Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bose® Acoustimass® 3 Series IV
Bose's most compact and affordable Acoustimass system (Black)
Item # 018AM3IVB | MFR # 024303
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Bose® Acoustimass® 3 Series IV
If you think the price of Bose's Acoustimass 3 system is amazing, wait 'til you hear how it sounds! The new and improved Acoustimass module pumps out bass notes from anywhere in your room. Because low frequencies are omnidirectional, you can hide it out of sight, and the bass seems to come from the tiny cubes! And since the compact Acoustimass module can be hidden nearly anywhere in your room, and the two single-cube satellites are small enough to fit in the palm of your hand (even smaller than Bose's previous versions!), this system fits your decor as easily as it fits your budget.
The Acoustimass 3 Series IV, optional wall/ceiling brackets, and optional speaker stands are available in black or white (see below).
- two single-cube, video-shielded satellite speakers
- Acoustimass bass module
- automatic protection circuitry prevents damage from electrical stress or overload
- recommended power 10-100 watts with receivers rated from 4 to 8 ohms
- satellites: 3-1/8"H x 3-1/8"W x 4-1/8"D each; bass module: 7-1/2"W x 14"H x 12-5/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the Box:
- 1 Black Acoustimass woofer module
- 2 Black single cube satellites
- Four 20' lengths of black speaker wire with bare tinned wire on each end
- 4 self adhesive feet for bass module (adds 0.35" to height)
- Owner's Guide
- US/Canada registration and warranty card
- Foreign registration and warranty card
- Bose product line brochure
- "Our Commitment to You" letter
Bose® Acoustimass® 3 Series IV Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Video Shielded||Sats only|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||2.5|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Mounting Bracket Included||NA|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||30-40|
|Parts Warranty||5 YEARS|
|Labor Warranty||5 YEARS|
Acoustimass Speaker Technology: Unlike conventional subwoofers that radiate sound from a vibrating cone, the Acoustimass module launches sound into the room on a column of air. This innovation results in bass so natural and pure, its source is almost impossible to localize, allowing you to place the Acoustimass module almost anywhere. And all the sound appears to come from the tiny cube speakers.
Automatic Protection Circuit: When played at high volume, this system's automatic protection circuit activates to prevent damage to the system from electrical stress or overload. When this happens, you may notice a slight decrease in volume, which is normal.
- Each single cube contains a 2-1/2" wide-range cone driver.
- The two satellites are video shielded, but the bass module is not shielded.
- The bass module contains a single 5-1/4" dual voice coil low-frequency driver.
- The bass module has a port opening in the front of the unit.
Wiring: Wires are run from the left and right speaker output of the receiver to the bass module which has two spring clip speaker inputs. Wires are then run from the two spring clip speaker outputs on the bass module to the left and right cubes. Since the crossover networks needed to protect the cubes are in the bass module NOT in the individual cubes, the units must be connected this way.
Wall Mounting: Each of the satellites has a 5mm female thread in the back allowing for the use of optional screw in type brackets.
- As with most Bose products, many specifications such as frequency response and sensitivity are not given.
- Power is given as "compatible with receivers or amplifiers rated from 10-100 watts per channel".
- Impedance is given as "compatible with receivers or amplifiers rated from 4-8 ohms".
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.