About the Rydeen BSS2LPBC-MI
Enhance your rear-view
Enhance your rear-view
Rydeen's BSS2LPBC-MI rear-view system gives you everything you need for an all-round safer drive. The included replacement rear-view mirror incorporates a 4.3" video monitor for the backup cam. Rydeen smartly builds a blind-spot detection sensor and a backup camera into a universal license plate frame. With the included left and right blind spot indicators installed on your vehicle's A-pillars, you'll know when a vehicle is hovering just out of sight.
Blind spot technology
The Rydeen blind-spot detector uses microwave radar technology to alleviate driver stress, providing visual and audible alerts that help you avoid accidents in these two scenarios:
20 mph & above: When you use your turn signal, the BSS2LPBC-MI alerts you if you're veering into another vehicle in your blind spot.
Shift into reverse: The BSS2LPBC-MI alerts you to cross-traffic as you back up, especially useful if you've got taller vehicles on both sides of your parking space.
The included universal mounting bracket attaches to most vehicle windshields, allowing you to mount the mirror. Additionally, some wiring is involved to power this mirror monitor. Installation will require running wire for power and video between the mirror and the camera. The blind spot detection will require similar power and signal wiring. If you have not attempted this kind of job before, professional installation is recommended.
- rear-view mirror/monitor with backup cam and blind spot detection system
- blind spot detection system provides:
- visual and audible blind spot detection moving forward and in reverse
- System includes:
- rear-view mirror with built-in 4.3" video monitor
- left and right blind spot LED indicators
- universal license plate frame with built-in blind-spot radar and backup cam
- speaker for audible alerts
- universal mounting bracket for the mirror
- all essential wiring and modules
- video input for adding another camera
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BSS2LPBC-MI
What's in the box:
- This system contains 2 individually packaged items along with a quick reference installation guide:
- BSS-MI Mirror Monitor:
- Rear-view mirror with 4.3" monitor screen (attached 3' power/ground input cable and 12.5' right/left LED cables)
- 8' Composite video/power/ground extension cable
- Mirror mounting wedge
- Wire channel
- T-25 Torx key
- Ten 4" wire ties
- Owner's manual
- Installation precautions¬es
- BSS2LPBC Blindspot Detection System:
- BSS Bar radar sensor w/ integrated reverse camera (attached 33" output cable)
- Main control module
- GPS Antenna w/ attached 10' cable
- Buzzer w/ attached 10' cable
- 2 LED Indicators w/ attached 21" cable
- 24' BSS Bar extension cable (proprietary Bar connector on one end / male composite video & left/right sensor connectors on other end)
- 34" 20-Pin main control module harness (attached left/right LED input/output connectors and bare-ended wires)
- Two 23' LED extension cables
- 3 Pairs of camera mounting wedges (5- 10- & 15-degrees)
- 2 M6x20mm screws
- 2 M6x16mm screws
- 3 M6x12mm screws
- 3 Flat-washers
- 3 Nuts
- 5mm Allen key
- 2 LED Housings w/ 3M adhesive backing
- Ten 5.5" wire ties
- One 3M adhesive pad
- 4 Velcro pads
- Owner's manual
Rydeen BSS2LPBC-MI reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rydeen BSS2LPBC-MI
System Overview: The Rydeen BSS2MI blindspot detection system includes a replacement rearview mirror, with built-in 4.3" LCD screen, along with a license-plate mounted HD rearview camera and ultrasonic radar sensor that can detect objects in your blindspot areas around your vehicle. Two dash-mounted LED indicators, and two mirror indicator icons, will light to warn you of an approaching vehicle or object on either side of your vehicle; a dash-mounted buzzer can provide an audible alert at the same time.
Rearview Mirror-Monitor: The Rydeen BSS-MI frameless rearview mirror-monitor replaces your vehicle's existing factory rearview mirror and features an adjustable mounting bracket that tilts & swivels. The 10.5" rearview mirror incorporates an inset 4.3" LCD monitor to the left side of the mirror. The rearview mirror-monitor features dual composite video inputs, one for the included backup camera and one for an optional external video source or dashcam (sold separately). The LCD monitor offers auto-dimming with variable brightness for day and nighttime driving.
Note: The mirror does not have dimming for nighttime headlight glare and does not have a day/night lever.
Camera Input: The rearview mirror-monitor connects to the included license-plate camera/radar sensor via a composite video jack and proprietary connectors. When the vehicle is put into reverse, the rearview mirror-monitor will automatically switch to the camera input.
Video Input: In addition the composite video camera input, the BSS-MI rearview mirror-monitor also features an additional composite video input for connecting a dashcam or other external video source (sold separately). This secondary video input will be overridden by the unit's rear-view camera input when it receives 12V on the reverse trigger wire.
Mounting Options: The rearview mirror-monitor comes with a universal mounting bracket (VSM-AV), allowing it to be mounted to most vehicle windshields.
Power Requirements: The rearview mirror-monitor will require power, ground, and reverse wire connections to your vehicle's 12-volt system, using the included wiring.
Camera & Sensor: The BSS2LPBC is a license plate mounted blind spot detection system designed to add an extra set of "eyes" to warn the driver if there are any vehicles in either blind spot before or during a lane change. The radar sensor can provide a 52˚ horizontal detection range, while the HD camera can provide an 85˚ horizontal viewing angle when reversing. The built-in ultrasonic radar sensor can provide the following detection ranges:
- Car: 1-65'
- Truck: 1-80'
- Motorcycle: 1-50'
- Pedestrian: 1-45'
Components: In addition to a built-in rear-view camera, the BSS2LPBC features two microwave radar sensors angled towards each rear corner blindspot of the vehicle. The license plate bar can be installed on the top or bottom of the rear license plate using the existing mounting holes. An LED indicator gets mounted on each "A" pillar along with a dash mounted buzzer to provide visual and audible warnings. A GPS signal, from the provided antenna, automatically activates the system once the vehicle is moving faster than the selected limit, which can be set for 5, 10, 15, or 20 mph (default). If no GPS signal is detected, the unit will activate at any speed. When the sensors detect an approaching vehicle in the blindspot, the LED for that side will light up. If the turn signal is activated and a vehicle is detected in the blindspot of that side, the LED will flash and the buzzer will sound.
Cross Traffic Detection Alert: The BSS2LPBC also features a Cross Traffic Detection Alert. When the vehicle is switched into reverse, the Sensor Bar's radar coverage gets extended farther to the left and right, alerting the driver of approaching vehicles when backing out of tight parking spaces.
HD Camera: The BSS2LPBC includes a built-in HD camera, providing an 85˚ horizontal viewing range when reversing. The camera connection cable includes 2 loop wires that can provide the following:
- White Loop: The camera can be mounted on the bottom of a license plate (default) or can be mounted on the top, upside down. If installing on top, the white loop can be cut, flipping the camera image upright.
- Green Loop: The HD camera can display parking lines when reversing. The default, with the loop intact, does not display parking lines. Cutting the green loop will display parking lines.
Weather-Proof: The BSS2LPBC camera and radar sensor bar carries an IP67 weather-proof rating.
Note: The included cables are not waterproof.