About the KEF M500
On-the-go 'phones with a "stay awhile" sound
On-the-go 'phones with a "stay awhile" sound
The KEF M500 on-ear headphones fit firmly, yet comfortably.
Leave it to KEF to make a pair of lightweight, portable headphones that sound as deeply intimate as larger ones made for home listening. The British loudspeaker specialists have been on the cutting edge of sound and style for decades. But even knowing their backstory, the streamlined, sturdy KEF M500 on-ear headphones exceeded my expectations.
Snug, cushioned fit and distinct look
The sleek M500s were styled by F.A. Porsche of Austria, who also designed the Porsche 911. Aluminum is shaped into a smooth frame, then padded and covered with leather. These headphones sat a little further back on my head than most headphones, which actually helped them stay in place.
They formed a tight seal, so very little sound crept in and out. Well-cushioned earpads helped relax the pressure — adjusting them a bit did wonders. The earcups are on a swivel, and with a little maneuvering, they contour to your ear. It's impressive how easily they rotate into place.
Large, detailed sound that belied their size
The powerful 40mm drivers use a specially-designed aluminum and copper voice coil for detailed, dynamic sound, that seems to work with all types of music. I got a heavy, three-dimensional vibe that I didn't expect from headphones this compact, with sound that was full and layered.
“Ball and Biscuit” by the White Stripes felt at the same time immediate and spacious. The grimy guitar riff was right in my face, while the percussion, vocals, and lead guitar spread out around me. I've heard this song a lot over the years, and this was the first time I experienced it like this— a good sign for any audio product.
- closed-back on-ear design blocks out external noise
- 40mm dynamic drivers deliver detailed, full-bodied sound
- copper-covered aluminum wire voice coil for high-frequency clarity
- sturdy aluminum frame keeps headphones from moving around
- padded, leather-covered headband
- portable folding design
- fluid, ball-jointed earpieces move to fit the shape of your ear
- large, leather-covered earpads filled with memory foam
- two detachable miniplug cables
- 53-inch flat, tangle-free cable with in-line remote and microphone
- 53-inch flat listening cable
- 1/4" adapter included
- protective storage case and airplane adapter plug included
- designed by Studio F.A. Porsche
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 103 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 7.3 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M500Black
What's in the box:
- On-ear headphones (Black)
- 53" Flat audio cable with in-line remote/mic (right-angled 3.5mm plugs on each end)
- 53" Flat audio cable (right-angled 3.5mm plugs on each end)
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" Adapter
- Airline adapter
- Semi-hard zippered storage case
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety and Warranty Information
More details on the KEF M500
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.356" x 3.198"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Cord Length||53" + 53"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The KEF M500 Hi-Fi Headphones feature state-of-the-art technology and innovative design to deliver high fidelity sound for those on the go. These on-ear headphones have a sturdy, precision-engineered aluminum alloy frame to precisely place the ear cups in exactly the right position. The multi-directional Smart Hinge lets you swivel the ear cups to fit heads of any size or shape, and fold in for storage in the supplied semi-hard case. The M500s come with two 53" flat tangle-free cables (one with in-line remote/mic), a 1/4" adapter, airline adapter, and a .
Drivers: The M500s feature full-range 40mm dynamic neodymium drivers with voice coils wound with copper-clad aluminum wire (CCAW) that improves the high frequency response, and is half the weight of conventional copper wire. The apertures in the tuning plate are precisely mounted over the drive unit in the acoustic chamber to give you more clarity, better dynamics, and deeper bass.
Ear Cups: The ear cups are equipped with high density memory foam pads, which are covered with soft, sweat-resistant protein leather. The "race-track" design of the ear pads follow the shape of your ear and form an acoustic seal which shuts out external noise by -20dB , and prevents sound leakage. The aluminum frame and soft ear pads ensure your comfort for hours of listening.
In-line Remote/Microphone: The M500s comes with two 53" tangle-resistant flat audio cables. One of the cables features a 3-button remote and microphone for control of your phone calls and music playback. The remote is "Made for iPod iPhone iPad"-certified, and controls playback, Siri, and volume for Apple iDevices. It only controls play/pause and skip forward functions when used with Android devices. Both cable have right-angled 3.5mm plugs on both ends to let you put the remote/mic at either end.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 103 dB (+/-4dB at 1 kHz)
- Impedance: 32 Ohms (+/-15%)
- Maximum Input Power: 30 mW
- Noise Attenuation: -20dB
- Weight: 7.9 ounces
1 question already asked