About the AtlasIED TSD-MIX31RL
Get a free system design
No mixing board required
The Atlas TSD-MIX31RL offers an easy way to mix audio sources in a commercial audio system, so you can have your background music mute automatically when you need to make announcements or page customers.
High-quality, low-noise internal mic preamps ensure clarity and quiet operation, and the remote level control feature allows you to add a wall-mounted volume control for making convenient volume adjustments. A built-in variable output limiter reduces clipping and distortion — which comes in handy when mixing multiple sources with varying volume levels.
- mic/line mixer for integrating paging, public address, and background music in commercial applications
- high gain (50dB) microphone preamps
- switchable 24V phantom power for condenser microphones
- two balanced mic/line inputs and one unbalanced summing dual RCA line input
- vox sense (automatic vocal-sensing) and contact closure priority mute for paging
- variable output limiter
- remote level control
- 12dB/octave low cut filter
- LED input signal and peak indicators
- high-gain output for driving long balanced lines
- separate ground connections
- removable phoenix-style I/O connectors
- security covers included for all front panel controls
- requires separate 24-volt power supply (not included) for proper function
- 4"W x 1-1/2"H x 2-3/4"D
- weight: 6 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TSD-MIX31RL
What's in the box:
- Commercial 3-channel mic/line mixer
- Three 3-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connectors
- Three 2-pin Phoenix connectors
- Multi-position mounting plate
- 3 Level-control security covers
- 2 Cable retainers
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED TSD-MIX31RL
Overview: The Atlas Sound TSD-MIX31RL is an ultra-compact 3 x 1 mic/line mixer, designed for background music applications where paging, with priority music override, as well as remote level control are needed. The mixer provides a balanced line-level output for running to an outboard amplifier or processor.
- Note: The TSD-MIX31RL requires a separate 24V power supply (sold separately).
Time Saving Devices (TSDs): The TSD-MIX31RL is part of Atlas Sound's Time Saving Devices, or TSDs, for short. TSDs utilize high quality internal components, and were designed to provide efficient and cost-effective solutions to "real world" installation problems. Atlas Sound's TSD line includes mixers, amplifiers, preamps, distribution, and control devices. All of the TSDs are housed in a compact black aluminum chassis.
Priority Paging: You can accomplish Priority Paging on the TSD-MIX31RL by contact closure or VOX trigger on Input 1 that will mute the audio on Input 3. You can adjust the sensitivity of the mute circuit using the Mic VOX Sense rotary control on the rear panel. If using Contact Closure, an optional dry contact switch can be used to mute Input 3 when the two contact pins are closed.
Remote Level: A rear-panel 2-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connector can be used to connect an optional WPD-VC10K Wall Plate Level Control (sold separately) for remotely adjusting either the overall mixed signal level or Input 3 signal only (DIP switch #8 selectable).
Inputs: The TSD-MIX31RL features an unbalanced stereo RCA input and two balanced mic/line inputs (Phoenix connector) with switchable 24V Phantom power (for connecting condenser microphones). The two mic/line inputs feature high quality, low noise internal mic preamps and a selectable 12dB/octave, 125Hz low cut filter to eliminate rumble (DIP switches #4 & #6). Each input has a front-panel rotary level control knob to independently adjust the input signal levels.
Output: The TSD-MIX31RL is equipped with a single balanced line output on a 3-pin Phoenix connector.
Output Limiter: The rear-panel Output Limiter control can be used to set the peak output level. A corresponding Limiter LED lights when the Limiter is in use. The Limiter should be set after each of the Input Levels has been properly set for each input signal.
Front Panel Indicators: The front panel features 4 LED indicators: a Power indicator that lights blue when +24VDC power is present, a Signal LED that illuminates green when the input signal reaches 25mV, an Output Peak LED that illuminates red when the input signal reaches 3dBV below when signal clipping occurs, and a Limiter LED that lets you know if the internal Limiter is in use.
DIP Switches: There are 8 DIP Switches on the rear panel for configuring the mixer:
- Dip Switch #1: 24V DC Phantom Power for Input 1
- Dip Switch #2: 24V DC Phantom Power for Input 2
- Dip Switch #3: Input 1 Mic/Line selection
- Dip Switch #4: 125Hz low-cut filter for Input 1
- Dip Switch #5: Input 2 Mic/Line selection
- Dip Switch #6: 125Hz low-cut filter for Input 2
- Dip Switch #7: Input 3 Mute Receive (Off/On), mutes the audio on Input 3 when a signal is present on Input 1
- Dip Switch #8: Determines whether a connected Remote Level control adjusts all inputs mixed, or Input 3 only.
Power Requirements: The TSD-MIX31RL requires, but does not include, an external power supply of at least 24V/60mA. The optional TSD-PS24V500MA is a 24-volt power supply that can provide up to 500mA of power. The power supply has a 2-pin Phoenix connector which plugs directly into the back panel of the mixer. The optional TSD-PS24V2500MA power supply can also be used with the mixer, providing up to 2500mA for powering it along with multiple TSD devices. With either 24V power supply, the TSDs meet Energy Star standards for energy efficiency.
Mounting Options: There are several ways of mounting the TSD-MIX31RL. In addition, two cable retainer straps are included to help make a clean installation. Mounting methods include:
- Velcro: Self-adhesive, industrial-grade Velcro strips are included in the box for attaching the amp to virtually any flat surface.
- Multi-Mount Plate: A versatile multi-position mounting plate is included to secure the amp to a cabinet or wall, and is ideal for use with rear rack rails or side rack hat channels.
- Rack Mount: The optional TSD-RMK rack mount panel allows you to mount up to four TSDs in a single 1U rack space.
Security Cover: Three security covers are included to prevent potential damage or unwanted tampering with the front panel controls. The front panel knobs are removable to allow the installation of the security cover.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-1dB)
- THD: 0.06% (1 kHz)
- Balanced: Two 3-pin Phoenix connectors (mic/line)
- Unbalanced: Stereo RCA jacks
- Outputs: 1 Balanced 3-pin Phoenix connector (line-level)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 85dBV (line to line), 78dBV (mic to line)
- THD: .06% @ 1kHz
- Dimensions: Width: 4" Height: 1.5" Depth: 2.5"
- Weight: 6 oz.