Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bose® Acoustimass® 10 Series II
Home theater speaker system (White)
Item #: 018AM10IIW
This item is no longer available.
Bose® Acoustimass® 10 Series II
Our take on the Bose® Acoustimass® 10 Series II
The Bose Acoustimass 10 Series II system offers five tiny dual-cube speaker arrays, perfectly matched for seamless sound all around. They feature a versatile swivel design you can rotate each speaker's dual cubes to custom-tailor a blend of direct and reflecting sound for your listening area!
Many DVD movie soundtracks now incorporate significant bass in all channels (including the surround channels in Dolby® Digital and DTS). Bose's easily hidden Acoustimass module houses three dual-voice coil woofers, which when combined with Bose's proprietary Adaptive Energy Summing technology, deliver powerful, perfectly balanced bass for all channels front, center, and surround.
The Acoustimass 10 Series II and optional wall/ceiling brackets for satellites are available in black or white (see below).
- five video-shielded, dual-cube speaker arrays, each with two 2-1/2" drivers
- Acoustimass bass module with three 5-1/4" dual-voice-coil drivers
- recommended power 10-200 watts for front left and right channels; 10-100 watts for center and surround channels
- compatible with receivers rated from 4 to 8 ohms
- dual-cube arrays: 6-1/4"H x 3"W x 4-1/8"D, bass module: 7-1/2"W x 14"H x 23"D
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the Box:
- 1 White Acoustimass woofer module
- 5 dual cube satellites
- two 50' lengths of white speaker wire for surrounds (one ribbon wire which can be divided into two pieces - has RCA connectors on one end and bare wire on the other)
- three 20' lengths of white speaker wire for center and front (RCA on one end and bare wire on the other)
- 5-20' lengths of speaker input cables with RCA connectors on one end and bare wire on the other; 4 self-adhesive feet for bass module (adds .35 to height)
- 4 small self-adhesive feet for center channel speaker
- Plastic bass module cover
- Manual in various languages
- Quick set up sheet
- US/Canada and Foreign warranty cards
- Bose product promo
- Warranty service center list
- Owner's manual corrections.
Features and Specs
|Video Shielded||Sats only|
|Pieces in System||6|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||Spring clip/RCA|
|Mounting Bracket Included||---|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||30-40|
|Parts Warranty||5 YEARS|
|Labor Warranty||5 YEARS|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||More info|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||---|
|Main Speakers (inches)||---|
|Center Speaker (inches)||---|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||---|
Each of the 5 cube arrays is composed of two small cubes which can be swiveled. The cubes contain two 2.5" Twiddler cone drivers. Power handling is given as 10-200 watts per front channel and 10-100 watts per channel for the center and surround channels. The impedance is given as "compatible with receivers rated from 4 to 8 ohms". The bass module contains three 5.25" woofers which are used for the front and surround channels. This module is Not video shielded. It should be kept 2' away from the TV and there should be 2" of space between the port hole and any surface. The module may be placed horizontally or vertically. For greatest bass point the port opening 2-3" from a wall or corner.
Wiring: This system is wired in a unique manner. There is a 20' cable (five pairs of wires which can be pulled apart) with tinned wire on one end which is connected to the receiver's center, right and left front, and left and right surround outputs. The other end has male RCA jacks which plug into RCA inputs on the Bass Module. The Bass module has RCA outputs for the front left and right, center, and left and right surround cube speakers. To connect these you use the 20' front (left, right and center) and 50' rear (left and right surround) cables included in the package which also have RCA connectors. Each cube array has a spring clip input which will accept the bare tinned leads on the other end of the speaker wire.
Wall Mounting: Each of the 5 satellites has a 5mm female thread in the back allowing for the use of optional brackets.
Other: Settings vary according to the mode of the receiver.
In Pro Logic mode the center speaker should be set as Normal.
- In Dolby Digital or DTS the left and right front speakers should be set as "Large". The original version of the AM-10 Series II required the center setting to be "Small"; a correction note was included with the units that required a "Small" center channel setting. The current version of the AM-10 Series II is compatible with the "Large" setting of Dolby Digital and DTS receivers/processors. The left and right surrounds should be set as "Large". The LFE or Low frequency effects should be ON. The subwoofer should be set in the OFF position. The crossover frequency should be set at 200Hz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.