About the KEF GFS-124
A sturdy foundation for your LS50s
Proud owner of a pair of KEF LS50 speakers? These custom-build KEF stands are designed to complement your passive or powered speakers. They provide a stable foundation and place the speakers at the ideal listening height to help you get the best sound quality. Carpet spikes are included for additional stability on a rug or thick carpet.
- pair of custom-designed speaker stands for KEF LS50 passive and powered speakers
- provides an attractive, rock-solid foundation for your speakers
- sturdy steel construction with powder-coated matte black finish
- columns can be filled with sand or shot (not included) during assembly for additional mass and stability
- integrated cable management allows speaker wire or cables to be hidden away
- included rubber isolation pads can be placed on the top plate to reduce speaker resonance
- adjustable spiked feet are included for added stability on carpet
- dimensions with spikes: 8-11/16"W x 25-1/16"H x 10-1/4"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GFS-124
What's in the box:
- 2 Top-plates
- 2 Base-plates
- 2 Central columns
- 2 Counter-sunk screws
- 2 Pan-head screws
- 8 Spike feet
- 8 Nuts
- 8 Threaded caps
- 8 Rubber pads
- Assembly Instructions
KEF GFS-124 reviews
Do the job well for height while seated. Sturdy Assembly is straight forward. A little expensive so the value is what keeps it from getting 5 stars
Pros: Sturdy Set up is easy Well matched to speakers
Cons: Price-- but then I bought them knowing full well that there were less expensive options
0 of 0 found this helpful
A heavy well made stand and a good match for my LS50's. I have filled them approximately 1/3 of the way with sand and they are quite stable. It would be nice if a gasket had been included to keep a small amount of sand from leaking at first. I used a small bead of Blu Tack to seal the tube during assembly. A small amount of clear silicon caulk would work as well.
Pros: Heavy, well made, stable
Cons: Could use a gasket to seal the bottom of the tube.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Buying from Crutchfield was incredibly easy. One 10 minute phone call and the speakers and stands arrived at my doorstep in less than 72 hours, well packaged and in perfect condition. Very friendly and knowledgeable sales person. The stands are solid steel, heavy, stable, and attractive.
Pros: functional, solid, stable, attractive
Cons: I wish there were a way to attach the speakers to the stands. I'm a little afraid my grandson, age 21 months, could pull a speaker off its stand.
0 of 1 found this helpful
very well made stands, I am using them with my KEF LS50 speakers, after filling the tubes with sand they are very stable, the floor platform is large enough for stable footing, and the top platform is just the right size for my speakers
Pros: very well made stands, I immediately filled them with stand for added stability and dampening they work well with my KEF LS50 speakers
Cons: none, very stable when filled with sand, they maybe could have made it easier to fill.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Well made stands that work very well with my heavy KEF LS50 wireless speakers. The are sturdy, made of metal and actually are quite stable for something that is by design tall and thin and that will have a heavy speaker set on the top of it. Having said that however I would not use them in a house with children or large pets. Not a knock on the speaker construction, but just the realization that speaker stands that are tall with relatively small bases and that mount heavy speakers have a possibility of being knocked over. My kids are grown and I use them in a room where the pets are not allowed, so they have been perfectly fine for me. In fact they allow me to get the KEFs away from the wall where they can shine without to many random wall sound reflections. They do allow the main tube to be filled with shot or sand to get more mass a bit lower, but I have not felt it necessary to do that without small creatures running around that may run into and topple them.
4 of 4 found this helpful
More details on the KEF GFS-124
Compatibility: The KEF GFS-124 speaker stand is custom-designed specifically for the LS50 bookshelf loudspeakers and powered speakers (sold separately). The stand can also be used with other bookshelf speakers of similar size and weight.
- This sturdy yet elegant speaker stand features steel construction with a powder coated matte black finish.
- The speaker stand's central column can be fill with inert filler (sold separately) during assembly.
- The stand's central column offers a wire-management channel to conceal your wire and cables.
- The included rubber isolation pads can be placed on the top-plate to prevent speaker resonance.
- Adjustable spike feet are included for carpeted flooring and screw into the base. Rubber feet and protective discs for hardwood, laminate, and tile floors are not included and sold separately.
- Height w/ Spikes: 25.0625"
- Height w/o Spikes: 23.9375"
- Top Plate: 6.5625" (w) x 7.125" (d)
- Base: 8.6875" (w) x 10.25"" (d)
- Weight Capacity: 22.5 lbs.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked