About the KEF T301C
Stealthy center channel sound from KEF
Building a KEF T Series home theater system? The T301C is the matching center channel for the ultra-thin KEF T301 wall-mount speakers. This crafty center channel offers crystal-clear dialogue and vivid center-stage effects that can fill even large rooms with awesome sound, all while being less than 2" deep. Wall-mount it with the included bracket, or place it on top of a piece of furniture using the included desk stand.
- ultra-thin wall-mountable center channel speaker
- designed for use with KEF T301 home theater speakers
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter with waveguide
- dual 4-1/2" midrange drivers
- frequency response: 80-30,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 10-150 watts
- acoustic suspension (sealed) design
- concealed input terminals for low-profile installation
- includes wall-mount hardware and desktop stand
- 23-5/8"W x 5-1/2"H x 1-7/16"D
- weight: 3.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # T301CBK
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- Pedestal stand
- Intallation Manual
- Wall-Mount Template
- Warranty Registration Card
KEF T301C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the KEF T301C
Features & specs
|Number of Speakers||---|
|Bipole or Dipole||No|
|Midrange size (inches)||4-1/2|
|Woofer size (inches)||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Aluminum Tweeter: The generous size of the sophisticated new 1" aluminum dome tweeter specially developed for the T Series allows exceptionally accurate reproduction, especially of the human voice. The clarity is outstanding even a loud volume levels.
- Tangerine Waveguide: Another distinctive feature of the tweeter is the Tangerine Waveguide which covers the dome and increases the sensitivity and dispersion at the very top end. KEF's unique Tangerine waveguide helps to disperse the sound image evenly throughout the room for an immersive, three-dimensional sound.
- Venting System: Despite the very shallow depth of the loudspeaker, KEF was able to incorporate a venting system into the rear of the tweeter magnet system similar to that found in the KEF Reference Series. This helps in the lower end frequencies, so the tweeter covers a wider bandwidth with a less distortion.
Dual 4.5" Ultra-Slim Midrange Drivers: Instead of a cone, the radical new twin-layer midrange driver has a flat diaphragm whose rigidity throughout the frequency range is maintained by very fine stiffening ribs, with the driver as a whole acting as a stressed member to help eliminate any unwanted resonance from the slim cabinet. In addition to minimizing the height of the magnets, KEF placed the entire suspension outside the magnet system so that it adds nothing to its height. The resulting response is as clean, accurate and distortion-free as a quality conventional speaker, with none of the bulk.
- Twin-Layered Radiating Diaphragm: The T-Series uses a Twin Layered MF Driver (patent pending). This is comprised of a molded radiating diaphragm with integral stiffening ribs running radially and circumferentially. A thin layer of high modulus material on the rear of the ribs provides additional stiffness. This structure ensures the diaphragm moves pistonically within its working frequency band, whilst occupying a depth of only 5mm. This technology has been developed and optimized using finite element analysis.
- Z-Flex Surround: The T-Series Midrange Driver features a Z-Flex Surround. This new design minimizes mass-loading on the edge of the diaphragm helping maintain pistonic motion up to a high frequency. Its carefully designed undulations and supporting block prevent resonances whilst allowing simple motion such as the diaphragm moving forwards and backwards. The relatively flat and smooth form surface of the Z-Flex Surround minimizes coloration to sound from the Tweeter. Finite element analysis was used heavily in the development of this new surround.
- Concentric Suspension: The T-Series midrange driver suspension has been designed for low build height. Its inner edge has a larger diameter than the former, so it sits concentrically around the voice coil. The main "rolls" of the suspension are aligned with its outer mounting position on the driver chassis. The inner edge protrudes up to attach to molded tabs on the rear of the diaphragm ribs. This protrusion is sometimes known as a "cup", in a such a suspension the "cup" allows for the difference in height of the mounting positions and prevents the suspension hitting the rear of the diaphragm. The cup is reinforced with a metal loop (patent pending). This prevents excessive bending as the diaphragm moves backwards which keeps the suspension stiffness symmetrical and high enough to limit motion. This minimizes distortion and increases the power handling of the midrange drive unit
Full Braced Cabinet: Special care has been taken to ensure the T Series cabinet is acoustically inert. This is critical for maintaining uncolored and clean midrange. The drivers and cabinet have been designed together in such a way that the drive units brace the cabinets to stop any unwanted cabinet resonances that could color the sound.
Screw-Down Terminals: Two screw-down terminals have been fully integrated into the cabinet to avoid adding to the depth of the speaker. These screw-down terminals will accept bare wire only (up to 14AWG).
Mounting Options: Because the T Series loudspeaker is designed to match the new generation of super slim TVs and will generally be mounted "on-wall" using the supplied bracket and positioned close to the wall, it has been specifically balanced for "on-wall" applications. However, for those occasions when it is used with the desk stand and there is a significant distance from the nearest wall, the speaker automatically adjusts the balance for an "off-wall" application. This is accomplished by a clever connection arrangement in the stand which introduces an extra filter section ahead of the speaker's crossover network to switch the speaker into its "free-space" balance output.
- On-Wall Bracket: The included wall bracket allows you to mount
the speaker horizontally on a wall with a mounting depth of only 0.1875"
(mounting screws not included). You can also mount the speaker using its two
keyhole slots without the mounting bracket (mounting screws not included). A
wall-mount template is provided to aid with installation. There is no angle, tilt, or swivel adjustment. The speaker is not designed
to work with articulating wall-brackets (sold separately).
- Dimensions: 23.562" (w) x 5.625" (h) x 1.625" (d)
- Desk Stand: The desk stand allows you to have the center speaker positioned
horizontally, straight up-and-down, or
tilted back by 5-degrees. This allows the speaker's sound to be directed
towards the listener, increasing the intelligibility of the critical center channel
- Dimensions: 23.5625" (w) x 5.625" (h) x 2.6875" (d)
T-Series: With KEF's T Series, you get exceptionally slim profile speakers that generate all the intricacy, spaciousness and dynamic range of a high end conventional design. The T Series by KEF consists of two satellite loudspeakers (T101/T301) and two center channel loudspeakers (T101c/T301c) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: A KEF Kube series powered subwoofer (sold separately) is the perfect addition to the T Series loudspeakers.
1 question already asked