About the Atlas FAP82CXT
High-fidelity audio for high ceilings
High-fidelity audio for high ceilings
For high-fidelity music playback with some bass, and clear voice reproduction when you make company-wide announcements, the FAP82CXT is an excellent addition to your distributed audio system. The speaker features an 8" woofer and coaxially mounted tweeter with a tight dispersion pattern that's well-suited to rooms with high ceilings.
The speaker is designed for maximum flexibility in a 70- or 100-volt distributed audio system, thanks to 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30, and 60-watt selectable taps that are easily accessible on the face of the unit. Included Phoenix-style Euroblock connectors allow for easy daisy-chain wiring for multi-speaker installations. Mounting gear for tile and drywall ceilings is included.
Get a free system design
- 8" woofer with coaxially mounted dome tweeter
- 70-watt power handling
- frequency response: 60-15,000 Hz (±5 dB)
- 90 dB sensitivity
- high-frequency driver with conical wave-guide horn
- 90° distribution pattern enhances performance for rooms with high ceilings
- built-in 70V/100V transformers with selectable 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30, and 60-watt power taps
- 8-ohm bypass allows use with consumer audio receivers and amplifiers
- extended low-frequency response from tuned ported steel back enclosure
- compatible with a wide selection of Atlas sound baffles
- detachable Phoenix-style Euroblock connector allows easy pre-wiring and daisy-chaining additional speakers or subwoofer
- mounting gear for installation in drop tile or drywall ceilings included
- not rated for in-ceiling installation in air-handling (true plenum) spaces
- cutout diameter: 14"
- 15-3/4" diameter x 12-3/4" depth
- weight: 22.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FAP8CXT
What's in the box:
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Atlas FAP82CXT
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||60-15k|
|Power rating||150 watts|
|Peak Power rating||N/A|
Overview: Atlas Sound Strategy Series II in-ceiling speakers are designed for commercial, industrial, and institutional applications. They are known for highly detailed voice, music, and signal reproduction. The speakers feature a white frame, and can be easily installed in drop-tile or drywall ceilings using a number of mounting options. The included 24-gauge perforated steel grille has a white epoxy finish, and simply press-fits into the speaker.
Drivers: The Atlas Sound FAP8CXT is equipped with an 8" polypropylene woofer with a Butyl Rubber surround. The 1" titanium diaphragm compression driver tweeter is coaxially-mounted over the woofer. The drivers are housed in a low-profile 937 in³ optimally tuned and ported, deep drawn, galvanized metal enclosure.
Wiring Options: The FAP8CXT has a removable 4-pole Phoenix style / Euro connector for 70.7V, 100V, or 8Ω applications. This type of connector allows you to conveniently pre-wire the speaker connections, then simply plug them in when installing the speakers. The connector can accept bare wire up to 14-gauge speaker wire. The speaker is equipped with line matching transformers, requiring an amplifier capable of driving a 70.7V/100V line. Depending upon the amplifier's wattage rating and the number of speakers being driven by the amplifier, you can select a 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30, or 60-watt tap at 70.7V/100V. The tap selector is conveniently located on the front of the speaker, allowing you to set or change the taps without removing the speaker. You can also bypass the line transformers and connect the speaker to a consumer amplifier (the speaker has an 8Ω impedance).
Speaker Placement: The Strategy Series II in-ceiling speaker mounts easily into existing construction drop ceiling or drywall with the provided tile bridge assembly. The tile bridge assembly consists of two V-shaped mounting rails and a C-ring assembly. "Dog Leg" tabs hold the speaker securely in place. For new construction drywall applications, the optional FAP82-TR trim ring may be used to mark the location for drywall installers to cut around. Mounting holes in the trim ring accommodate 16" or 24" on-center joist mounting. The top of the FAP8CXT enclosure includes a support ring for attaching the mandatory auxiliary support cable for drop ceiling installations for safety and seismic considerations.
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 15kHz (±5dB)
- Power Handling:
- 70.7V / 100V Systems: 2 - 60 watts
- 8Ω Systems: 150 watts RMS
- Sensitivity (1W/1M): 92dB
- Dispersion: 90°
- Dimensions: Diameter=15.75" Height=12.75" Cutout Diameter=14"