About the AtlasIED Atmosphere™ AZA804
Plenty of power for a flexible commercial audio system
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Plenty of power for a flexible commercial audio system
The AtlasIED Atmosphere AZA804 amplifier provides up to 200 watts per channel to four zones in a flexible commercial audio system. It provides four balanced Phoenix-style inputs for connecting to AtlasIED AZM audio processors, plus an Ethernet port for web-based configuration and control ports for remote level and mute functions. Rack-mounting hardware is included.
AtlasIED Atmosphere amplifiers offer flexible setup options that you won't find on just any commercial amp. For instance, you can run two channels of the AZA804 in high-impedance 70V mode, with each powering several commercial speakers across multiple zones for paging and background sound. The other two channels can simultaneously operate at 4 or 8 ohms in low-impedance mode for foreground stereo sound.
- 800-watt 4-channel power amplifier
- 200 watts per channel at 70V/100V
- 150 watts per channel at 8 ohms; 100 watts at 4 ohms
- Class AB switching hybrid BASH amplifier
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (DSP filters set to Flat)
- onboard web UI for remote monitoring and configuration
- fan-assisted convection cooling
- rack-mounting accessories included
- 4 three-pin Phoenix-style balanced line-level inputs
- 4 speaker wire connection terminals
- 4 Phoenix-style control ports for remote level and mute functions
- Ethernet port for web-based configuration
- accessory card slot for optional Dante™ digital audio module
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19"W x 1-13/16"H x 15-1/2"D (1U)
- weight: 13 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AZA804
What's in the box:
- Atmosphere 4-channel amplifier
- 5' Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Three 6-pin Phoenix connectors
- 2 Terminal covers
- 2 Rack ears
- Nine M4x8mm screws
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED Atmosphere™ AZA804
Overview: The AtlasIED Atmosphere AZA804 is a commercial 4-channel amplifier that can be used in a 70/100V, 4Ω or 8Ω, or a combination of both configurations. It can deliver up to 200W per channel, for 70/100V operation, 4 x 150W @ 8Ω, and 4 x 100W @ 4Ω. A built-in web interface lets you easily configure the amplifier from a connected computer, either directly or on a Local Area Network (LAN). The AZA804 comes ready to use in the 4 x 100W 70/100V configuration, with no additional setup required. The AtlasIED Atmosphere amplifier is designed to interface with the Atmosphere family of products, like the AZM4 or AZM8 Atmosphere Zone Master audio processors (sold separately).
Amplifier Topology: The Atmosphere AZA804 features a Class AB Hybrid-BASH (Bridged Amplifier Switching Hybrid) amplifier. BASH is a proprietary amplifier design that combines digital and analog technology to operate the power supply more efficiently, providing optimum audio output with less power loss in the form of heat. The amplifier features convection cooling along with an internal variable speed fan with rear-to-front air flow.
Audio Inputs: Two rear-panel, 6-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connectors provide the balanced connection for four inputs, each accepting line-level signals. Each input channel includes a +,-, and ground connection. All inputs can be mixed and routed to any of the four amplifier output channels.
Audio Outputs: A rear-panel barrier strip of set-screw terminals provides the output connections for connecting 70/100V or 4/8Ω speakers. Assignable output configuration options include the following:
- 70V: 4 x 200W
- 100V: 4 x 200W
- 8Ω: 4 x 150W
- 4Ω: 4 x 100W
- 100V x 1 + 8Ω x 2: 200W / 150W
- 70V x 1 + 8Ω x 2: 200W / 150W
- 100V x 1 + 4Ω x 2: 200W / 100W
- 70V x1 + 4Ω x 2: 200W / 100W
Control Ports: A rear-panel 6-pin Phoenix connector can be used for either Remote Level or Mute functions for each of the 4 output channels, using an optional switch or potentiometer (sold separately). Connections include: +10V, GND, and C1-C4 terminals for each of the corresponding outputs. If connecting the AZA804 with an optional Atmosphere Zone Master audio processor, these settings can be made on the audio processor.
Ethernet Port: A rear-panel RJ-45 port lets you connect to a local network (LAN), router, or a computer using a CAT5 (or higher) cable (sold separately). This lets you access the amplifier's DSP and control settings.
Front Panel Indicators:
- Signal Status: Two LED indicators are provided for each of the
- Signal: Lights green indicating an audio signal is present.
- Limit/Protect/Mute: Will occasionally flash red if the signal is close to clipping and the built-in Limiter kicks in, helping prevent hard-clipping, or light solid red if the signal clips. If solid red after reducing the input level, this can indicate the channel is Muted or there is a fault on that output.
- Operating Mode: Two LEDs for Ch. 1/2 and 3/4 will light to indicate whether they are configured for 4/8Ω or 70/100V operation.
Note: The AtlasIED AZA804 has no front-panel controls for configuring and controlling the amplifier. All settings are accessed through a connected computer using the built-in web interface.
Computer Connection: The AZA804 features a built-in web interface that can be accessed through a computer or laptop using one of these three methods:
- Direct Connection: Using a standard CAT5 (or higher) Ethernet cable and entering the AZA804 IP address.
- Network Connection: The AZA804 can be connected into a Local Area Network (LAN) and be accessed from a computer also connected to the same network. Entering the AZA804's IP address will gain access to the configuration options.
- AZA Discovery Tool: By downloading the AtlasIED Discovery Tool app, found here, to your PC (Mac not supported) and connecting to the AZA804 via an Ethernet cable or LAN, you can click on "Discover Amplifiers" to access the configuration options.
After connecting to the AZA804, the AtlasIED Atmosphere "dashboard" will be on-screen, displaying detailed Output Level Meters for each channel, as well as Limit, Clip, and Mute indicators for each. The Amplifier Settings lets you select the mode of operation for each channel (70V, 8Ω, etc.); Auto Power Down, which allows the amp to go into "sleep" mode after 1 hour of no operation; and Disable Front Panel Power Button, which keeps the Power button from operating. This page also lets you access Advanced Settings where you can change the default User Name and Password to your own, for added security, as well as access the DSP settings for each channel.
DSP Settings: The AtlasIED AZA804 features various DSP settings that can be assigned for each channel in the Advanced Settings menu.
- I/O Routing: This matrix mixer lets you mix and assign any input channels to any of the output channels, for maximum flexibility.
- HP & LP Filters: Each output channel can have its own high-pass and/or low-pass filter applied to it, with adjustable cutoff frequency and slope.
- EQ: A 5-band parametric EQ is available for each output channel.
- Delay: Provides up to 60ms of audio delay, if needed.
- Limiter: Lets you assign up to 12dB of Limiting to each output channel.
- GPIO Ports: Lets you assign each of the 4 Control Ports for either Mute or Remote Level control.
Accessory Card Slot: A covered opening on the rear panel lets you add an optional AtlasIED Accessory Card such as the DPA-DAC4 (sold separately) which adds 4 channels of Dante digital audio inputs.
Mounting: The AZA804 includes rack ears and hardware for mounting it in a standard 19" wide equipment rack, while taking up 1RU of vertical space.