About the KEF LS60 Wireless
A wireless tower to celebrate 60 years of acoustic innovation
A wireless tower to celebrate 60 years of acoustic innovation
The LS60 Wireless has beautiful future-forward design, flexible wireless and wired connections, and an innovative powered 3-way driver array.
KEF rings in its 60-year anniversary with the LS60 Wireless — reference-level towers with flexible streaming and wired input options. That means you can start streaming with just the speakers and your phone, tablet, or computer. But you'll want to hear what these magnificent powered floor-standers can do with other sources, and KEF gives you digital and analog choices.
These speakers are beautiful to behold in any of the three color options. And their ultra-slim profile and wide sound dispersion make room placement way more pleasure than chore.
Innovative driver design
Single Apparent Source technology makes it sound like all frequencies come from a single point.
KEF touts the LS60 Wireless as the world's first Single Apparent Source wireless system. Using technology adapted from their flagship Blade speaker, they place the low-frequency drivers equidistant around the specially designed 12th Generation Uni-Q array. That enhances KEF's acoustic ideal: low, mid, and high frequencies sound like they're emanating from a single point.
The carefully placed woofers use KEF's domeless Uni-Core design to maximize full, articulate bass at smaller diameters. Should you want even more low-end — using the speakers for movie and TV soundtracks would make a great excuse — each speaker has a mono RCA output for connecting a powered subwoofer.
In the listening room with the KEF LS60 Wireless
Out of the box, it's obvious that the KEF LS60 wireless sound system is designed to be seen as well as heard. The speakers like to have some room around them. They're great at rendering fine nuances of really meticulously well-recorded albums. It's the perfect system for listening to Gaucho and Aja era Steely Dan. Subdued, scintillating detail on tracks like “Babylon Sisters” occupy organically discrete locations in a super-3D soundstage.
Bringing subtle musical details to life
Other logical fits for the LS60s are well-recorded ECM jazz releases like the Gary Peacock Trio's Now This. Through the LS60s, spaciousness surrounds Peacock's sensitive touch on the double bass and Marc Copland's warm, spare piano voicings. They also present drummer Joey Baron's ethereal approach to the kit in a super-musical and articulate manner, down to the lightest brushstrokes on the snare.
Clear separation and precise imaging
Instrumentation-wise, there's a lot more going on in King Sunny Ade's Juju Music. Clean, skittering guitars, sinuous, reverb-soaked lap steel, polyrhythmic percussion — including talking drum — and more, all scattered across the steady, understated juju kit beats and almost ghostly vocal melodies. The LS60 Wireless handled the disparate elements of the soundstage beautifully, sending parts all around the room. The mesmerizing lap steel licks on “Eje Nlo Gba Ara Mi” seemed to come from a point just between the speakers.
And they can rock, too
Juju Music, despite the large ensemble, has a lot of space around the elements. I wanted to try something a little denser. I had recently noticed some surprising musical sound effects on Aerosmith's “Back in the Saddle” when I listened to it through my KEF Q150 bookshelf speakers. It was particularly fun to hear those whip-cracks, hoof-clops, and crazy guitar-neighs writ large in the same timbres through the LS60 system. By the end of the song, my pulse was up and I wanted to do it again.
To take it one step further, I tried the system with Emperor's IX Equilibrium. This overwhelming wall of Norwegian black metal is not for the faint of heart, and the recording challenges any hi-fi system. The LS60 Wireless crystallized the method within the madness, singling out berserk whammy-bar guitar figures and capturing the ferocious drums in-focus rather than as the blur lesser systems tend to deliver.
Testing Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and wired connections
This wireless speaker system has an extremely inviting character, full of warmth and detail. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were easy to get connected, and both sounded great — with Wi-Fi, unsurprisingly, delivering a clearer presentation. But playing music through my Bluesound Node connected to the LS60s' RCA aux input gave me the best sound. I really didn't want to bring them back.
I give KEF special credit for their ingenious boxing of this two-piece, 138-pound speaker system. They make it easy to unbox (and re-box) them in place — as long as you have a dolly or a strong friend to help you.
Potent built-in amplification
To power the drivers, KEF uses three separate built-in amplifiers in each speaker. This best-of-both-worlds design sends 100 watts of Class AB power to the tweeter, 100 watts of Class D to the midrange driver, and a robust 500 watts of Class D power to the woofers.
Innovative Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) absorbs high-frequency vibrations to eliminate distortion.
Revolutionary sound absorption
This speaker benefits from KEF's innovative Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT). It's a highly complex, mazelike structure that's tuned to absorb unwanted sound coming from the rear of the tweeter. The resulting sound is clear and pure, with exquisite detail.
Wireless music streaming options
These speakers are equipped with built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 for easy music streaming. The free KEF Connect app offers access to popular music streaming apps, including Spotify® (via Spotify Connect), TIDAL, Amazon Music, Qobuz, and Deezer. And internet radio and podcast listening are on tap as well.
The primary speaker in this pair has plenty of high-resolution digital inputs for connecting external components:
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for network connection (accepts signals up to 24-bit/384kHz)
- HDMI eARC (24-bit/192kHz) for improving sound from a compatible TV
- Toslink optical digital input (24-bit/96kHz)
- coaxial digital input (24-bit/192kHz)
You can connect the speakers together either via Ethernet cable for maximum sound quality or wirelessly for reduced cable clutter. (A wired connection allows higher-resolution 24-bit/192kHz playback.)
A room-filling "sweet spot," thanks to Uni-Q technology
KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places each speaker's tweeter in the acoustic center of the midrange driver's cone. That lets the LS60 Wireless create a detailed, accurate, three-dimensional sound image. In essence, it makes the "sweet spot" — the ideal listening position — much larger. Sit wherever you like! It'll sound fantastic.
Careful cabinet design
The LS60 Wireless's extremely rigid cabinet uses smooth, curved surfaces that help the sound radiate outward without distortion. The cabinet uses a grille-less design to show off the cool-looking driver array and super-stylish color options.
- tri-amped design with separate woofer, midrange, and tweeter amplifiers for greater headroom and lower distortion
- Uni-Q Driver Array technology makes your entire room sound like the "sweet spot"
- 3/4" vented aluminum dome tweeter with Metamaterial Absorption Technology
- amplifier power: 100 watts (Class AB)
- 4" aluminum cone midrange driver
- amplifier power: 100 watts (Class D)
- four 5-1/4" Uni-Core force-cancelling Driver woofers
- amplifier power: 500 watts (Class D)
- connection between left and right speakers:
- wired (allows 24-bit/192kHz audio)
- wireless (allows 24-bit/96kHz audio)
- frequency response: 31-24,000 Hz (±3dB)
- max. SPL: 111 dB
- acoustic suspension (sealed) MDF enclosure with elegant, rounded corners and matching decoupling plinth
- Bluetooth 4.2 high-quality audio streaming performance
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® for audio streaming from your network
- compatible streaming platforms include Apple AirPlay® 2, Google Chromecast, and Roon (with Fall 2022 firmware update)
- uPnP for playing music files from your local network
- KEF Connect app offers comprehensive remote control via your Apple® or Android™ device
- supported streaming services: Spotify via Spotify Connect , TIDAL via TIDAL Connect, Amazon Music, Qobuz, Deezer, and more
Primary speaker connections:
- HDMI eARC input (accepts signals up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- Toslink optical digital input (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- coaxial digital (up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- analog stereo RCA input
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for connecting to secondary speaker
- mono RCA subwoofer output
- supported file formats for all digital inputs: MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, WMA, LPCM, and Ogg Vorbis
- also supports DSD files up to 12.3 MHz and MQA files via network connection
- USB Type A port for service only
- IEC detachable power cord
Secondary speaker connections
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for connecting to primary speaker
- mono RCA subwoofer output
- IEC detachable power cord
- USB Type A port for service only
Dimensions and warranty:
- 8-5/16"W x 42-15/16"H x 15-9/16"D (with plinth); 5-1/8"W x 41"H x 12-5/8"D (without plinth)
- weight: 138 lbs. (both speakers)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KEF LS60WWH
What's in the box:
KEF LS60 Wireless owner's manual
- 2 Wireless powered speakers
- Two 6.5' AC power cords
- 10' Cat-6 interconnect speaker cable
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 8 Spike feet
- Feet tool
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Information
- Warranty Information
KEF LS60 Wireless reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the KEF LS60 Wireless
Features & specs
|USB Port||Service only|
|Digital Input||Optical, Coax, HDMI|
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||0.75|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||4|
|Midrange Type||Metal Cone|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Type||Not given|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||700|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||1400|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||384 kHz|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Network & Bluetooth Integration
Analog & Digital Inputs
24-Bit/384kHz DAC: The KEF LS60 Wireless utilizes a 24-bit/384kHz DAC (digital-to-analog converter) for audiophile quality playback. The LS60 Wireless supports digital music files up to 24-bit/384kHz, as well as MQA Decoding and DSD256. All sources are resampled to either 24-bit/96kHz PCM or 24-bit/192kHz PCM; depending on a wired or wireless connection between the LS60 Wireless's two powered speakers.
- MQA (Master Quality Authenticated): MQA is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that captures and delivers master quality audio in a file that's small enough to stream or download. MQA lets you hear your streamed digital music files exactly like the way the artist intended you to hear it when it was approved in the studio.
- DSD (Direct Stream Digital): DSD is high-resolution digital audio format that uses a single bit to deliver a high resolution signal. Instead of sampling the information several thousand times a second, this single bit samples 2.8 million times a second to generate the audio signal. The result is still a Hi-Res audio signal that clean and pure.
Tri-Amplifier Configuration: The KEF LS60 Wireless has power in abundance with its tri-amplifier configuration. The LS60 Wireless employs an optimized mixture of Class AB and Class D amplification delivering a combined 1400 watts of audiophile-grade power to each speaker, with amplifiers dedicated to high, medium and low frequencies within each speaker. The tweeter of the Uni-Q array is powered by a 100 watt class AB amplifier that deliver crisp, clear highs. The midrange of the Uni-Q array is powered by a 100 watt class D amplifier for natural and detailed midrange frequencies. The Uni-Core bass woofers are powered by a 500 watt class D amplifier for powerful, deep bass response. The two powered speakers may be connected together either wirelessly or hard-wired.
- Wireless Mode: LS60 Wireless is pre-paired at the factory for easy setup in wireless mode. The wireless transmission is totally independent of the local WiFi signal. The minuscule delay (2.9ms) between the primary and secondary speakers in this mode is automatically accounted for, through an equal delay applied to the primary speaker. The wireless connection re-samples all audio to 24-bit/96kHz. Wireless Mode has a range of 26'.
- Wired Mode: The wired interspeaker connection uses CAT-6 cable, plugged into the RJ45 sockets on the rear of the speakers. Cable mode must be enabled in the KEF Connect app settings menu. In this mode, all audio signals are resampled to 24-bit/192kHz. The included CAT-6 cable is 10' in length.
Note: Because the LS60 Wireless is self-powered, each speaker will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet. Two 6.5' detachable AC power cords are included.
Music Integrity Engine: KEF's Music All aspects of the LS60 Wireless's performance is aided by KEF’s proprietary Music Integrity Engine. It is precisely tuned to allow the Single Apparent Source configuration and the Uni-Core drivers to work in perfect harmony, elevating the performance of each. It’s low-frequency phase correction feature delivers pinpoint timing exactly as if you were listening to the original sound.
Single Apparent Source Technology: At the heart of LS60 Wireless sits KEF's Single Apparent Source technology adapted from their flagship Blade loudspeaker. It aims to achieve the acoustic ideal of a point source, where low, mid and high frequencies radiate from one point. It is what makes LS60 Wireless incredibly coherent, with more precise and clear sound across the whole bandwidth. Perfectly calibrated drivers that cover the entire bandwidth of the loudspeaker are configured so that all frequencies appear to radiate from one single point. The result is noticeably more precise imaging and highly accurate sound across a wider area. Single Apparent Source is only possible with KEF's iconic Uni-Q driver array, the building block of KEF's signature sound. To achieve the acoustic ideal of a point source inf the LS60 Wireless, four low-frequency Uni-Core bass drivers in symmetrically opposing pairs are tightly packed around a two-way Uni-Q driver where the mid-frequency and high-frequency share the same acoustic center. In a conventional loudspeaker design, drivers producing different frequencies radiate from separate points causing interference as the drivers interact. Single Apparent Source eliminates this interference, so the sound is incredibly clear, accurate and sounds more real and immersive.
12th Generation Uni-Q Driver Array: The LS60 Wireless powered speaker utilizes KEF's patented 12th Generation Uni-Q driver configuration, in which the tweeter is mounted at the acoustic center of the midrange cone. With both acting as a single point source, the sound is dispersed widely and evenly throughout the listening area allowing you to experience superbly defined and perfectly balanced stereo imagery with a wide "sweet spot". Using simulation and analysis tools and decades of accumulated in-house knowledge, KEF engineers developed a 12th Generation Uni-Q driver array, with a new cone neck decoupler and motor system that is precisely shaped to reduce high-frequency distortion in the mid-frequency driver. The result is reduced coloration, less distortion and a sound that is more transparent and life-like than previously possible.
- 0.75" Aluminum Vented-Dome Tweeter: The geometry of the tweeter dome matches that of the midrange cone to avoid disrupting the waveform. By smoothening high frequency response, this helps to account for the detailed and strikingly natural-sounding treble. The 0.75" aluminum vented-dome tweeter utilizes a Tangerine Waveguide to encourage the sound to radiate spherically for wider, more even dispersion so that everyone in the room enjoys the same superb sound quality. A large internal vent prevents potentially distorting high pressures from building up behind the dome in the critical vocal region, preserving all the nuance and fine detail of the original performance.
- 4" Aluminum Cone Woofer: The 4" woofer uses an Aluminum cone that is light, stiff, and smooth for natural midrange and midbass sound. As well as allowing the midrange cone its full extension, KEF's ingenious Z-flex surround guides the sound from the tweeter across the surround without any disturbance or secondary radiation. Treble response is clearer and sweeter.
Uni-Core Bass Drivers: Through exceptional engineering and creativity, KEF’s engineers have revolutionized the traditional force canceling arrangement with a Uni-Core design that delivers deeper bass from ultra-compact cabinets. The LS60 Wireless features KEF's revolutionary Uni-Core technology with two pairs of 5.25" Uni-Core bass drivers that are mounted back-to-back in a force-cancelling arrangement, so cabinet vibration is practically eliminated. The innovative Uni-Core system overcomes the performance compromises when placing force canceling drivers into a smaller cabinet, by combing both back-to-back drivers into a single motor system. The overlapping, concentrically arranged voice coils allow for far more driver excursion than in other force canceling design, unlocking more output and depth from less space. Together with P-Flex driver surround and Smart Distortion Control Technology, the bass is balanced, detailed, deep and powerful.
Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT): KEF teamed up with the Acoustic Metamaterials Group (AMG) to use Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) in their LS60 Wireless powered speaker. Metamaterials are specially developed structures that use existing materials in such a way that they exhibit new, desirable properties that are simply not found in naturally occurring substances. A truly revolutionary technology, MAT is a highly complex maze-like structure, where each of the intricate channels efficiently absorbs a specific frequency. When combined, the channels act as an acoustic black hole, absorbing 99% of the unwanted sound that comes from the rear of the tweeter, eliminating the resulting distortion and providing a purer, more natural acoustic performance.
Advanced Cabinet Design: From the precision molded curved baffle to the solid, reinforced cabinet, every inch of LS60 Wireless has been designed to perform. Every aspect of LS60 Wireless has been considered for acoustic benefits and from a design perspective. Its acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet features a low-diffraction curved front baffle that subtly mirrors the gently radiused rear panel, while an integrated decoupling plinth isolates the speaker from the floor.
- Acoustic Suspension (Sealed): The KEF LS 60 Wireless employs an acoustic suspension (sealed) MDF enclosure with elegant, rounded corners and matching decoupling plinth for a natural, uncolored sound.
- Rigid Cabinet Bracing: The LS60 Wireless’s extremely rigid cabinet is optimized for the best performance, with smooth curved surfaces that help radiate sound out across the baffle without any interference. Inside the cabinet, cross bracing and Constrained Layer Damping (CLD) combine to deaden internal vibrations. The result of such meticulous attention to detail is that LS60 Wireless produces the lowest coloration of any speaker in its class.
- Robust Curved Baffle: LS60 Wireless's baffle is engineered from an injection-molded Dough Molding Compound (DMC), usually found in the automotive industry. The LS60 Wireless's low-diffraction, curved baffle is precision modeled around the Uni-Q driver array. It’s smooth curved surfaces help radiate sound out across the baffle without any interference from hard edges, which cause diffraction. The result is cleaner, more precise sound.
- Flexible Port Design: Using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), the port flare and profile of LS60 Wireless's rear slot port is calculated to delay the onset of turbulence, and the flexible port walls prevent resonances from coloring the midrange. This leads to improved clarity, with exceptional depth and detail.
Note: No grilles are included with the KEF LS60 Wireless.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs: For even more impact and bass extension, LS60 Wireless features two mono-RCA subwoofer outputs, to connect a powered subwoofer (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The KEF Connect App (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS 8.0+) on your compatible smartphone or tablet device allows you to set the subwoofer outputs' Low Pass Frequency (50 to 120 Hz), Gain (-10 to 10 dB), and Polarity (On or Off). You can also set the speaker's High Pass Frequency (50 to 120 Hz).
Mounting & Placement Options: The KEF LS60 Wireless comes with an integrated plinth (base) that isolates the speaker from the floor to prevent any unwanted vibration that could lead to distortion. Rubber feet are pre-installed on the bottom of the plinth for hardwood, tile, vinyl, and laminate flooring. The rubber feet can be removed and replaced by the included spike feet for carpeted flooring. No protective discs are included to protect your hard surface floors from being scratched by the spike feet (protective discs are sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The two speakers are distinguished between the Primary Speaker and the Secondary Speaker. By default, the Primary Speaker is the right channel and should be placed on your right hand side as you face the speakers, while the Secondary Speaker is the left channel and should be placed on your left hand side as you face the speakers.
- The speakers should be placed on a flat and level floor surface that is free from vibration.
- The side and back panels of the speakers should have at least 3" clearance from other objects
- For the best stereo experience, soundstage and stable connection, place the speakers at least 3.3' apart and within 26' apart from one another.
- The optimum distance between the speakers and the listener will depend on how far the Primary Speaker and the Secondary Speaker are separated.
- Try to keep the same distance of the speakers to the listener so it forms an equilateral triangle.
Note: For cooling of the internal parts, air is drawn into the speakers from the bottom and expelled through the openings above the rear connections. Do not block these openings for the best cooling effects.
Network & Bluetooth Integration
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The KEF LS60 Wireless can be connected to your home network via a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection. There is a RJ-45 Ethernet port (10/100Mbps) on the back of the speaker which allows for a hardwired connection. Built-in 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) allows the LS60 Wireless system to connect wirelessly to your home network. This network connection allows support for the KEF Connect App, Apple AirPlay 2, and Chromecast Built-In; plus Roon-Ready with future firmware update. You can select between 3 audio streaming settings based on your home network.
- Hi-Fi (Hi-Fi quality): Always select this setting for the best audio quality. The highest quality depends on the music streaming service and your subscription.
- High (CD Quality): Select this setting when the speakers are in a crowded network and experiencing quality drop-outs.
- Normal (MP3 Quality): Select this setting when the speakers are in a crowded network and experiencing audio drop-outs.
- For better streaming stability, especially on hi-resolution music files, a 5GHz WiFi network with a router transmission speed of at least 1300 Mbps is recommended.
- The KEF LS60 Wireless must always be first connected to your local network before you are able to use any of the speaker's wired or wireless source inputs.
Online Music Services & Internet Radio: The KEF LS60 Wireless provides access to Amazon, Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify, Tidal, and vTuner through the KEF Connect App (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS 8.0+) on your compatible smartphone or tablet device.
- Amazon Music: Amazon Music has a growing selection of over 2 million songs is always ad-free and on-demand, with curated playlists, personalized stations and unlimited skips. Upgrade to Prime Music Unlimited, and enjoy 10 million songs, weekly new releases, and more.
- Deezer: With 43 million tracks, 100 million playlists, and a presence in 182 countries, Deezer literally covers the globe for its subscribers. Subscriptions start at $9.99/month, and include ad-free playback, premium audio quality, and more.
- Spotify Connect: The KEF LS60 Wireless offers Spotify Connect support, so you can stream millions of songs from your portable device with ease. You will need to subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, so you can stream Spotify to the LS60 Wireless system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- TIDAL Connect: The integration of Tidal Connect will enable Tidal users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the LS60 Wireless from within the Tidal app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Qobuz: Qobuz offers the biggest catalog of Hi-Fi and Hi-Res albums in the world, both for new releases and specialized genres. For hundreds of thousands of albums, Qobuz includes all the information you need to recreate the appeal of a real CD - the names of musicians, producers, lyrics (everything you need to know to appreciate your favorite albums). Qobuz offers MP3, CD, and Hi-Res quality subscriptions.
- Internet Radio (vTuner): You have the ability to access thousands of internet radio stations through vTuner and save your favorite presets for easy access. Supported Internet Radio formatted content includes MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis and MMS.
Chromecast built-in: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to enable Chromecast built-in. Chromecast built-in gives you access to hundreds of online music streaming services, internet radio, and podcasts. Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the KEF LS60 Wireless speaker system. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. While you cast your music, you can still use your smartphone to answer a call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing on the KEF speaker system.
- Music, Radio, & Podcasts: Chromecast built-in lets you play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, YouTube Music, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to the LS60 Wireless speaker. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: Add more Chromecast built-in speakers throughout your home (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the Google Assistant and your voice on a compatible Google Home device.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase a Google Home wireless speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The LS60 Wireless and your Google Home speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Note: Chromecast built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service. Click here for a complete list of Chromecast built-in compatible apps.
AirPlay 2: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) through the KEF LS60 Wireless speaker system and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the KEF LS60 Wireless. In addition, you can watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the LS60 Wireless speaker system.
UPnP (Universal Plug-n-Play): The KEF LS60 Wireless is UPnP compatible, which enables you to play your digital music library stored on UPnP servers (such as a network server with integrated UPnP software,Windows PC, or Mac OS X computer) through the LS60 Wireless speaker system. You can stream a variety of compressed, lossless, and high-res music files. UPnP file browsing can be carried out using the KEF Connect App (for Apple iOS and Android). The LS60 Wireless supports streaming digital music files up to 24-bit/384kHz, as well as MQA Decoding and DSD256. Supported music file formats include - MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, WMA, DSD, MQA, LPCM and Ogg Vorbis.
Note: Windows Media Player version 11 or above incorporates built in UPnP support. A variety of third party UPnP applications are available that are compatible with both Windows and OS X operating systems.
Roon Ready: Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play across the KEF LS60 Wireless speaker system and other Roon enabled audio devices. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, and DSD) collected on hard drives and networked storage. It can also access your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal music streaming service. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with the KEF LS60 Wireless and all other Roon enabled devices. Simply select the music you wish to play and the LS60 Wireless or Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the KEF LS60 Wireless speaker system. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or player (sold separately) located on the network within your home.
Bluetooth 4.2: With built-in Bluetooth 4.2 and support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP), you are able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer to the KEF LS60 Wireless speaker system. With SSP (Simple Secure Pairing), Bluetooth source devices can be paired with a single press of a button and without entering a PIN code. Multiple devices can be paired with the LS60 Wireless speaker system, but only one device can be connected and playing at a time. You'll still need to control music playback and view song/artist/album info from your Bluetooth source device.
- The LS60 Wireless must be first connected to your local network before it can be used as a Bluetooth speaker.
- The KEF LS60 Wireless speaker system does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
Analog & Digital Inputs
HDMI eARC: The KEF LS60 Wireless is outfitted with a HDMI eARC jack for connection to your TV's HDMI eARC or ARC input, so you can playback your TV's audio signal through the LS60 Wireless speaker system. The HDMI eARC jack supports 2ch PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- The LS60 Wireless's HDMI eARC jack must be connected to a TV's HDMI ARC or eARC input; it will not work with a standard HDMI input.
- The HDMI eARC jack does not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multi-channel formats.
- The HDMI input does not support video.
- The LS60 Wireless must always be first connected to your local network before using the HDMI connection.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The KEF LS60 Wireless is equipped with two digital audio inputs. There is one optical (toslink) digital input and one coaxial (RCA) digital input. The optical digital input supports 2ch PCM audio up to 24-bit/96kHz, while the coaxial digital input supports 2ch PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- The optical and coaxial digital inputs do not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multi-channel formats.
- The LS60 Wireless must always be first connected to your local network before using the optical or coaxial digital inputs.
Analog Input: The LS60 Wireless also features an analog stereo RCA audio input. This is a line-level input (not a Phono input). If you want to connect a turntable, you'll need an external phono preamplifier (sold separately) or a turntable with a built-in phono preamp.
Note: The LS60 Wireless must always be first connected to your local network before using the analog Aux input.
USB-A Input: There is a USB (Type-A) input that is used only for service purposes only. It does not offer media playback or charging.
KEF Connect App: The KEF Connect app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS 8.0+) provides setup and control of the LS60 Wireless system from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. The KEF Connect app also gives you access to a variety of online music service and internet radio stations.
- Wireless Setup: The KEF Connect app allows simple and quick connection of the LS60 Wireless to your home's wireless network router.
- Online Music Services: The KEF Connect app provides access to Amazon HD, Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify, Tidal, and vTuner.
- Playback Control: From the app, you can control playback volume, and input source selection.
- Audio Optimization: The app lets you optimize your listening experience through its EQ settings; allowing you to adjust the output of the speaker to better suit the room and your personal taste.
- Timers & Alarms: The app also lets you customize settings such as sleep timer, auto-wake up source, and child lock
Note: The KEF LS60 Wireless does not work with older KEF apps - such as the KEF Control and KEF Stream apps.
IR Remote: The included IR remote provides basic wireless operation of the KEF LS 50 Wireless II speaker system. The IR remote provides the following control functions - Power On/Off, Source Selection, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track.
EQ Settings: For the best audio performance, apply sound settings from the KEF Connect app according to your listening area. EQ settings include - Wall Distance (3.9375"-19.6875"), Room Setting (Damped/Moderate/Lively), Treble Trim (-4 to 4 dB), Phase Correction (On or Off), Bass Extension (L/M/H), High Pass Frequency(50 to 120Hz), Sub Out Low Pass Frequency (40 to 240Hz), Sub Gain (-10 to 10 dB), and Sub Polarity (On or Off)
Auto Firmware Updates: Automatic firmware updates are done over your home's local network using the KEF Connect app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS 8.0+).
5 questions already asked
Natural high quality sound, easy setup, plenty of powerful but exceptional also at low levels.
Robert from Kelseyville, CA