Dyson Pure Cool™ TP04
Air-purifying tower fan
From Dyson: Pure Cool Link Tower Air Purifier & Fan
Our take on the Dyson Pure Cool™ TP04 by Crutchfield's Emily S.
Clean your room with the touch of a button
I have a Dyson vacuum that will clean my house — the problem is that it relies on me to actually use it. And, even then, it doesn't actually clean the air. Enter Dyson's Pure Cool tower fan, whose tagline is “the only purifying fan to clean a whole room properly.” And the best part is that it does it at the touch of a button.
When Pure Cool's auto mode is selected, its onboard sensors will adjust the settings according to air quality. When target air quality has been reached, the machine will pause — but the sensors are still monitoring your air. If air quality goes down, the machine comes back on. You can customize these settings to suit your needs using the Dyson Link app.
More app features
If you're right in front of your Pure Cool, you can easily scroll through the information menu on its very crisp LED display to check your air quality, but what if you're downstairs or stuck at work or on vacation? Well, the Dyson Link mobile app has you covered. You can get detailed indoor and outdoor air quality information — including which specific pollutants have been detected and when. You can also create a purification schedule or control air flow speed, mode, timer, and oscillation from wherever you happen to be.
Radar here is one of the adorable reasons my air needs purifying.
A real-world trial
I love when I get to test drive our products, especially when it's something I'm seriously considering buying. With two cats, two dogs (well three if you count our foster dog), and an asthmatic husband, I often worry about the air quality in our house. And I know the dust build-up on my current fan is only making it worse.
Assembly is as simple as attaching the two sets of filters — first the carbon and then the HEPA. It was really easy, and made me feel like this fan might actually purify my air. There's only a single button on the front, so turning it on is a breeze.
Speaking of simple, you don't need a key to decipher the remote either. It's got on/off, more/less airflow, and oscillation. Being able to choose the oscillation angle is, quite literally, very cool. When I chose 45°, it covered exactly the width of my bed with no wasted airflow — a precious commodity in a warm room.
There's also night mode, which dims the display and restricts airflow to the lowest settings. I love a fan for white noise so I kept it on 7 for a nice breeze and some pleasant, neutral background noise. Press the backward airflow button if you want to purify your room without cooling.
Press the remote's “i” button and you get the very robust information menu. You can scroll through various kinds of scary pollutants and be happy that the Pure Cool is eliminating them from your air. If your fan is oscillating while you do this, it will pause so that you can see the screen — a nice touch. You can also check remaining filter life and — my favorite — view the temperature and humidity in the room.
I turned it on before I went to bed and my air quality was in the yellow zone (as expected, there's a lot of pollen and pet dander flying around my house). When I checked in the morning it was a steady green line.
- high-performance air purifier and adjustable-strength tower fan
- Air Multiplier™ technology delivers over 77 gallons per second of smooth, yet powerful airflow
- backward airflow mode purifies without cooling
- 360° glass HEPA filter captures ultra-fine particles from the air
- removes 99.97% of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns from the air
- a layer of activated carbon granules captures odors and air pollutants
- check your air quality in real time on the fan's built-in LED display
- one-touch oscillation lets you direct air all around your room
- adjustable oscillation angle from 45º - 350º
- night-time mode monitors and purifies air at the quietest settings and dims the LED display
- auto mode uses onboard sensors to intelligently adjust the speed of the airflow according to the air quality in the room
- compatible with Amazon Echo for voice control
- Dyson Link mobile app features:
- indoor and outdoor air quality information viewable in real time
- remotely control air flow speed, mode, timer, and oscillation
- create a purification schedule
- explore historic air quality information to learn about your indoor environment
- available for Apple® and Android™
- smooth, bladeless design
- keeps kids and pets safe
- makes cleaning quick and easy
- front-panel on/off button
- multi-function remote control handles all unit adjustments
- curved and magnetic to stow neatly on top of fan
- Certified Asthma and Allergy friendly™
- 6-foot power cord
- 9"W x 41-1/2"H x 9"D
- weight: 10.98 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Air purifier (white/silver)
- 2 Glass HEPA filters
- 2 Carbon filters
- 2 Silver shrouds
- Wireless remote control
- AC adapter with attached 74" DC output cord (DC output: 20V 2.5A)
- Operating Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Dyson Pure Cool purifying tower fan (TP04) constantly monitors the air quality in your home and displays it on a running graph showing the last 12 seconds of data. With 360° filtering, particles and gases are eliminated, and clean, purified air is delivered back to the room. The Pure Cool is Wi-Fi enabled, allowing you to control it with your smartphone or tablet through the Dyson Link app. You can also use voice commands through Amazon Echo (Alexa) to control its functions. If your home doesn't have Wi-Fi, you can use the supplied wireless remote control. The Pure Cool purifying tower fan has no blades, so it's safe and easy to clean.
Air Purifier: The Dyson Pure Cool purifying tower fan has intelligent sensors that automatically detect pollutants in the air, and dual filters that capture and eliminate the impurities. Its 360° Glass HEPA filter automatically removes 99.97% of the allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns from the air. The filter is made of 14 feet of H-13 HEPA borosilicate microfiber, pleated over 119 times. The Carbon filter, with a dense layer of TRIS-impregnated charcoal granules, captures gases such as formaldehyde, benzene, and nitrogen dioxide. The top and bottom of the filters are sealed with rubber to form a vacuum, keeping the trapped particles inside the machine. Both the 2-piece HEPA and 2-piece Carbon filters are easily replaceable. The unit is programmed to remind you to change the filters every 12 months, based on 12 hours of usage a day. The notification may come sooner or later, based on actual usage. The Pure Cool purifying tower fan is certified as "asthma & allergy friendly" by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
LCD Monitor: On the front of the TP04 is a 1.5" diameter LCD monitor that displays the air quality measurements, as well as other operational statistics for the purifying fan. Using the Information button (i) on the included remote, or the Dyson Link app, you can cycle through the following screens:
- Air Quality: A running graph of the current air quality is displayed, showing the level for the last 12 seconds. The line graph is displayed in four colors according to the total air quality: green (best), yellow, orange, and red (worst).
- Particulate Matter 2.5 (PM2.5): PM2.5 is the level of microscopic particles, up to 2.5 microns in size, that are suspended in the air. These particles include smoke, bacteria, and allergens.
- Particulate Matter 10 (PM10): PM10 is the level of larger microscopic particles, up to 10 microns in size, in the air. Dust, mold spores, and pollen are included in this measurement.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC): VOCs are potentially harmful compounds in the air. They are typically odors from cleaning products, paint, and new furnishings.
- Nitrogen Oxide (NO2): Nitrogen Oxide and other oxidizing gases are caused by combustion. These potentially harmful gases are found in vehicle exhaust emissions and burning gas while cooking.
- Temperature/Humidity: The LCD display will also monitor the ambient temperature and indoor humidity to help maintain a comfortable environment. The relative humidity, or the amount of water vapor in the air, is shown as a percentage of the maximum possible humidity at the current temperature.
- Filter: The remaining filter life is shown in the display. When either filter needs to be replaced, the monitor will indicate this.
- Wi-Fi: The current status of the Wi-Fi connection is shown in the monitor.
Air Multiplier Technology: The Pure Cool purifying tower fan uses Air Multiplier technology to generate a powerful airflow into the room. Air is pulled in from its nearly 360° air intake, allowing you to position the machine anywhere. Using technologies found in turbochargers and jet engines, the purifying fan can deliver over 77 gallons per second to circulate purified air throughout the entire room. You can vary the airflow speed from 1 to 10, as well as the airflow direction. The Pure Cool tower fan can oscillate up to 350°, with presets at 0°, 45°, 90°, 180°, and 350°. Custom oscillation settings from the Dyson Link app will also appear as an option as you scroll through.
Auto Mode: The Dyson Pure Cool's onboard sensors will intelligently adjust the speed of the airflow according to the air quality in the room. As the air quality improves the air speed will decrease, and the unit will turn itself off if the air quality target has been met. Air is purified continuously, whether the fan is on or off, and whether the air is set to flow from the front or the back. If you want purification and cooling, you can select the airflow direction to the front. For purification without cooling, select the airflow direction to the back.
Night Mode: The TP04 tower fan has a dedicated Night Mode that will run the machine more quietly and dim the display. If Auto Mode has been set, Night Mode will reduce the airflow speeds to range from 1 to 4. Manually, you can still change the airflow from 1 to 10. More Night Mode settings can be customized on the Dyson Link app.
Remote Control: The included remote control gives you control over the Pure Cool purifying tower fan's functions. Controls include: Power On/Off, Information Button, Airflow Speed Control, Auto Mode, Airflow Direction (front or back), Oscillation On/Off, and Night Mode. When not in use, the remote can be docked magnetically to the top of the unit. The remote is powered by a single CR2032 Lithium coin cell battery. Dimensions: Width 1.276", Length 3.55", Depth 0.416"
Wi-Fi: The Dyson Pure Cool purifying tower fan can be controlled via Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) using the Dyson Link app. The machine can connect to either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz networks. Your mobile device must have Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy) in order to set up a connection with the machine.
Dyson Link App: The Wi-Fi enabled Pure Cool purifying tower fan can be controlled and monitored by the Dyson Link app from your smartphone or tablet. The app allows you to live monitor the air quality inside your home, and view daily air quality history to discover how and when your machine is purifying. It also includes a remote control for setting the airflow speed, oscillation, and Night Mode. Should a problem arise, you can quickly access troubleshooting guides. The app can also control other Dyson connected machines, such as the Pure Hot + Cool Link and Pure Cool Link desktop purifiers and the Dyson 360 Eye robot vacuum. The Dyson Link app is compatible with iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) running iOS 10.0 or later, and Android smartphones and tablets with Android 5.0 and up.
Control By Alexa: You can use Amazon Echo's Alexa voice assistant to control the Pure Cool purifying tower fan with your voice. By speaking "Alexa, ask Dyson..." you can do the following: Turn on, Turn on night mode, Turn off auto mode, Increase the speed, and Set the speed (numerically). You can also use Alexa to monitor its speed, indoor air quality, temperature, and indoor humidity, and amount of filter life remaining.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.