Frederick K's 1987 Toyota 4Runner
I've been with Crutchfield since 1999, where I began as one our advisors, helping our customers choose new gear. After a couple of years, I moved to the writing team where I spent a decade researching new products and getting hands on with car stereos, amplifiers, speakers, and subs. Yeah, I've been doing this for a while.
For the past few years, I've been the managing editor of Crutchfield's Car A/V web article content. I couldn't ask for a better job — we get to play with car audio gear every day! I'm a Virginia native from the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Outside of work, I love listening to music, playing board games, and installing new audio systems for my friends.
More from Robert Ferency-Viars
- Clarion DXZ585USB CD Receiver
- Rockford Fosgate RFK4X Amplifier Wiring Kit w/ 4 Gauge Power
- StreetWires UCT14 14 gauge Blue/Copper Speaker Wire
- Kicker fuse holder with a Rockford Fosgate 150A fuse
- Rockford Fosgate T10001bd, 1000 Watt Class-bd Mono Amplifier
- 2 Sony 12" Xplods, (in a custom made box) dual voice coils
First put in deck, then subs, then wiring, then amp
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
I didn't have a system to begin with.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
Why did you choose these products?
top brands and good reviews
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
I'm going to get rid of the subs i have now and get 2 audioque SDC2.515.
|subs and amp|
|settings for the amp|