About the KEF Q350
Powerful performance from KEF
Powerful performance from KEF
Building a new audio system for your home? I recommend checking out KEF's Q350s. These attractive, full-size bookshelf speakers create a wide soundstage with pinpoint imaging. Use them as part of a stereo music system, or as left- and right-channel speakers in a KEF Q Series home theater system.
An expanded view of the Uni-Q driver assembly shows the detailed design and build quality that goes into making each Q350.
A room-filling "sweet spot," thanks to Uni-Q® technology
KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places each speaker's 1" tweeter in the acoustic center of the 6-1/2" woofer. This concentric design allows sounds to originate from a single point source, making the "sweet spot" (the ideal listening position) much larger.
Here at Crutchfield, we've had the pleasure of hearing Uni-Q technology in person many times, with KEF's super-popular, award-winning LS50 speakers. Sit wherever you like — you'll enjoy detailed, accurate three-dimensional sound throughout your room.
Get the most out of your stand-mount speakers
I'm a proponent of using high-quality speaker stands with "bookshelf" speakers. They help improve the sound by giving your speakers a stable, vibration-free platform. When shopping for stands, remember that the ideal height will place the tweeters roughly level with your ears, for maximum clarity.
Speaker stands also give you more placement flexibility, since you won't be limited to a space on your shelf or table. The Sanus SF26 steel stands are an excellent choice to use with these speakers, but feel free to contact one of our Advisors for a specific recommendation for your setup.
Optional magnetic grilles (sold individually) available separately.
- pair of speakers for music or home theater
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter with waveguide
- 6-1/2" aluminum woofer
- Uni-Q® driver array technology creates a larger listening "sweet spot"
- tweeter and woofer are concentrically mounted to create a single "point source" of sound
- frequency response: 63-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 15-120 watts
- bass-reflex cabinet with CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) rear-firing port for accurate, musical bass
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- optional magnetic grilles (sold individually) available separately
- 8-5/16"W x 14-1/4"H x 12-1/16"D (with rubber feet)
- weight: 16.8 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Q350WN
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Foam port plugs
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
KEF Q350 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the KEF Q350
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Frequency Response||63-28k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||18-24|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Uni-Q Driver Array: At the heart of the Q Series loudspeaker is the Uni-Q driver array. This signature innovation by KEF places the tweeter in the acoustic center of the mid-bass cone, with both drivers acting as a single point source. The result is a more detailed, accurate three-dimensional sound image, which is dispersed more evenly throughout the room than is possible with any conventional speaker. The Uni-Q driver array is made up of a 1" aluminum dome tweeter and a 6.5" aluminum mid-bass woofer.
- 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter: At the center of the Uni-Q driver array is a 1" aluminum dome tweeter that utilizes KEF's "tangerine" waveguide over the tweeter dome for ultra-wide dispersion. Further enhancements to the 1" aluminum dome tweeter is a damped loading tube and a cone-neck de-coupler. The damped tweeter loading tube reduces any harshness in the lower treble frequencies by gently terminating the sound produced from the rear. The cone-neck de-coupler reduces output in the cone breakup region to improve high frequency performance.
- 6.5" Aluminum Mid-Bass Woofer: The 6.5" mid-bass woofer features an aluminum cone structure that has been engineered to reduce cone breakup and improve midrange performance. The woofer's optimized suspension allows more movement, better controlled excursion, and lower distortion for accurate bass performance. As well as allowing the woofer's cone its full extension, KEF's ingenious Z-flex surround guides the sound from the tweeter across the surround without any disturbance or secondary radiation.
Centered Drivers: To optimize the high resolution purity of the Q Series bookshelf speaker, the Uni-Q driver array is positioned to the center of the cabinet to reduce unwanted internal resonance and adding refinement to sonic clarity and detail. Expect to hear clear highs, smooth midrange and clean bass with minimum distortion at any volume level.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Port Design: Featuring a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) port design with the port positioned to the rear of the speaker, clarity is improved by reducing the audibility of the midrange leakage through the port. The port is also flared to minimize turbulence at high levels and reduce port noise with less low frequency compression.
Note: Foam port plugs are included to insert into the rear-firing ports, if the bass is to "boomy" due to room placement.
Sleek Cabinet Design: The sculpted Q Series finish epitomizes KEF's approach with seamless, sleek cabinets unblemished by visible fittings and joints. Q Series speakers are coated with a fine satin finish with matching driver colors. If you wish to conceal the drivers, optional magnetically attached speaker grilles (see Accessories Tab) are available and sold separately.
Gold-Plated Binding Post Terminals: On the rear of the speaker cabinet is a pair of heavy-duty, gold-plated binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). Plastic inserts must be removed from the binding posts to use banana plugs.
Mounting & Placement Options: The bookshelf speaker can simply be placed on a stand, table-top, shelf, or other flat-surface. The included self-adhesive rubber feet protect your furniture and add approximately 0.1875" to the overall height of the speaker. A pair of speakers should be positioned 6' to 10' apart and placed between 18" to 24" off the floor. They should be positioned at least 9" from the back wall due to their rear-firing port and 39" from side walls. The speakers can be "toed-in" or angled inward toward the main listening area to improve stereo imaging and soundstage.
Note: There are no included brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts to accommodate wall mounting.
Q Series: Q Series speakers by KEF deliver natural, accurate, high-resolution sound. First introduced in 1991, the multiple award-winning Q Series has long delighted music lovers and audiophiles with outstanding sound quality and innovative design. The Q Series, now in its 8th iteration, brings high resolution sound with more depth and more clarity. The Q Series consists of three floorstanding speakers (Q550/Q750/Q950), two bookshelf speakers (Q150/Q350), center channel speaker (Q650C), and Dolby Atmos speaker (Q50A) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: A KEF Kube series powered subwoofer (sold separately) is the perfect addition to the Q Series loudspeakers.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked