About the AtlasIED Z-4B
Ensure privacy with four-zone sound masking
Ensure privacy with four-zone sound masking
Privacy is absolutely essential when discussing proprietary technology or sensitive personnel matters. The AtlasIED Z-4B system provides indirect sound masking for four zones, totaling up to 14,000 square feet. Integrated analog noise generators offer non-intrusive wide-area masking, and Speech Privacy Enhancement mode makes sure nobody in the surrounding area can eavesdrop or accidentally overhear what's being discussed in a meeting room.
This system is designed to drive AtlasIED's M1000 sound masking speakers (not included).
Paging and background music
Each zone in the Z-4B system can be independently assigned for sound masking or background music and paging. In a large office, zone 1 can be a front desk/reception area where music and announcements can be heard, while sound masking in zone 2 keeps an open work space from being overwhelmed with background noise. Conference rooms in zones 3 and 4 can be placed in speech privacy mode when sensitive meetings take place. In zone 1, mic priority automatically lowers the music level when the mic is engaged, so important announcements can be heard clearly.
- 4 x 30 watts in a 70V or 100V system
- supports paging, background music and sound masking for privacy
- indirect zone sound masking covers up to 14,000 square feet over four zones
- each zone can be independently designated for sound masking or paging and background music
- EQ, high- and low-pass filters and limiter for each input
- paging and background music features:
- Z-Series iOS® and Android® app for system tuning and control
- Bluetooth® for music streaming
- independent level controls for mic/line and Bluetooth input
- mic priority muting for paging
- independent EQ and level control for each zone
- front-panel display for system programming and control
- preprogrammed with filter presets for standard use cases
- custom filters can be configured on a PC and uploaded to the control unit
- can be in-wall, surface-, or rack-mounted (rack-mounting requires an optional kit)
- 3-pin balanced Euroblock mic/line input
- 3.5mm summed unbalanced auxiliary input
- Type-A USB port for data transfer and firmware updates
- Euroblock speaker terminals
Dimensions and warranty:
- 10-3/4"W x 8-3/16"H x 2-3/8"D
- weight: 10 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Z4-B
What's in the box:
- Z4 Control panel
- I/O Backbox
- Dress ring
- 2 End caps
- 2 In-wall support brackets
- Power supply (+24VDC/5A output)
- Six M3x10mm screws
- Ten M3x5.7mm screws
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED Z-4B
Overview: The Atlas Z4-B is a 4-zone sound masking system that can provide high quality speech privacy as well as background music and paging. The Z4-B includes a multitude of features enabling it to conform to most design requirements, while remaining intuitive enough for simple operation. Designed for 70V/100V use, the Z4-B can provide up to 14,000 sq. ft. of sound masking coverage for businesses, conference rooms, and office spaces. In addition to sound masking, the Z4-B can also provide paging and background music (BGM), with a 3.5mm stereo summed input, Bluetooth audio streaming, as well as a 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) paging input that can accept either Line or Mic signals.
4-Zone: The Atlas Z4-B can provide up to 120W of power to 4 zones (30W per zone) for either 70 or 100 volt commercial speaker systems. Low impedance speakers (8Ω) are not supported. Each Zone features its own integrated analog noise generator using proprietary Chanaud masking filters, along with independent control and configuration for each.
Speech Privacy Enhancement: The Z4-B features a Speech Privacy Enhancement mode that can be engaged while a meeting is in progress. This mode applies additional acoustical energy to the surrounding environment, increasing the privacy for the room occupants. Atlas' unique secured speech filters have been approved and implemented in many installations around the world including military and government facilities. Activation of the Speech Privacy Enhancement feature can be done via a hardwired switch, from a smartphone or tablet using the Z Series App for iOS or Android, or using an optional wireless desktop/wall mount switch (sold separately). An optional wired or wireless sign is available for a visual aid to notify attendees when Enhanced Privacy Mode is active. When engaged, the front panel LCD screen will display "Enhanced Privacy" and the masking level will change to the user preset Privacy level (default is +6dB).
BGM & Paging: In addition to exceptional sound masking, the Z4-B can deliver high quality background music (BGM) and paging as well. The Mic/Line, 3.5mm Aux, and Bluetooth inputs each have 5-band EQ along with high- and low-pass filters for maximum performance. For paging applications, the Z4-B uses a unique high-Q feedback filter that's specifically tailored to the vocal frequency range, as well as output limiters to protect against system overdrive.
System Commissioning Ramp (SCR): Each zone can have its own independent System Commissioning Ramp that will gradually increase the sound masking level by 1dB each day over a 14 day period.
SHS EQ: Some SHS (Strategically Hidden Speaker) speakers require unique EQ processing to maximize their performance. The Z2-B features a custom EQ setting that can be activated if using SHS speakers.
Configuration & Presets: Configuration of the Z4-B's settings can be done through the front panel controls and display or through a Bluetooth connected smartphone or tablet using the Z Series App for iOS and Android. Menu options are divided into User Control Settings and Advanced Settings. Advanced Settings can be password protected if needed. Each zone can have its own Masking and Speech Privacy Enhancement adjustments. Settings can be stored in one of 10 Presets and comes default with the Factory Preset active. This preset is designed to be used in a wide variety of general applications. Six additional Presets are included for different types of operating environments and locations. Configuration options include:
- Masking and Privacy Levels for both zones.
- Mic/Line Gain adjustments.
- Phantom power.
- Mic Feedback filter adjustments.
- System Commissioning Ramp (SCR) activation and adjustments.
- SHS EQ settings.
- Password setting.
- Firmware updating information.
Connections: All connections to the Z4-B are made on the I/O backbox behind the front panel. Electrical connections to the removable front panel are done via ribbon connectors. I/O backbox connections include:
- Speaker Outputs: Two 4-pin Euroblock connectors provide the Zone 1 - Zone 4 speaker output connections.
- Mic/Line (Paging) Input: A balanced 3-pin Euroblock connector can be used for Mic- or Line-level sources. This input can provide +24VDC of phantom power for condenser microphones, as well as mic feedback filtering.
- Aux Input: A stereo 3.5mm input can accept audio from playback devices such as a CD player or media steamer. Stereo input signals are summed to mono.
- Speech Privacy Enhancement Control Port: A 3-pin Euroblock connector can be used to remotely activate the Privacy Enhancement feature and to power an optional wired "Enhanced Privacy In Use" sign.
- Fault Reporting Port: A 2-pin Euroblock connector is normally closed during operation and will open if a fault condition occurs.
- DC Power Input: A 2-pin Euroblock connector is used to attach the included +24VDC/5A power supply.
- Display: The Z4-B front panel features an easy-to-read, 2-line LCD for displaying menu options and Enhanced Privacy when selected.
- Navigation: Four navigational arrows and an Enter button are used for selecting menu options.
- Bluetooth: A Bluetooth status indicator lights when a connected device is streaming audio to the Z4-B and when pairing.
- USB: A front-panel USB (type-A) can be used for uploading or downloading a project file, as well as for updating the firmware.
Mounting: The Atlas Z4-B includes brackets and hardware to mount it to a wall, either flush-mount or surface-mount. It can also be rack-mounted using the optional ZSERIES-RMK Rack-Mount Kit (sold separately).