About the AtlasIED Surface-mount Package System
A complete in-ceiling music and paging system
A complete in-ceiling music and paging system
Whether you need speakers indoors or out, this package will help you offer pleasant background music and clear, audible paging for your customers. The system includes four weather-resistant AtlasIED SM42T speakers with mounting hardware. The AtlasIED AA35G mixer/amplifier offers 35 watts of power and three inputs for music and a paging microphone. There's also a convenient in-wall volume control.
Wires, cables, and sources not included
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
- complete music and paging system for a small business
- includes four weather-resistant surface-mount speakers, amplifier, and in-wall volume control
- wires and cables not included
- system warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Atlas SM42T Speakers (4):
- weather-resistant surface-mounted speaker with 4" woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- handles up to 16 watts in a distributed audio system
- frequency response: 115-16,000 Hz (±5dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- built-in 25/70V transformer with power taps: 2, 4, 8, and 16 watt taps
- C-mount hardware included
- 5"W x 7"H x 5-15/16"D
- weight: 5 lbs.
Atlas AA35G Mixer/Amplifier:
- amplified 3-channel mixer for commercial audio distribution
- output: 35 watts RMS x 1 at 8 ohms, 70 volts, and 100 volts
- 3 inputs: one balanced microphone/line, two unbalanced stereo pair line
- dimensions: 8-1/4"W x 3-7/8"H (including feet) x 13-3/4"D
- weight: 8.1 lbs.
- MFR # EZSYS-BGM-S
What's in the box:
- 4 Surface mount 70/100V speakers (white)
- 4 "C" Brackets w/ tensioning knobs
- 1 In-wall volume attenuator (stainless steel)
- 4-Pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector
- Two 3/4" screws
- Volume attenuator installation instructions
- 1 Mixer/amplifier
- 35" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED Surface-mount Package System
System Overview: The Atlas EZSBGMS Surface-mount Package System includes 4 SM42T-WH indoor/outdoor surface-mount speakers, an AA35G 35 watt amplifier, and an AT35 in-wall volume control.
- Note: Audio cables and speaker wire are not included and must be purchased separately.
Speaker Overview: Atlas Sound surface mount speakers are designed for commercial, professional, and residential applications. These weather-resistant, full-range speakers can be used indoors or outdoors, in monaural or stereo configurations. Each SM-series speaker comes with a C-shaped mounting bracket.
Construction: The Strategy Series surface-mount loudspeakers feature weather-resistant construction for indoor or outdoor use year round. The talc-impregnated, injection-molded polypropylene enclosures are UV-resistant to withstand fading and breakdown. The speaker cabinets can also withstands 100 hours of salt spray testing (per ASTM B117). The enclosures feature powder-coated aluminum grilles with all-brass hardware inserts. The included heavy duty steel C-brackets are Zinc Chromate-plated and powder-coated, and is color-matched to the enclosure.
Paintable: The enclosures and grilles can be painted to match your décor, if desired. The cabinets should be primed with two coats of spray primer before painting with oil or water-based house paint or spray paint. The grilles should be removed before painting with two thin coats of paint (primer not needed). Care should be given not to clog the grille holes with paint.
Drivers: The Atlas Sound SM42T-W speakers are equipped with a 1" Ferrofluid-cooled dome tweeter, and a highly-efficient 4" polypropylene woofer. The drivers are crossed over at 4kHz (6 dB/octave). The speaker's high-frequency TRX Waveguide System provides a full 90° horizontal and 90° vertical coverage. The PolyGuard High Frequency Circuit provides protection to the tweeter from damaging transient signals.
Wiring Options: The SM42T-W speakers have a two-pole barrier strip terminal with a weather-resistant cover. The barrier strip can accept spade connectors or bare wire. For runs up to 500', 18-gauge wire is recommended, 16-gauge wire for 500'-1000' runs, and 14-gauge for runs over 1000'. Each speaker is equipped with a line matching transformer, and includes tap selections for 2, 4, 8, or 16-watts at 70.7V. You can also bypass the line transformers for an 8Ω connection.
Speaker Placement: The speakers are wedge-shaped, which provides a number of placement options. For outdoor use, the speakers can be placed under an eave or other protective overhang. Indoors, you can use the natural boundary effect to increase the overall output. When you mount one of the speakers against a surface (wall), the boundary effect will increase the output by 3dB. Mounting a speaker against two surfaces (two walls or a ceiling and wall), the output increases by 6dB. Mounting the speaker against three surfaces (in a corner near a ceiling), the output will increase by 9dB. The bottom of each speaker cabinet is flat, and 90° to the speaker baffle, allowing you to place the speakers on a shelf. You can also place the speaker horizontally in any placement option.
Amplifier Overview: The Atlas AA35G is a 3 input channel mixer/amplifier designed for distributed business paging and background music systems, small to medium speech privacy systems, and in applications where music on hold plus paging is required. With one balanced microphone/line input and two stereo unbalanced line inputs, the AA35G will accommodate a variety of input sources including paging microphones, cd players, and digital music receivers. A dip switch selectable matrix allows the creation of a Zone 2 mix from any or all of the input sources for music or messaging on hold applications. The amp also provides 70V, 100V, and 8Ω connections, with 35 watts of output power.
Inputs: All inputs are located on the rear panel and are as follows:
- Input 1: This is a 5-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector that can accommodate a mic or line level signal . It also includes Priority terminals for a "push-to-talk" mic, which mutes the other inputs when activated. This input can also use voice-activated (VOX) muting, which is triggered by a signal on the microphone and includes a Threshold dial, which adjusts how loud the mic signal must be to mute the other channels.
- Inputs 2 and 3: Both of these inputs are stereo, unbalanced RCA inputs for running audio signals such as a CD or MP3 player. The stereo signal on these inputs gets summed to a mono signal.
Outputs: All outputs are located on the rear panel and are as follows:
- Amplifier Output: The main speaker output is a 4-terminal set screw block, that includes connections for 100V, 70V, and 8Ω speaker configurations. This section has a pre-installed protective metal cover that is easily removed to access terminals.
- Line Output: This section uses a 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector to pass the main audio signal out to another amplifier. This output is not affected by the Master Level control on the front panel.
- Zone 2 Output: This 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector includes an MOH (Music on Hold) input, which ties into a phone system, allowing any music source connected to the amp to play over a phone line while a caller is on hold. There is also an 8Ω/1W output, for a direct speaker connection, and also has an adjustment dial to control the level of the Zone 2 signal.
DIP Switches: The AA35G includes a DIP switch matrix for quick and easy configuration of inputs and outputs. This allows for the following settings:
- 1 - CH1 Mic on/Line off
- 2 - CH1 Normal
- 3 - CH1 Priority
- 4 - CH1 Vox
- 5 - CH1 to Zone 2
- 6 - CH2 to Zone 2
- 7 - CH3 to Zone 2
- 8 - Phantom
Controls: The front panel controls of the AA35G include:
- Input Levels: Each of the three inputs has its own level control.
- Master Level: Controls the overall signal to the speaker output. This does not affect the Line Output level.
- Tone Controls: Recessed Bass and Treble controls allow ± 10dB of adjustment at 100Hz and 10kHz.
- Power Switch
LED Indicators: A Power indicator lights blue when the unit is powered on. A green LED above each of the Input Level controls lights when the input signal level exceeds -40dBu and flashes brightly if the signal reaches the distortion level. The Master Level section also includes a green signal indicator, which lights when the signal exceeds -40dBu, and a red Clip indicator that will flash brightly if the output signal reaches the distortion level.
Phantom Power: If DIP switch 8 is turned on, the AA35G will provide 15V of phantom power to Input 1. Condenser mics that require more than 15V of phantom power will not work.
Rack Mount: The AA35G can be rack mounted using the optional Atlas Rack Mount Kit (Item# 978AAGRMK2). This allows the amp to be mounted in a standard 19" rack space. Joiner plates are also included, with the Rack Mount Kit, so two of the AA35G's can be rack mounted side-by-side.
Overview: The Atlas AT35 is a high-quality, plate-mounted volume attenuator rated for up to 35W. The AT35 works with both 25- and 70-volt commercial systems, and fits into most 1-gang electrical boxes (2.75" deep). The attenuator features ten click-stop positions, plus Off, and includes a stainless steel wall-plate with 0 - 10 increments marked around the dial.
Auto Transformer: The AT35 commercial volume control features a high-quality auto transformer with excellent frequency response, low insertion loss and reliable performance. Attenuation is accomplished in steps of 3dB each, plus a positive Off position, for a total attenuation of 27dB. To prevent switch damage, there is no stop between the maximum and Off position. The contacts are silver-plated to eliminate noise and contact loss.
Wiring: The Atlas AT35 has a removable 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector with wire terminals accepting up to 16AWG stranded wire. Two terminals are used for the connection to the connected speaker(s) and the other 2 terminals provide the input from the amplifier.
- Frequency Response: 115Hz - 16kHz (±5dB)
- Usable Low Frequency Limit (10dB down): 78 Hz
- Power Handling:
- 70.7V / 100V Systems: 2 - 16 watts
- 8Ω Systems: 30 watts RMS
- Sensitivity (1W/1M): 88dB
- Coverage Angles: 90° H x 90° V
- Dimensions: Width=5" Height=7" Depth=5-15/16"
- Weight: 1.5 pounds (w/o bracket)
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Output Power: 35 Watts
- Zone 2 Output 1W: 1 Watt @ 8Ω
- Zone 2 Output 600Ω: 500mV into 600Ω
- Phantom Power: 15VDC
- Dimensions: Width = 8.25", Height = 3.875", Depth = 13.75"
- Weight: 8.1 lbs.
- Power Rating: 35 watts
- Attenuation Per Step: 3dB
- Total Attenuation: 27dB
- Insertion Loss: 0.6dB
- Plate Size: 1 gang
- Resistance: none
- Plate Width: 2.75"
- Plate Height: 4.50"
- Mounting Depth: 1.90" (back of plate to back of unit)
- Total Depth: 2.78" (front of knob to back of unit)
- Weight: 1.0 lbs.