Thomas C's 2005 Ford ranger
Kramer launched his career with Crutchfield in 2007. He spent eight years as a product advisor, delighting in helping customers choose the best solutions for their systems. His passion for A/V gear and new technology led to a specialization in speakers and smart home equipment, which he covers for the Crutchfield website and Discovery Book catalog.
More from Kramer Crane
- CD Receiver Pioneer DEH-P5800MP
- Component Speakers Kicker KS 6x8 both front and back
- Amplifier Kicker KX 1200.1 mono amp
- Subwoofers 2 Kicker CVT 10" 2 ohm
- Capacitor Diesel audio 1.5 farad
- Custom fiberglass box by me
- Scosche and JL Audio wiring
- Midland CB radio mounted in glove box
- 9.5ft whip cb antenna
My installation process wasn't very complicated for me. The toughest part was the fiberglass box. I put about 10 hours of work into it. Also, I recommend the Kicker CVT for a small area like I have in my single cab Ranger...
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
For sound quality and loudness
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
My fiberglass box
Why did you choose these products?
Kicker puts out a great product
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Fiberglass pods with 3/4 Kicker dome tweeters