About the HOSA IBT 402 Drive
Stream to your other devices
Stream to your other devices
Nowadays almost everyone uses their smartphone to stream music, podcasts, and other audio. But it's a drag to have to use a cord to connect your phone when you're accustomed to the freedom of wireless. Hosa's IBT-402 Drive Bluetooth® interface gives you the connectivity you need, whether you're connecting a Bluetooth source to a non-Bluetooth system, or vice versa.
Multiple modes for multiple uses
The Drive offers two modes of operation, Receiver Mode and Transmitter Mode.
- Receiver Mode: the interface plugs into the input on your non-Bluetooth car stereo, pro audio mixer, or home audio system, and accepts audio from your phone or other Bluetooth device.
- Transmitter Mode: lets you broadcast sound from a non-Bluetooth source to your Bluetooth-capable car stereo, headphones, or speakers.
Take it along
The IBT-402 runs on a built-in battery with up to 8 hours of life, so you don't have to worry about finding a power source when you use it. Charging is simple with the included USB cable, and the Drive can charge while in use. Now you can solve your connectivity problems with a simple, inexpensive universal solution.
- stream audio to your car stereo or other audio systems with a 3.5 mm mini-jack input
- two operating modes:
- receiver (sends audio from your Bluetooth device into your car or home system)
- transmitter (sends audio from a non-Bluetooth device to your Bluetooth car, office, or home system)
- two cables included for plugging into your source's output or your audio system's input:
- minijack male to minijack male cable plugs into your source's output or your audio system's input
- stereo cable (3.5mm TRS to 2 x RCA)
- built-in battery charges via USB (cable included)
- battery life: 8 hours
- max operating distance: 10 meters
- compatible with Apple and Android Bluetooth devices
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IBT-402
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth interface
- 38" USB Charging cable (2.0 / type-A to micro-B)
- 11" 3.5mm audio cable
- 12" 3.5mm (female) - stereo RCA (male) cable
- Instruction manual
HOSA IBT 402 Drive reviews
The spoken words on the tv screen are not synchronized with the audio of the earphones.
Cons: As above.
0 of 0 found this helpful
This drive prevented me from throwing out a good but old analog receiver. I am extremely happy.
2 of 2 found this helpful
For such a small unit this thing is amazing!
Pros: Easy to us Connects quickly and automatically
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the HOSA IBT 402 Drive
Overview: The Hosa IBT-402 Bluetooth Interface lets you add Bluetooth wireless capability to most any audio device that doesn't feature built-in Bluetooth, such as an analog audio mixer, turntable, or analog stereo receiver.
Bluetooth: Featuring Bluetooth version 4.2, the IBT-402 supports APTX, A2DP, and AVRCP, for CD-like audio quality as well as Bluetooth control. For added flexibility, a 2-way slide-switch on the IBT-402 allows it to act as either a Bluetooth Transmitter (TX) or Receiver (RX). This also determines the function of the 3.5mm stereo audio jack, allowing it to work as either an audio Input or an audio Output. Pressing and holding the Multi-function (Power) button will put the unit into pairing mode, with the transmitting or receiving unit searching for the IBT-402. No security PIN is required for pairing. Bluetooth range is approximately 33 feet in open spaces.
Battery: The IBT-402 includes a built-in rechargeable battery, giving it up to 8 hours of operating time in Transmit mode and up to 6 hours in Receive mode. Charging is done using the provided USB cable (2.0, type-A to micro-B) and takes approximately 2 hours to fully recharge.
Controls and Ports:
- Multi-Function Button (Power): Used to power the interface on/off, pressing and holding puts unit in pairing mode. Also contains the LED indicator. This will flash during pairing, alternating between red and blue, then switch to blue, blinking slowly, when pairing is complete.
- TX/RX: This 2-way slide-switch determines if the unit will be operating in either Transmit or Receive mode.
- Aux In/Out: A 3.5mm stereo audio jack is used for either transmitting or playing back audio.
- USB: The micro-B USB jack is strictly for charging the Bluetooth interface.
- Bluetooth Version: 4.2
- Frequency Range: 2402 MHz - 2480 MHz
- Supports: APTX, A2DP, AVRCP
- Operating Distance: Up to 33 ft. (open space)
- Internal Battery: 200 mAh
- Operating Time: Up to 8 hrs. in TX mode, 6 hrs. in RX mode
- Charging Time: Approximately 2 hrs.
- Input Voltage: 5 VDC
- Ports: 3.5mm TRS (audio), micro-B USB (charging)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked