About the AtlasIED SM8SUB70
Punchy bass for commercial installations
Punchy bass for commercial installations
Even background music sounds better with some extra oomph when you run a bar, restaurant or retail store. The Atlas SM8SUB70 is an indoor, surface-mounted 8" subwoofer that ensures the low end doesn't get lost in the mix.
The subwoofer is housed in a durable, sealed wooden enclosure that can be fly-mounted from the ceiling or wall-mounted using an optional bracket. The speaker features a barrier strip for 70- or 100-volt wiring, and an 8-ohm bypass setting with lockable Speakon™ connections.
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
- 8" indoor surface mount subwoofer in sealed wooden enclosure
- power handling: 150 watts
- frequency response: 55-100Hz (±5 dB)
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- built-in transformer with power taps at 7.5, 15, 30, and 60 watts
- barrier strip input connector for 70/100V operation
- 8-ohm bypass setting with Speakon™ connector
- built-in 120 Hz 18 dB/octave low pass filter keeps high frequencies out of the subwoofer
- sound driver is fuse-protected against power fluctuations
- easy-access input panel allows conduit runs using flexible or rigid conduit
- inserts for eyebolts included, allowing fly-mounting from the ceiling
- wall-mountable with optional brackets
- 10-5/8"W x 15-1/2"H x 10-3/8"D
- weight: 19 lbs.
- indoor use only
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SM8SUB70-B
What's in the box:
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED SM8SUB70
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||55-100Hz|
|Maximum SPL||Not given|
|Power rating||150 watts|
|Peak Power rating||N/A|
Overview: Atlas Sound surface mount speakers are designed for commercial, professional, and residential applications. The SM8SUB70 8" subwoofer can provide extended low frequency response, especially when used with smaller full-range speakers. This versatile speaker can be mounted in a wide variety of ways and places.
Construction: The Strategy Series surface-mount SM8SUB70 subwoofer is mounted into a multi-angled, 915 in³ wood enclosure with a durable black, rough-coat painted finish. It also has an attractive, heavy-duty metal grille assembly.
Driver: The Atlas Sound SM8SUB70 is equipped with a long-throw 8" paper cone woofer. The woofer features a 120Hz, 18dB/octave, three-pole passive crossover, which eliminates localization, and provides even coverage throughout the room.
Wiring Options: The SM8SUB70 has a two-pole barrier strip terminal for 70.7V, 100V, or 8Ω applications. The barrier strip can accept spade connectors or bare wire. In addition, a parallel 4-pole Speak-On input is provided for 8Ω operation only. A second Speak-On connector is provided for connecting a second speaker in parallel. The speaker is equipped with line matching transformers, requiring an amplifier capable of driving a 70.7V/100V line. Depending upon the amplifier's wattage rating and the number of speakers being driven by the amplifier, you can select a 7.5, 15, 30, or 60-watt tap at 70.7V/100V. You can also bypass the line transformers and connect the speaker to a consumer amplifier up to 150 watts per channel (the speaker has an 8Ω impedance). Recommended speaker wire gauges include:
|Connection Type||Run Length||Recommended Wire Gauge|
|8Ω||25' - 75'||14-gauge|
|70.7V / 100V||Up to 2000'||18 gauge 2 conductor|
Speaker Placement: The speaker is wedge-shaped, which provides a number of placement options. You can place the speaker on a flat surface, wall mount it using the optional SM8CBKT bracket, or suspend it using the multiple fly points provided (1/4" 20 inserts). The inserts on the top, bottom, and back of the enclosure can also accommodate Omnimount brackets (Omnimount 30 series is recommended). Wall mounting lets you use the natural boundary effect to increase the overall output by 3dB (adjacent to one wall), 6dB (two walls), or 9dB (in a corner near the ceiling).
- Frequency Response: 55Hz - 100Hz (±5dB)
- Power Handling:
- 70.7V / 100V Systems: 7 - 60 watts
- 8Ω Systems: 150 watts RMS
- Sensitivity (1W/1M): 89dB
- Dispersion: Omnidirectional
- Dimensions: Width=10.625" Height=15.5" Depth=10-3/8"
- Weight: 19 pounds