About the AtlasIED FAP63T
Wide sound dispersion for your commercial space
Wide sound dispersion for your commercial space
If you want to use a small number of speakers to bring music and announcements to a room with low ceilings, the FAP63T speaker pair is an excellent addition to your sound system. Each speaker features a 6-1/2" woofer and a coaxially mounted 1" tweeter, with a wide 130-degree dispersion pattern.
The speaker is designed for maximum flexibility in a 70- or 100-volt distributed audio system, thanks to 4, 8, 16, and 32-watt selectable taps that are easily accessible on the front. Included Phoenix-style Euroblock connectors allow for easy daisy-chain wiring for multi-speaker installations.
Get a free system design
- 75 watts continuous program power
- 6-1/2" woofer with 1" coaxially mounted PEI (polyetherimide) dome tweeter
- 90 dB sensitivity
- 130° dispersion pattern allows more coverage from fewer speakers
- built-in 70V/100V transformers with selectable 4, 8, 16, and 32-watt power taps
- 8-ohm bypass allows use with consumer audio receivers and amplifiers
- ported bass reflex enclosure
- press-fit grille included
- detachable Phoenix-style Euroblock connector allows easy pre-wiring and daisy-chaining additional speakers or subwoofer
- mounting gear for installation in drop tile or sheetrock ceilings included
- not rated for in-ceiling installation in air-handling (true plenum) spaces
- cutout diameter: 9-3/16"
- 10-1/2" diameter x 8-7/8" depth
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FAP63T-W
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling speakers
More details on the AtlasIED FAP63T
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||80-20kHz|
|Power rating||75 Watts|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Atlas FAP63T-W is a 6.5", 70/100 volt, coaxial loudspeaker with excellent speech intelligibility, crisp music reproduction, quick installation, and wide audience coverage. Its ideal for a range of applications such as retail stores, restaurants, hotels, convention centers, casinos, and many others.
Design: The FAP63T-W is primarily designed for 70/100 volt applications, but also includes an 8Ω bypass mode, and is comprised of a 6.5" woofer with a 1" tweeter. Atlas has improved on their already excellent design by enhancing the quality of the speaker's transformers, minimizing insertion loss, and optimizing the tuning port, providing a deeper bass response. The improved waveguide provides a wider coverage area than with previous models. Tap settings can be made on the front of the speaker, eliminating the need to remove it first. Wire connections are done with a removable 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector, with one set of terminals for the input and the other set a pass-thru for daisy-chaining additional speakers, and the speaker's unique "trap door" input section allows for through-conduit runs with rigid or flex conduit. The FAP63T-W also carries UL1480 and UL2043 safety listings.
SFMS: Safety First Mounting System (SFMS) is an Atlas innovation in speaker mounting that prevents mounting tab damage during installation. This damage is commonly caused by over torqueing mounting tabs, resulting in damage that, over time, can cause the speaker to fall. Atlas' patent pending technology uses t-handles that are integrated into the front of the speaker to tighten the mounting tabs. The speaker can be mounted in materials as thin as sheet metal and up to 3/4" thick. The FAP63T-W has no metal screws holding the mounting doglegs in position, eliminating the chance of screws rusting from humidity exposure over time and failing.
- Speaker Type: 70/100 volt, two-way, coaxial
- Mounting: Ceiling
- Frequency Response (+/- 5 dB): 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Vertical Coverage: 100˚ (800 Hz - 4 kHz)
- Horizontal Coverage: 100˚ (800 Hz - 4 kHz)
- Maximum Input Ratings (8Ω): 75W continuous, 150W program
- Transformer Taps:
- 70V: 4W, 8W, 16W, 32W, and 8Ω
- 100V: 8W, 16W, 32W
- Input Sensitivity at 1W/1m: 90 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL at 1m (passive): 108.5 dB continuous / 115 dB peak
- Recommended Signal Processing: 80 Hz
- Recommended Power: 200W at 8Ω
- LF Transducer: 1 x 6.5"
- HF Transducer: 1 x 20mm treated silk dome tweeter
- Maximum Output: 108.5 dB SPL / 115 dB SPL (peak 8Ω)
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5 kHz
- Enclosure Material: Powder painted CRS
- Grill Material: Powder coated CRS, white finish, paintable
- Baffle Material: UL94V-0 PC
- Mount Material: Zinc Plated CRS
- Input Connector: 4-Pin Euroblock (Phoenix)
- Controls: Front face power taps / low impedance selector switch
- Mounting: Patented Safety First Mounting System
- Safety Ratings: UL listed to comply with UL1480, UL2043, and CSA60065. Suitable for use in air handling spaces per NFPA 70 and NFPA 90.
- Environmental Testing: Humidity: MIL-STD810G / High and low temperature: -4˚ F to 158˚ F
- Cutout Diameter: 9.18"
- Dimensions: Length - 8.86", Diameter - 10.51"
- Net Weight: 7.82 lbs.