About the SurgeX SX-1115RT
Professional-grade power protection for your home
SurgeX provides power protection for many of the top arenas, stadiums, and concert halls in the country. (Including Carnegie Hall and the Cowboys' stadium.) In other words, venues that: (A) absolutely can't afford to have power failures and (B) require the cleanest power for pristine audio and video. SurgeX now offers power protection for the home, so that you can expect the same level of reliability and quality for your essential gear.
- designed to be mounted in a component rack system
- 8 industrial-grade AC outlets on back panel (6 switchable, 2 always on)
- one courtesy AC outlet on front panel
- Advanced Series Mode surge protection can withstand up to 1,000 surges of 6,000 volts
- advanced Impedance Tolerant® EMI/RFI filters virtually eliminates line noise
- self-test circuit with visual indicator
- ICE® "inrush current elimination" technology softly turns on connected equipment to prevent harming internal circuitry
- COUVS® technology monitors incoming AC and automatically cuts off power to connected equipment if over- or under-voltage is detected
- remote turn-on
- thermal circuit breaker overload protection
- magnetic-shielded steel chassis
- 9-ft. AC power cord with 15-amp plug
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 10-1/2"D
- weight: 11 lbs.
- warranty: 10 year (limited)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SX115RT
What's in the box:
- Surge eliminator (attached 9' power cord)
- Remote terminal block (pre-installed)
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty Information
SurgeX SX-1115RT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SurgeX SX-1115RT
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||9|
|Powerline Network Compatible||Yes|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$50,000 (5 Years)|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
Rack Mount Surge Eliminator: With SurgeX rack mount surge eliminators your connected equipment will be protected from destructive spikes, surges, and inductive transients that can cause disruptions and catastrophic damage.
A-1-1 Certified Surge Protection: All SurgeX products meet Grade A, Class 1, Mode 1 surge protection certification. Grade A guarantees protection from the worst surges normally found within a building during a lightning strike (as defined by IEEE/ANSI C62.41-1991). Class 1 provides the best quality surge suppression, while Mode 1 guarantees that the system ground is not contaminated.
- Survived 1,000 surges of 6,000V/3000A with no failures or degradation
- Let-through voltage did not exceed 330V
- Ground was not contaminated
Advanced Series Mode Surge Elimination Technology: Featuring Advanced Series Mode surge elimination technology, the SurgeX Rack Mount series surge eliminator provides premium protection for sensitive equipment that relies on audio and video performance. Its patented power protection technology is non-sacrificial and eliminates surge energy up to 6,000 Volts, without producing harmful side effects such as ground contamination or common mode disturbances that can degrade the performance of AV systems.
Non-Sacrificial: Most importantly, SurgeX surge eliminators do not incorporate sacrificial components of any kind, effectively guaranteeing an unlimited service life without the requirement for testing and/or periodic maintenance.
No Ground Contamination: SurgeX surge eliminators act first as low pass filters which simply block the high-frequency (HF) components of powerline surges. The remaining low-frequency (LF) surge energy is diverted into a bank of capacitors where it is stored for the duration of the event and then slowly discharged back across the incoming hot and neutral conductors without involving any connection to equipment ground. SurgeX surge eliminators can thus be placed anywhere along a power circuit without the ground reference elevation disadvantage of many other surge protection devices.
ICE (Inrush Current Elimination): The SurgeX SX-1115-RT employs ICE (Inrush Current Elimination) to protect your connected equipment when they are powering up. Inrush is the initial current that occurs when a motor or electronic equipment is first turned on. The inrush current is usually several times higher than the normal operating current. In the case of electronic equipment the initial inrush current occurs while the power supply charges up. Equipment with a large current draw can have an inrush current large enough to blow a circuit breaker or damage switches and relays.
COUVS (Catastrophic Over/Under Voltage Shutdown): The SX-115-RT's incorporates COUVS technology to monitor incoming AC and automatically cuts off power to connected equipment if over (145V) or under (90V) voltage is detected.
EMI/RFI Filtering: The SurgeX SX-1115-RT utilizes advanced impedance tolerant EMI/RFI filters to virtually eliminate any line noise.
- EMI: Electromagnetic interference is a general type of electric, radio or magnetic interference which is transmitted by conduction or radiation and can be of a very wide frequency range.
- RF interference: Radio frequency interference is interference which is caused by radio signals.
9 Industrial-Grade AC Outlets: The SXSX-1115-RT has a total of nine industrial-grade 3-prong receptacles - six "switched", two "always on", and a front-panel "courtesy" outlet. Each receptacle is rated for a maximum load of 15 amps, but the total load also must not exceed 15 amps. Plug the equipment cords into the always-on and switched receptacles as needed to power the equipment.
- Three "Always On" Outlets: The three "always on" receptacles (2 rear/1 front) provide power as long as power is supplied to the SX-1115-RT and the AC voltage is within normal limits.
- Six "Switched" Outlets: The six "switched" outlets provide power only when the SX-1115-RT's front-panel switch is turned on and the remote control input is also activated.
Thermal Circuit Breaker Overload Protection: The SurgeX SX-1115-RT incorporates thermal circuit breaker overload protection to guard against over-heating.
Indicator Lights: The SX1115-RT has four indicator lights on the front-panel - Power (red), Over/Under Voltage Protection (orange), Self-Test (green), & Remote (yellow).
- Power Indicator: The red Power light indicates that the power switch is turned on, power is applied to the unit and the AC voltage is within normal limits.
- Over/Under Voltage Protection: The orange Over/Under Voltage Protection light indicates that the AC voltage is below 90 volts or above 145 volts.
- Self-Test Light: The green Self-Test light indicates that power is applied to the unit and the internal surge protection circuitry is fully functional.
- Remote Light: The yellow Remote light indicates that the remote control is active and the rear switched receptacles are on.
Remote Control Connections: Remote control connections are wired to the green 7-pin plug-in Phoenix terminal block on the rear-panel of the SX-1115-RT. You can unplug the terminal block to make connections and after you have made the connections to the terminal block, plug it back into the connector on the rear-panel of the SX-1115-RT.
- Pins 1, 2 & 3 (Contact Closure / Applied Voltage + / Applied Voltage -): Control of the switched receptacles can be accomplished by using a switch (contact closure), another SurgeX product such as the SEQ, or by an applied voltage (5-30 volts DC). When using a switch, choose a switch with gold contacts for the best long-term reliability.
- Pins 4 & 5 (Remote LED + / Remote LED -): An LED connected to pins 4 and 5 will indicate when the switched receptacles are on.
- Pins 6 & 7 (Aux Relay Contacts): The auxiliary relay contacts provide a way to cascade units or to provide confirmation feedback to a central controller.
Note: The terminal block features a pre-installed jumper wire between pins 1 & 2 so that the SX-1115-RT can be used without a remote control connection. If you will be using remote control, you will first need to remove this jumper wire.
9' Attached Power Cord: The SurgeX SX-1115-RT features an attached 9' power cord that is terminated by a 3-prong AC plug. The SX-1115-RT is rated for a maximum load of 15 amps.
Mounting Options: The SurgeX SX-1115-RT is designed to be installed in a 19" equipment rack and requires one unit (1-U) of rack space. It can also be simply placed horizontally on top of a flat surface, like a piece of AV furniture, stand, or table.
Warranty Information: SurgeX offers a limited lifetime product warranty on their surge eliminators and a limited five year connected protection warranty on equipment (up to $50,000) connected to the SurgeX surge protector/line-conditioner.