Rickey M's 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse
My love for all things audio started back in the '90s when I built my first subwoofer enclosure. After joining Crutchfield in 2007, I spent seven years as a product advisor, designing A/V systems for homes, cars, and the occasional party bus. These days I specialize in home speakers and distributed audio systems, focusing on translating technical jargon into easy-to-understand language. My goal is to make shopping for speakers and amplifiers simple. After all, this stuff is supposed to be fun! Outside of work, I'm a hobbyist photographer and enjoy visiting our national parks.
More from Kramer Crane
- Kenwood KVT-717DVD 7" in-dash flip out DVD player
- Kenwood Excelon XXV-02A 960 watt 4 ch amp
- Kenwood Excelon XXV-03A 1600 watt mono amp
- MA Audio 2.0 Farad Capacitor
- Rockford Fosgate 0 gauge 2 amp wiring kit
- Kenwood 4-way 6" x 9" 250 watt ovals
- Pioneer 4 way 6 1/2" 260 watt rounds
- 3 12" Sony Xplode 4 ohm 1200 watt subwoofers (350 RMS)
- Rockford Fosgate 300 AMP 0 gauge to dual 4 gauge distribution block
- Audiobahn sealed tri-sub enclosure
- Monster Cable RCA AUX inputs
- KYB Shocks with Vogtland lowering springs
- Liteglow LED underbody lights
- Magnaflow exhaust
First and most important was running all the wires. After that was done, mount the brain for the DVD player, install the DVD player, wire the new speakers in the doors and rear panels, mount the amplifiers on the rear of the back seat, wire the suboofers up at a 1.33 ohm load, connect the 2.0 farad capacitor, get a good ground, reconnect the battery, turn it up and make anybody in a half mile radius deaf!My cardomain page has more details on all the work I've done. Everything was done at my house by yours truly.http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2041829
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
Factory speakers just don't cut it
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
The flip out DVD player
Why did you choose these products?
Best bang for the buck
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Running the 0 gauge power wire
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
New box to put a 4th subwoofer in the back and $500 worth of Dynamat