Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bose® 301® Series IV
Bookshelf speakers (Rosewood)
Item # 018301IVR | MFR # 011708
This item is no longer available.
Newer model available
Bose® 301® Series V Direct/Reflecting® speaker system
Our take on the Bose® 301® Series IV
Bose's popular bookshelf speakers are well-known for their performance, value, and versatility. The innovative 301® Series IV spreads full, lifelike sound throughout your listening area. Each handsome slot-port enclosure houses a wide-dispersion 2"
Recommended center channel speaker: Bose VCS-10®.
- tuned slot-port enclosure
- 8" woofer
- 3" Direct/Reflecting® and 2" Stereo Targeting® tweeters
- recommended power 10-150 watts with receivers rated from 4 to 8 ohms
- recommended speaker stand height 20-25 inches
- black or rosewood vinyl finish
- 10-1/4"H x 16-3/8"W x 9-3/4"D
- warranty: 5 years
Priced per pair
What's in the Box:
- 1 left 2-way speaker
- 1 right 2-way speaker
- 8 self-adhesive rubber feet
- Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Service center list
- Bose brochure
- International & US/Canada product registration and survey
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||2|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||20-25|
|Parts Warranty||5 YRS|
|Labor Warranty||5 YRS|
Driver Configuration: If you are facing the right speaker, the woofer fires forward, the 2" Stereo Targeting tweeter fires towards the left, and the 3" Direct/Reflecting tweeter is on the right hand side of the speaker behind a 2nd grill and is angled to fire towards the rear and side of the speaker. The left speaker is a mirror image of the right speaker.
Port: There is a port slot on the front of the speaker (behind the grill) and a second slot next to the 3" tweeter.
Placement: These speakers were designed to be positioned horizontally and should not be placed vertically. There are some fairly specific placement recommendations in the manual:
(1) Place speakers 4-12 ft apart
(2) Leave at least 12" of space from the end of a speaker to the side wall
(3) Leave at least 18" from the speakers to the floor or ceiling
(4) Leave at least 24" from the speakers to any TV screen
(5) Keep the back of the speakers within 18" of the wall behind them
Note: There are no provisions for wall mounting these speakers and the manual specifically notes that these speakers are not designed to mount on walls. The 018AS3 speaker stands are specifically noted as the ones to use with these speakers.
- Bose wire recommendations: 18 gauge wire can be used for runs up to 30 feet in length, 16 gauge wire is recommended for runs up to 45 feet long, and 14 gauge wire is recommended for wire runs up to 70 feet in length.
- Weight per speaker: 12.4 lbs.
- I.E.C. power rating: 75 W/CH
- Woofer Surrounds:
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.