About the AtlasIED TSD-DA28
Two inputs, eight stereo outputs
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Two inputs, eight stereo outputs
Atlas Sound designed the TSD-DA28 line distribution amplifier to route two separate balanced signals to eight stereo outputs, making it an ideal solution for multiple-output applications including restaurants and bars, convention centers, houses of worship, and industrial facilities.
The TSD-DA28 uses Phoenix-style connectors for all inputs and outputs, and you can easily parallel the inputs for 1-in/8-out use. The amp's high-gain outputs are ideal for driving long balanced lines, while the isolated outputs prevent crosstalk and any problems with mismatched impedance. You'll find handy signal and peak indicators for each input channel on the face of the amp.
This amp requires a power supply (sold separately), but you can power multiple amps with one power supply, depending on the current required. Any available TSD power supply will work with the TSD-DA28.
- line distribution amplifier with 2 inputs and 8 outputs
- distributes two balanced line level inputs to eight isolated variable outputs
- used as a line driver and zone divider
- Phoenix-style connectors for all inputs and outputs
- input impedance: 10K ohms balanced, 5K ohms unbalanced
- output impedance: 300 ohms balanced, 150 ohms unbalanced
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 90 dB
- dimensions: 1-1/2"H x 4"W x 2-1/2"D
- weight: 6 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TSD-DA28
What's in the box:
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED TSD-DA28
Overview: The Atlas Sound TSD-DA28 is an ultra-compact 2 x 8 Line Distribution amplifier, designed to provide a clean, isolated signal to local or remote locations. It has two independent balanced inputs that can be distributed to eight isolated variable outputs. All of the Inputs and Outputs have removable Phoenix-type connectors for easy installation. This small distribution amp can be used for retail, commercial, or industrial applications, including restaurants, sports bars, houses of worship, convention centers, and hotels. Audio applications include Line Preamp, Line Driver, Zone Divider, and Broadcast. The TSD-DA28 requires a separate 24V power supply (sold separately).
Time Saving Devices (TSDs): The TSD-DA28 is part of Atlas Sound's Time Saving Devices, or TSDs, for short. TSDs utilize high quality internal components, and were designed to provide efficient and cost-effective solutions to "real world" installation problems. Atlas Sound's TSD line includes mixers, amplifiers, preamps, distribution, and control devices. All of the TSDs are housed in a compact 4" x 1.5" x 2.75" black aluminum chassis.
Inputs: The TSD-DA28 features two independent balanced line level source inputs. The unit can also accept unbalanced input signals. Each input has four corresponding outputs (Input 1 > Outputs 1-4, Input 2 > Outputs 5-8). The inputs can be easily paralleled through the use of jumpers for a 1 in / 8 out configuration. Each input has a front panel potentiometer to control input levels independently, as well as LED indicators for signal presence (green, 25mV) and input peak (red, 3dBV below clipping level).
Outputs: The distribution amplifier is equipped with a total of 8 isolated balanced line outputs. The isolation between outputs prevents crosstalk, removes mismatched input impedance problems, and allows for adjustable levels on each connected device. Each of the outputs has a front panel potentiometer to output levels independently.
Power Requirements: The TSD-DA28 does not have a power cord, but requires an external power supply of at least 24V/80mA. The optional TSD-PS24V500MA is a 24-volt power supply, capable of powering multiple TSDs up to 500mA. The power supply has a 2-pin Phoenix connector which plugs directly into the back panel of the distribution amplifier. With the 24V power supply, the TSDs meet Energy Star standards for energy efficiency.
Mounting Options: There are several ways of mounting the TSD-DA28. In addition, two cable retainer straps are included to help make a clean installation. Mounting methods include:
- Velcro: Self-adhesive, industrial-grade Velcro strips are included in the box for attaching the amp to virtually any flat surface.
- Brackets: Two mounting brackets are included in the box to secure the amp to a cabinet or wall.
- Rack Mount: The optional TSD-RMK rack mount panel allows you to mount up to four TSDs in a single 1U rack space.
Security Cover: A security cover is included to prevent potential damage or unwanted tampering with the front panel controls. The front panel knobs are removable to allow the installation of the security cover.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-1dB)
- Input Impedance: 10KΩ balanced, 5KΩ unbalanced
- Line Input Level: 1V (0dBV) balanced = 2V (+6dBV) balanced output; Maximum Input 6V (15dBV)
- Output Impedance: 300Ω balanced, 150Ω unbalanced
- Line Output Level: 1V (0dBV) balanced in = 2V (+6dBV) balanced; Maximum Output 6V (15dBV)
- THD: 0.06% (1 kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 90dB
- Dimensions: Width: 4" Height: 1.5" Depth: 2.75"
- Weight: 6 ounces