Thomas C's 2005 Ford ranger
Joshua honed his knowledge of home audio/video gear during an 8-year stint as a Crutchfield Advisor. He can talk tech with the best of them, but he lives for the emotional experience of music. He brings that outlook to his writing, and to his side gigs as a folk guitar player. He stays active by chopping firewood and exploring our national parks.
More from Joshua Crane
- CD Receiver Pioneer DEH-P5800MP
- Component Speakers Kicker KS 6x8 both front and back
- Amplifier Kicker KX 1200.1 mono amp
- Subwoofers 2 Kicker CVT 10" 2 ohm
- Capacitor Diesel audio 1.5 farad
- Custom fiberglass box by me
- Scosche and JL Audio wiring
- Midland CB radio mounted in glove box
- 9.5ft whip cb antenna
My installation process wasn't very complicated for me. The toughest part was the fiberglass box. I put about 10 hours of work into it. Also, I recommend the Kicker CVT for a small area like I have in my single cab Ranger...
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
For sound quality and loudness
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
My fiberglass box
Why did you choose these products?
Kicker puts out a great product
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Fiberglass pods with 3/4 Kicker dome tweeters