Dyson Small Ball
Compact, lightweight, high-performance upright vacuum
From Dyson: Small Ball
Our take on the Dyson Small Ball by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Dyson Small Ball is relatively lightweight, and its retractable handle makes it easier to store in small spaces.
A small but mighty vacuum
If, like me, you live in a home with limited storage space, you might covet a Dyson vacuum, but worry that you don't have enough room to store one. The Dyson Small Ball is ideal for such situations — it's relatively compact and lightweight, and it has a retractable handle, so it can be stashed away in a closet when you're not using it.
The vacuum's self-adjusting cleaner head transitions easily from hard surfaces like wood or linoleum to carpet without losing cleaning effectiveness. The Ball design makes it light and agile, for easy, precise cleaning.
If you have pets, or suffer through high-pollen days, whole-machine HEPA filtration traps allergens so you can breathe a little easier. And the filter is washable, so you won't have to buy and install new ones every few months.
Versatile and easy to use
The Small Ball is amazing all by itself, but Dyson includes some attachments that make cleaning tasks easier to perform:
- all-purpose combo tool gives you handheld control for spot cleaning
- quick-release wand and hose help clean in hard-to-reach locations
- specially designed stair tool lets you give special attention to a high-traffic area
A special quick-release mechanism lets you empty the vacuum's bin without getting your hands dirty.
The Dyson Small Ball is made from ABS plastic and shatter-proof polycarbonate — the same materials that make football helmets and riot shields so tough. We've seen the torture tests Dyson puts these machines through, and were impressed to see them come out looking good as new. They're built to last a decade-plus through every kind of mess your family can devise.
- powerful vacuum for carpets, wood floors, vinyl and tile
- whole-machine HEPA filtration traps allergens
- Radial Root Cyclone™ technology captures microscopic dust particles
- active base plate on cleaner head automatically raises and lowers to seal in suction
- quick-release wand and hose help clean hard-to-reach areas
- convenient quick-release bin emptying keeps your hands clean
- washable lifetime filter
- 31-foot cord
- all-purpose combination tool and stair tool included
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 11"W x 31-13/16"H x 14-1/8"D
- weight: 12.15 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee