About the Atlas Sound SMA-12
Portable speaker with a punch
For over 80 years, Atlas Sound has been producing sound equipment to meet consumer and pro audio needs, and now they've put their design know-how into creating a portable powered PA speaker. The SMA-12 speaker combines a 12" woofer with a die-cast frame, a high-frequency compression driver, and a 250-watt Class D amplifier, all housed in a compact, heavy-duty molded enclosure.
The ins and outs
The SMA-12's rear panel features an XLR mic input, XLR line input, and a set of RCA line inputs. Each XLR input includes separate volume and EQ controls to shape the sound of the source. You can use the XLR line output to drive another SMA powered speaker, or use the Speakon output to drive a passive speaker.
Easy-grip handles on the top and both sides of the cabinet aid in portability, and the cabinet has a 1-3/8" pole mount for a speaker stand. Its portability and sturdy construction make it a great candidate if you're shopping for a powered speaker. And Atlas' years of experience make it a candidate you can trust.
- 2-way portable powered PA speaker
- 12" woofer with diecast frame
- high-frequency compression driver
- built-in amp delivers 250 watts RMS to both drivers
- XLR line input with gain control and 2-band EQ
- XLR mic input with gain control and 3-band EQ
- RCA line inputs
- XLR output for connecting a powered speaker
- Speakon amplifier output for connecting a passive speaker
- frequency response: 69-16,500 HZ
- sensitivity: 97 dB
- dimensions: 23-1/2"H x 13"W x 11-3/4"D
- weight: 40 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SMA-12
What's in the box:
- 12" Amplified PA speaker
- AC Power cord
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Atlas Sound SMA-12
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||77-17.5kHz|
|Maximum SPL||Not given|
|RMS Power rating||250|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||---|
|Line Inputs||(1) XLR, (1) RCA|
Overview: The Atlas SMA-12 powered PA speaker can provide clear, intelligible sound coverage for applications such as rental & staging companies, DJs, houses of worship, schools, and more. It even works well as a stage monitor for concerts or productions. The Atlas PA speaker is equipped with two high-output drivers in a bass-reflex enclosure, along with line, microphone, and RCA inputs
Amplifier & Drivers: A built-in Class D amplifier delivers 250W RMS to the 2 drivers, which include a 12" die cast low frequency driver and a high-performance, high-frequency compression driver. The SMA-12 features a built-in crossover that splits the driver frequencies at 1.55kHz (-6dB/oct), and is equipped with a Polymeric Positive Temperature Coefficient resettable switch, that protects the high frequency driver from damage caused by excessive power.
Enclosure: The SMA-12 PA speaker features a rugged injection-molded, bass reflex Polypropylene enclosure, providing exceptional sound quality along with long-lasting durability.
Mic & Line Inputs: The SMA-12 features two input channels: 1 mic and 1 line.
- Mic Input: Features a balanced female XLR socket with corresponding Gain control and 3-band EQ: Low, Mid, and High, each with +10/-10dB of adjustment.
- Line Input: Features a balanced female XLR socket with corresponding Gain control and 2-band EQ: Low and High, each with +10/-10dB of adjustment. The Line In also includes a stereo pair of RCA jacks for using a consumer playback device, like a CD or MP3 player.
LED Indicators: Three rear-panel LEDs are provided for the following:
- Sig: Lights green to indicate a signal is present on an input.
- Pow: Lights blue to indicate unit is powered on.
- Pro: Lights red to indicate the unit is in Protect mode.
Line Output: The SMA-12 has a balanced male XLR connector for connecting the mixer output to additional active speaker systems (sold separately).
Amp Output: A single Speak-ON connector lets you power an additional passive PA speaker (sold separately) from the SMA-12's internal amplifier.
Mounting & Portability: Designed for portability, the SMA-12 includes Easy-Grip handles on top of the enclosure and on both sides. M10-1.5 threaded inserts on top and bottom of the PA allow it to be wall-mounted using Atlas' optional wall bracket (sold separately). A 1-3/8" socket on the bottom of the enclosure can be used for pole-mounting the SMA-12.
- Amplifier Output Power: 250W RMS
- Frequency Response: 77Hz - 17.5kHz (±4dB)
- Sensitivity (1W/1M): 97dB
- Dispersion Angle: 90˚H x 40˚V
- Mic Inputs: 1 x XLR (balanced)
- Line Inputs: 1 x XLR (balanced) & 1 pair RCA
- Line Outputs: 1 x XLR (balanced)
- Speaker Outputs: 1 x Speak-ON powered