Corey P's 2000 Mazda 626
I started my Crutchfield career as a product advisor. I fielded thousands of customer questions about A/V equipment, designing systems for homes, cars, and the occasional party bus. Do that for eight years, and you begin to understand what people really want from their gear. You also get a lot of hands-on experience with the latest products. That's one of the coolest things about working here. As a writer, I enjoy translating technical jargon into easy-to-understand language. My goal is to make shopping for speakers and amplifiers simple. After all, this stuff is supposed to be fun! Outside of work, I enjoy playing and teaching music. I'm always on the lookout for interesting left-handed guitars.
More from Kramer Crane
- Sony Xplod CD player/Reciever
- Kicker K9 in-dash 9 band equalizer/sound processor
- Kicker Zx200.4 (all around)
- 2 5x7 Alpine Type-R's (front doors)
- 2 Sony X-plod 6x9's (rear panel)
- Kicker ZX750.1 Mono subwoofer amplifier 750 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 2 Kicker Comp VR's in sealed box (wired in parallel to 2 Ohms)
- Kinetik Hc600 power cell
- 5.0 farad capacitor
- 1 pass 1/0 gauge Knu Konceptz power & ground wire
- Stinger in-line fuse holder/fuse (150 Amps)
- Scosche distribution block (2x30 Amp)
- Dynamat entire trunk, drivers door & (soon to be) passenger's door
- Foam speaker enclosures (front and rear)
- 10 gauge Monster Xln speaker wire & terminals
- 4 Channel Monster Xln 600 RCA cables
Everything has been installed personally through trial & error. It's an ongoing, 6+ year process that has taught me a lot!!! I am currently in the process of saving $ to enroll at Mobile Dynamics or R.I.T.O.P. School for Mobile Electronics Installation. What can I say, it became a passion/obsession.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
I've always wanted a system, even before I owned a car.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
I ask them if it's loud enough, while they're trying to breathe. >:-)
Why did you choose these products?
Kicker's one of the best out there. They were also one of the original brands to upgrade car audio.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Dynamating my trunk or wiring speakers through door molex.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Fiberglass box (currently constructing).
|My dash w/ custom bracket (made myself).|
|My work in progress.|
|Imagine it fiberglassed!|
|My Trunk (basic view).|