About the AtlasIED PA1001G
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
When you're giving a presentation, there's one way to make sure listeners in the back row can hear you just as well as those in the front — just add speakers and an amplifier. The Atlas PA1001G amplifier is pole-mountable, so it can nestle out of sight next to a ceiling-mounted projector and provide plenty of power for the speakers in your distributed audio system. It produces 100 watts, so you can use it to drive multi-tap commercial speakers in just about any classroom or training space.
- single-channel, 100-watt commercial amplifier for distributed audio systems
- through-chassis mounting system for use with pole-mounted projector systems
- balanced and unbalanced inputs offer flexibility
- Sleep mode and Active Idle mode help conserve energy when amplifier is not in use
- current-sensing and signal-sensing auto-on
- multi-voltage power supply allows overseas operation
- adjustable gain, treble and bass tone controls
- 100 watts @ 70V into 50 ohms; 100W @ 100V into 100 ohms
- 8-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 11-1/2"D
- weight: 4.9 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA1001G
What's in the box:
- Commercial 70/100V amplifier
- AC Power cord
- Pole-mounting hardware
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED PA1001G
Overview: The Atlas PA1001G is a 2 input, 70/100V amplifier that features a through-hole mounting method, allowing it to be ceiling-mounted in conjunction with a video projector. The PA1001G can also be rack mounted with the optional Half-Rack Mounting Kit (sold separately), giving it a wide range of uses, such as boardrooms and conference rooms, restaurants, and for commercial paging and background music applications. With one balanced line input and an unbalanced stereo RCA input, the PA1001G will accommodate a variety of input sources including audio from a projector or monitor display, CD players, digital music streamers, and more. The amp features a single output channel providing up to 100W to either 70V or 100V speakers.
Inputs: The PA1001G features 2 inputs located on the rear panel. Both inputs are electrically isolated and can be used at the same time. A single front-panel Gain control adjusts the signal level for both inputs.
- Balanced Input: This input is a 5-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connector that can accommodate line-level signals.
- Unbalanced Input: This is a stereo pair of RCA inputs for running audio signals such as from a video projector, display monitor, or audio player. The stereo signal on these inputs gets summed to a mono signal.
- Remote Level Control VCA: A rear-panel 2-pin Phoenix connector lets you connect an optional a remote level control, such as the Atlas WPD-VC10K single-gang "Decora" style wall plate with a 10kΩ potentiometer (sold separately).
- Speaker: The single speaker output is a 2-pin Phoenix connector that provides the connection for either 70V or 100V speakers. 16 ga. or larger speaker wire is recommended.
- Line Out: A single unbalanced RCA jack provides a summed, line-level output signal that can be fed to additional amplifiers. The output signal can be set to either Fixed or can be assigned to vary with an optional Remote Level Control.
- Unswitched AC Outlet: A rear-panel AC outlet can provide power for other devices such as a video projector, audio player, or laptop computer. This outlet is live all the time, as long as the PA1001G is plugged into AC power, and can be used to activate the PA1001G using the AC Sense Trigger feature. When the connected device is powered on/off, the PA1001G will power on/off accordingly as well. This feature can be activated using the 4 switch DIP selectors.
Front Panel Indicators: The front panel features 3 LED indicators: a Power indicator that lights red when the AC Mains is plugged in, a Signal LED that illuminates green when the input signal reaches a level capable of driving the amp to full power, and a Limit LED that illuminates red when the input signal reaches the clipping point, or if a fault in the amp is detected.
- Power: A front-panel push-button lets you power the amp manually.
- Gain: A recessed front-panel dial adjust the overall mixed balanced/unbalanced signal level going into the amplifier.
- Bass&Treble: Two recessed front-panel dials let you adjust the bass and treble for the overall signal. Center detent is at unity, while turning in either direction will raise or lower the signal by ± 6dB @ 100Hz for the Bass control and 10kHz for the Treble.
- Audio Sense: The PA1001G can be powered on/off using the Audio Sense feature. This uses an incoming audio signal on either the balanced or unbalanced inputs to activate the amplifier. The Audio Sense dial adjusts the how low or high the input signal needs to be to activate it. Turning the dial to the right makes it less sensitive to activation and will require a louder signal to activate. Turning the dial to the left makes it more sensitive to the incoming signal level.
- DIP Switch Matrix: A 4 switch DIP matrix
lets you make the following selections:
- Sense On/Off: This determines if the PA1001G will be activated remotely, via Audio or AC trigger. With the switch in the Down position, the amp will need to be activated with the front-panel power button. In the Up position, the amp can be activated via Audio or AC Sense.
- Sense AC/Audio: This switch determines how the amplifier will be activated, either by an Audio signal or by AC Sense, if DIP switch #1 is in the Up position.
- Line Out Pre/Post VCA: This determines if the signals on the Audio Out jack will be Fixed or be adjustable using an optional Remote Level Control.
- High-Pass Filter On/Off: When this switch is in the Up position, a 100Hz (12dB/octave) high-pass filter will be applied to both input channels.
Pole Mount: The Atlas PA1001G features a 2" diameter sealed hole through the center of it, allowing it to be pole-mounted along with a video projector, sharing the same support pole. Hardware is provided for mounting so the amp will sit right above a projector.
Rack Mount: The PA1001G can also be rack mounted using the optional Atlas PA702-RMK Half-Rack Amp Mounting Kit. This allows the amp to be mounted in a standard 19" rack space. Joiner plates are also included, with the Rack Mount Kit, so two of the PA1001G's can be rack mounted side-by-side.
- Frequency Response:
- High-Pass Filter Disengaged: 30Hz - 20kHz
- High-Pass Filter Engaged: 100Hz - 20kHz
- Output Power (70V or 100V): 100 Watts
- Power Consumption (Sleep Mode): 10W
- Idle Power Consumption: 16W
- Maximum Power Consumption: 165W
- Harmonic Distortion: 0.002
- Input Sensitivity:
- Line Input: 320mV
- RCA Input: 50mV - 320mV Adjustable
- Input Impedance:
- RCA Unbalanced: 10kΩ
- Balanced: 20kΩ
- Audio Turn-On Trigger: 1mV - 20mV
- AC Turn-On Trigger: 100mA
- Dimensions: Width = 8.50", Height = 1.75", Depth = 11.50"
- Weight: 4.9 lbs.