About the KEF KC62
Elegant and powerful
Elegant and powerful
Let's get this out of the way. The KEF KC62 sure is pretty. Its smooth, curved lines and compact form look great in about any room. It's suprisingly small size also makes placement easier — you can add deep bass to your home audio system, even in a room where space is tight. Even better, this little sub is deceptively powerful and delivers dynamic bass with some serious "oomph," all the way down to an impressive 11 Hz.
Uni-Core drivers work together to help the KC62 punch above well above its weight class.
It's hard to find a sub that rolls out deep rumbles on movie night, reproduces fine musical details, and doesn't take up a bunch of space. With the KEF KC62's Uni-Core driver technology you get to have your cake — and eat it too. Dual 6-1/2" drivers are positioned back-to-back and share a single magnet system with concentrically arranged voice coils. This force-canceling arrangement gives the KC62 greater excursion than its size would normally allow. This means it can deliver volume output and depth like a much larger subwoofer, without sacrificing control or precision.
The KC62 uses P-Flex, a new type of driver surround designed to resist acoustic air pressure without adding excessive mass, which otherwise hampers the driver's sensitivity. This new pleated design is inspired by origami, the traditional art of Japanese paper folding. The end result of this "origami surround" is bass that's simultaneously deep and detailed.
Intelligent, customizable bass
KEF's Music Integrity Engine uses several DSP (digital signal processing) algorithms, like iBX (intelligent bass extension) and SmartLimiter, to automatically analyze your signal and provide real-time corrections. This helps prevent issues like clipping and improve the accuracy of your bass.
You can further optimize the sound with a suite of manual controls on the back of the sub, like an adjustable low-pass filter and phase switch. There are also five room-placement EQ presets designed to help you match your sub to its environment.
Versatile connection options
With both line- and speaker-level inputs and a line-level output with high-pass filtering, it should easy to integrate the sub into most home audio systems. If you prefer the flexibility of wireless, the sub is compatible with the optional KEF KW1 wireless subwoofer adapter kit (sold separately).
- built-in 1,000-watt Class D amplifier (2 x 500 watts RMS)
- dual 6-1/2" Uni-core force-canceling drivers
- ultra-compact, acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- frequency response: 11-200 Hz (±3 dB)
- maximum output: 105 dB down to 11 Hz
- 5 room-placement EQ presets help you optimize your bass for its environment
- Room, Wall, Corner, Cabinet, and Apartment modes
- Music Integrity Engine uses several DSP algorithms to analyze the audio signal for deep, accurate bass
- a wide range of controls and connections lets you customize your bass to suit your needs
- variable low-pass crossover (40-140 Hz)
- phase control switch (0°/180°)
- line-level/LFE RCA and speaker-level inputs
- line-level output with selectable high-pass filtering
- independent volume control
- connect to your system wirelessly with the optional KEF KW1 wireless subwoofer adapter kit (sold separately)
- detachable power cord
- 10-1/16"W x 9-11/16"H x 9-3/4"D
- weight: 30.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years woofer, 2 years amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KC62W
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the KEF KC62
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||6 1/2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||---|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||---|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||1000|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|