 pounds