Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bose® CineMate® Series II digital home theater speaker system
Bose - CineMate Series II theater speaker system
Item # 018CINII | MFR # 318842-1100
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Bose® CineMate® Series II digital home theater speaker system by Crutchfield's Kristen Schaub
Today's TVs offer a vibrant, detailed picture, but if you're relying on your television's built-in speakers, you're missing a big part of the experience. The innovative Bose® CineMate® Series II digital home theater speaker system dishes out spacious, detailed sound using just two compact speakers and an Acoustimass® module. It connects directly to your TV via a single cable, and with no rear speakers, there's no need to run wire all the way across your room.
Impressive audio performance, less room clutterEach speaker contains two precisely angled drivers that deliver a wide soundstage. One speaker driver is equipped to handle left, center, and right channel audio information, while the other handles left and right surround channel information — so you won't lose any detail with your multi-channel audio sources. Plus, advanced audio circuitry helps create three-dimensional sound with all your TV shows, DVD movies, music CDs, and video games. And you'll love the way this system looks, too, thanks to its compact, decor-friendly design.
Fast, simple setupBose made the CineMate® Series II system exceptionally easy to set up and use. Special connectors ensure goof-proof hookup to your TV, and the included instructional DVD walks you through the process step by step. The simple four-button remote provides basic power, volume, and mute functions for the system.
Product was east to set up and del;ivewred great sound, surprisingly lifelike surround sound which was not expected due to the set-up.
Robert, Baton Rouge, LA
What's in the Box:
- Black Acoustimass module
- 2 Black "Articulated Array" speakers
- Black wireless remote control (with installed CR2032 3V battery)
- Interface module with attached 15' cable (has a 9-pin serial connector)
- 14.5' Speaker cable (has a 9-pin serial connector on one end and two 4-pin connectors on the other end)
- 8' AC power cord
- 6' Stereo cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors on each end)
- 6.5' Optical digital audio cable
- 4 Large rubber feet
- 12 Small rubber feet
- CineMate Setup DVD
- Owner's Guide (Eng/Spa/Fre)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Optical Cable connection note
- Product registration/Warranty card
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Our Commitment To You" letter
- powered home theater speaker system
- 2 compact Articulated Array® speakers
- two 2" drivers in each speaker
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- video-shielded (prevents magnetic distortion on tube TVs)
- Acoustimass® module with 5" woofer
- bass control knob on the Acoustimass® module lets you customize bass output
- interface module receives commands from remote control, sends audio information from TV to speaker system (connects to TV via included optical digital audio cable)
- Videostage® 5 decoding for DVDs, VHS tapes, and stereo & mono sources
- TrueSpace® processing circuitry delivers spacious sound effects
- Digital Dynamic Range® speaker technology lets you hear soft sounds at low volumes
- includes DVD with step-by-step setup guidance
- four-button remote
- includes speaker wire
- satellite speakers: 7-1/2"W x 3-1/2"H x 5-1/4"D
- bass module: 8-7/8"W x 14-1/8"H x 19-3/4"D
- interface module: 3-3/8"W x 1-3/16"H x 3-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bose® CineMate® Series II digital home theater speaker system Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Inputs and Outputs
Overview: The Bose CineMate Series II digital home theater speaker system provides high-quality home theater sound so you get more from your HDTV experience. The Bose CineMate Series II digital home theater speaker system makes it easy to enjoy the power of a home theater experience using your TV and video components, like a DVD or Blu-ray player and Satellite receiver. Just two front speakers and a hideaway Acoustimass module bring movies and music to life via proprietary TrueSpace technology. The CineMate Series II offers quick and easy connections because there are no rear or center speakers, eliminating much of the wiring of traditional 5-speaker systems. An easy-to-use 4-button remote control operates the Bose system.
Proprietary TrueSpace Digital Processing Circuitry: The Bose CineMate Series II digital home theater speaker system utilizes proprietary TrueSpace digital processing circuitry to deliver a spacious, multichannel sound experience with strong center imaging from just two visible speakers and a hideaway Acoustimass module.
Videostage 5 Decoding and Post-Processing Circuitry: Proprietary Videostage 5 decoding and post-processing circuitry, combined with digital 5.1 decoding and DTS, delivers a high quality, multichannel surround sound experience from practically any source: DVDs, videocassettes, stereo CDs, even older mono TV shows and movies.
Digital 5.1 Decoding: The Bose CineMate Series II features an optical digital input and provides digital 5.1 decoding for improved realism from 5.1-encoded DVDs, DBS, or HDTV.
Digital Dynamic Range Compression: Digital Dynamic Range speaker compression circuitry enables you to hear soft sounds (particularly dialogue) even at low volumes, and still appreciate the impact of loud special effects.
Interface Module: The Interface Module is a compact enclosure that houses an LED indicator and connectors for audio input (stereo RCA and optical), and receives IR commands for the speaker system. The Interface Module connects directly to your TV while providing status information (on/off) for your speaker system.
Note: You can use either the module's stereo RCA analog audio input or optical digital audio input, but not both.
Articulated Array Speakers: The Articulated Array speaker design combines with TrueSpace surround digital processing circuitry to deliver extraordinary sound. Each speaker has two precisely angled drivers inside the ported enclosure. The two speakers are designed to work in concert with Bose's proprietary signal processing to deliver a multi-channel presentation from just two visible speakers. The result is a home theater experience with a broad, spacious soundstage and strong center imaging.
Speaker Array Mounting: Each speaker array has an M5 female threaded insert on the back, allowing the speaker to be mounted using an optional Bose wall/ceiling bracket, universal floor stand, or universal table stand. Using the supplied rubber feet, the speaker arrays can be placed on any flat surface.
Acoustimass Module: The Acoustimass module works in concert with the small speakers to deliver the full range of sound. The patented Bose design produces low frequencies for all channels with no audible distortion. When the module is tucked behind a curtain or chair, all of the sound seems to come directly from the two arrays.
Bass Control Knob: The bass control knob located on the rear of the Acoustimass module allows you to change the bass level of the Bose system.
4-Button Remote: The Bose home theater speaker system comes with a sleek four-button remote control which operates power, volume and mute functions of the CineMate Series II in a simplified, streamlined design. The remote control is powered by a CR2032 3V battery (already installed).
Acoustimass Module Rear Panel:
- AC Power Jack: For use with supplied AC power cord.
- Interface Module: 9-pin serial jack that connects to the Interface Module.
- Speakers: 9-pin serial jack that connects to the speakers using the supplied speaker cable.
Interface Module Rear Panel:
- Audio In: Left and right RCA audio jacks for stereo analog audio signal.
- Optical In: Optical digital input for Dolby Digital/DTS audio signal (make sure to push this connection in until you here it click).
Speaker Inputs: Each speaker has a 4-pin male jack that connects to the Acoustimass module using the supplied speaker cable.
Interface Module: W = 3.375", H = 1.1875", D = 3.875"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.