8" pendant speaker for distributed audio systems (White)
Our take on the Atlas PM8FA by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A sound solution for high ceilings
In a room with high ceilings, standard speakers may not give ideal coverage. This 8" pendant speaker from Atlas offers a 100° dispersion pattern with excellent bass performance, so customers seated below can enjoy background music and hear announcements clearly. A built-in 70-volt transformer is tapped at 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30, and 60 watts, providing flexibility for large and small distributed audio systems. A 3-meter cable for suspending the speaker from the ceiling is included. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
Get a free system design
- 8" polypropylene cone woofer with butyl rubber surround
- PEI dome tweeter for crisp, accurate highs
- single-point mounting system allows speaker to be securely suspended from above
- handles up to 70 watts RMS power
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- frequency response: 60-15,000 Hz
- 70-volt transformer taps at 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30, and 60 watts
- 8-ohm bypass allows use with consumer audio receivers and amplifiers
- 100° dispersion pattern for broad sound coverage in large rooms with high ceilings
- includes 3-meter suspension cable and mounting hardware
- 16-5/8" high x 12-1/4" diameter
- weight: 25 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- One Pendant speaker
- 3 Meters of 2 mm cable
- Mounting hardware
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|System Frequency response||60-15,000|
|Power rating||70 Watts|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Atlas PM8FA is a 70 volt pendant speaker designed for upscale performance in retail and hospitality applications. It's comprised of the FA138 loudspeaker mounted in a specifically tuned and ported enclosure to provide impressive music reproduction and paging intelligibility. It offers a tight 100˚ conical coverage pattern in the 2 kHz band for natural sounding, wide coverage for low height installations. The PM8FA can be easily attached to most overhead surfaces with the included 3 meter cable kit which includes a self-gripping ferrule system. The speaker includes a "cap" that provides a protective, cosmetic cover that hides the mounting attachments and wiring. The pendant speaker can also be mounted using a down pipe (not included) from a hard ceiling and is compatible with any standard 3/4" ceiling fan installation kit.
Connections: Wiring for the PM8FA consists of a nine terminal set-screw strip that includes an 8Ω bypass connection and individual set-screw terminals for 1.9 W, 3.8 W, 7.5 W, 15 W, 30 W, and 60 W tap settings. An included jumper wire gets removed when doing an 8Ω connection.
- Power Rating: 100 Watts peak, 70 watts RMS
- 70.7V Taps: 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30, 60 Watts
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 20 kHz (+/- 5 dB)
- Sensitivity (1W / 1M): 90 dB average
- Dispersion Angle: 100˚
- Woofer: 8" Polypropylene cone with SBR surround
- HF Driver: Coaxially mounted PEI dome tweeter
- Dimensions: Height - 16.62", Diameter - 12.25"
- Weight: 25 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
8" pendant speaker for distributed audio systems$239.99 each
4" pendant speaker for distributed audio systems
JBL Control® 23-1
3" 2-way surface mount speaker for distributed audio systems
8" pendant speaker for distributed audio systems$351.99 each