Atlas Sound TSD-DCPDV
DC power distribution unit with variable output voltage
Our take on the Atlas Sound TSD-DCPDV by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Power for your TSD module
Atlas Sound designed their TSD-DCPDV distribution unit to provide power to their TSD modules and any other commercial audio equipment requiring DC power. The rear panel includes one 9-24V input for a user selected power supply of up to 2500mA. It also includes four fixed 24V outputs and two 5-24V variable outputs. Its variable-power outputs work great for wireless microphones which typically run on 12-15 VDC. You can adjust the voltage for variable outputs with a secure trim pot on the back panel. The unit also features two USB outputs to charge other devices or for USB-style rack lighting.
This unit requires a power supply (sold separately) for proper operation; multiple TSDs can be powered by one power supply based on current requirements. This unit requires 20mA, but the power requirements of attached TSDs must be accounted for when selecting the power supply.
Get a free system design
- DC power distribution unit with variable output voltage
- 1 input/6 outputs
- four independent 24V outputs
- two 5V to 24V variable outputs
- two 5VDC USB charge units
- individual channels are filtered and isolated
- separate ground connections
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Atlas Sound TSD-DCPDV is an ultra-compact variable DC power distribution block, designed to provide DC power from a single source to an installation that requires multiple power supplies with the same voltage rating. This power distribution block can be used for retail, educational, commercial, or industrial applications, including restaurants, houses of worship, schools, medical facilities, and offices. Audio applications include powering Wireless Microphones, reducing the number of AC outlets needed, and powering multiple Time Saving Devices (TSDs). The TSD-DCPDV requires a separate 24V power supply (sold separately) .
Time Saving Devices (TSDs): The TSD-DCPDV is part of Atlas Sound's Time Saving Devices, or TSDs, for short. TSDs utilize high quality internal components, and were designed to provide efficient and cost-effective solutions to "real world" installation problems. Atlas Sound's TSD line includes mixers, amplifiers, preamps, distribution, and control devices. All of the TSDs are housed in a compact 4" x 1.5" x 2.75" black aluminum chassis.
Fixed/Variable Power: The TSD-DCPDV takes a single 24VDC input and distributes it to up to 8 fixed and variable DC power outputs, including two USB ports on the front panel. The power outputs include:
- 4 rear panel Fixed 24V outputs (2-pin Phoenix connectors)
- 2 rear panel Variable 5V-24V outputs (2-pin Phoenix connectors, and potentiometer)
- 2 front panel USB 5V/500mA charging ports (Type A USB female connectors)
Note: To determine voltage for the Variable Output, you will need to connect a voltmeter to the output and turn the potentiometer up or down until desired voltage is reached.
Power Requirements: The TSD-DCPDV does not have a power cord, but requires an external 24V power supply with a current capacity of 1-3 amps, such as the TSD-PS24V2500MA (sold separately). The power supply has a 2-pin Phoenix connector which plugs directly into the back panel of the distribution amplifier. To determine if the input current capacity is sufficient to power the connected devices, a TSD Power Supply Calculator is available from Atlas Sound. With the 24V power supply, the TSDs meet Energy Star standards for energy efficiency.
Mounting Options: There are several ways of mounting the TSD-DCPDV. In addition, two cable retainer straps are included to help make a clean installation. Mounting methods include:
- Velcro: Self-adhesive, industrial-grade Velcro strips are included in the box for attaching the amp to virtually any flat surface.
- Brackets: Two mounting brackets are included in the box to secure the amp to a cabinet or wall.
- Rack Mount: The optional TSD-RMK rack mount panel allows you to mount up to four TSDs in a single 1U rack space.
- DC Voltage Input: 1A - 3A, 24V DC, 3A Max
- Connector: Removable 2-position Captive Screw terminal (3.5mm spacing)
- DC Voltage Output:
- Fixed (24V DC): 4 removable 2-position Captive Screw terminals (3.5mm spacing); Current output related to Input power supply and load
- Fixed (5V DC/500mA each): 2 x USB charge ports (front panel)
- Variable (5-24V DC/500mA each): 2 removable 2-position Captive Screw terminals (3.5mm spacing) with adjustable voltage via rotary control
- Active isolation
- DC Storage and AC Ripple Filters
- Over Current auto reset thermal switch for variable output
- Dimensions: Width: 4" Height: 1.5" Depth: 2.75"
- Weight: 6 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.