Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bose® Lifestyle® T20 home theater system
Item # 018LST20B | MFR # 318043-1100
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Bose® Lifestyle® T20 home theater system by Crutchfield's Meredith Krebs
Get beautiful Bose sound from a simple, elegant systemEnjoy engaging home theater sound with all your movies, TV shows, and video games from a system that's easy to set up and use. The Lifestyle® T20 system lets you connect up to six high-def video sources to the system's media console, and enjoy simple control of everything using one remote. Five Direct/Reflecting® speaker arrays and an Acoustimass® module add wraparound sound to your video without adding clutter to your room.
Easy setup and operationBose Unify™ technology makes it easy to connect and control all of your home theater components, including a Blu-ray player, cable box, and game console. Clear on-screen menus provide all the information you need to easily switch from one video source to another. Plus, you can control everything using the system's backlit, universal remote. You won't even have to input any codes — just point each of your existing remotes at the console and follow the onscreen instructions.
Sound that's perfectly adjusted for your roomThe ADAPTiQ® auto calibration system simplifies setup by automatically tailoring the sound to the size and shape of your room. Just put on the supplied headset with built-in mics, sit in five of your family's favorite spots, and the system configures its own speaker distance and delay settings. You can be sure that everyone in your room hears the best sound possible.
Four swiveling, dual-cube speakers plus a center channel speaker deliver exhilarating sound, and blend elegantly with your décor. They feature Bose's patented Direct/Reflecting® speaker technology, which sends a mixture of direct and reflected sound to your ears for convincing wraparound effects. A separate, powered Acoustimass® module adds thrilling bottom-end rumble to your movie soundtracks, and can be tucked away in a corner or under an end table.
Great system! Easy to set up and easy to use. My first Bose system and I'm not disappointed.
Rob, Tehachapi, Ca
What's in the Box:
- Control console (AV20)
- Acoustimass module (PS28 III)
- 4 Direct/Reflecting cube speakers
- Horizontal center-channel speaker
- RF remote control
- 4 "AA" batteries
- ADAPTiQ audio calibration headset
- AC power supply (with attached 6' DC cord)
- Two 5' detachable AC power cords
- 30' Acoustimass cable (with proprietary connectors on each end)
- Three 20' lengths of speaker wire (with a RCA connection on one end and bare-tinned wire on other end)
- One 50' length of speaker wire (with RCA connections on one end and bare-tinned wire on other end)
- 59" HDMI cable
- 6' Stereo RCA cable
- Triple IR emitter (with attached 6' cord terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- USB Flash-drive
- 4 Large self-adhesive rubber feet (for acoustimass module)
- 4 Small self-adhesive rubber feet (for center-channel)
- Operating Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Setup Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Important Safety Instructions
- Online Product Registration
- Bose Contact List
- "Our Commitment To You" note
- USB Update note
- thrilling 5.1 surround sound for movies, sports and video games
- 4 swiveling, dual-cube speakers plus a center channel speaker
- connect up to 6 high-def video sources (4 HDMI, 2 component video)
- Bose Unify technology simplifies setup and control
- video upconversion via HDMI delivers the best possible picture quality on your TV with all your video sources
- ADAPTiQ® automatic speaker calibration adjusts to your unique room to give you the best sound
- includes RF remote control
- main console: 16-5/8"W x 3"H x 9-5/16"D
- front speakers: 3-1/16"W x 6-1/4"H x 4-1/16"D (each)
- center channel speaker: 6-1/16"W x 3-1/16"H x 4-1/16"D
- Acoustimass® module: 8-1/8"W x 13-3/16"H x 21-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year module / 5 years speakers
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bose® Lifestyle® T20 home theater system Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Bose Lifestyle T20 is a 5.1-channel home theater system consisting of an AV Control Console, Acoustimass Module, 4 Direct/Reflecting Cube Speakers, and a Horizontal Center-Channel Speaker. The Lifestyle T20 also includes the ADAPTiQ audio calibration system to optimize system performance for your room. In addition, there is an RF remote control included for convenient wireless operation of the entire system and your connected components.
Note: The AV Control Console measures 16.375" (w) x 3.125" (h) x 10.25" (d). Speaker measurements listed in Features & Specs.
6 HD Video Connections: The Bose Lifestyle T20 features six high-definition connection so you can enjoy up to six HD video sources-such as your Blu-ray Disc player, cable box, satellite receiver, and gaming system.
- 4 HDMI (ver.1.3) Inputs: The Lifestyle T20 features 3 rear-panel HDMI inputs and 1 front-panel HDMI input for a one cable audio/video connection. The system's HDMI inputs will accept 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signals.
- 2 Component Video Inputs: The T20 is equipped with 2 rear-panel component video inputs. The component video inputs will accept 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i video signals
Note: The unit is also equipped with two rear-panel composite video inputs and a front-panel composite video input (the composite video input will support 480i only). The two rear-panel composite video inputs share the audio inputs of the unit's component video inputs.
HDMI Monitor Output: The Bose T20 features an HDMI (ver.1.3) monitor out to connect your TV. All video inputs (composite, component, HDMI) are output via HDMI to your television. The HDMI output can be set to 480i/p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p to match the capability of your television.
Note: The AV Control Console does not feature a composite, S-video, or component video monitor output.
HDMI 1080p Video Upscaling: Automatic video upscaling ensures movies and sports use the highest resolution capabilities of your display; up to 1080p over HDMI.
Image View Format: The Bose Lifestyle T20 features various image view formats to match your connected television and source content. You can select from the following.
- Normal: Leaves original video image unchanged.
- Auto-Wide: Fills width of the screen without cropping any content.
- Stretch 1: Stretches video image evenly from the center.
- Stretch 2: Stretches the edges of the video image much more than the center portion of the image.
- Zoom: Enlarges the video image.
- Gray Bars: Places vertical gray bars on the left and right of a standard definition video image.
- Fit: Fits the video image to your screen.
Game Mode: This mode produce improved video performance for game systems.
Source Over-scan: This features applies a video over-scan to the current video source.
Audio/Video Sync: This function adjusts the audio delay to synchronize audio with the video. This can be adjust between -2 to +5.
ADAPTiQ Audio Calibration System: Your room is unique, with size, shape, textures and other elements affecting the sound you hear. ADAPTiQ audio calibration system provides greater freedom of speaker placement in your room. It customizes the system's sound to fit your room, for a consistent, high-quality performance. It analyzes the way your room's dimensions and other variables affect sound, then automatically adjusts the sound of your Lifestyle surround sound system to the acoustics of your room.
Headset: The special headset supplied with the ADAPTiQ system has no speakers, but special microphones designed to be worn above the ears. It enables you to take acoustic measurements in your room during the custom equalization process. The headset has an adjustable headband and a 28' cord terminating in a pair of stereo male RCA plugs. These plug into the system's front-panel left and right RCA inputs.
Proprietary Videostage 5 Decoding and Post-Processing Circuitry: Proprietary Videostage 5 decoding and post-processing circuitry, combined with Dolby Digital 5.1 decoding, Dolby TruHD, and DTS, delivers a high-quality, multichannel surround sound experience from practically any source: DVDs, videocassettes, stereo CDs, even older mono TV shows and movies.
Sound Modes: The Lifestyle T20 home theater system offers the following Sound Modes.
- Original: Plays stereo audio when stereo audio is received from the source.
- Recommended: Plays 5-channel audio whether or not 2- or 5-channel audio is received from the source.
- Alternative: Plays 5-channel audio when either stereo or 5-channel audio is received from the source.
- Enhanced Mono: Plays simulated surround sound when monaural audio is received from the source.
Audio Compression: The Bose Lifestyle home theater system offers the following audio compression adjustments.
- Enhance Dialogue: Enhances sound output so you can hear movie dialogues more distinctly.
- Smart Volume: Reduces the range of volume levels in a movie soundtrack so the difference between extremely loud outbursts and soft sounds is less noticeable.
- Off: No change to audio track.
Volume Offset: This function increases the volume level of the select source relative to other sources (0-10).
Bass & Treble: You can independently adjust the system's bass & treble level.
Speaker Level: You can adjust the volume level of the center-channel and rear speaker relative to the system's front speakers.
Volume On TV: This feature enables the system to display the volume level meter and mute indicator on your TV.
TV Speakers: This function sends HDMI audio to your TV (audio from the TV is not affected by plugging headphones into the control console or by pressing Mute or Volume on the remote).
Note: HDMI audio is only sent to the TV via the system's HDMI inputs. It will not output audio from analog connected sources to your TV.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The Lifestyle T20 is equipped with analog and digital inputs.
- Analog Audio Inputs: The Bose T20 features three rear-panel analog stereo RCA audio inputs and one front-panel analog stereo RCA audio input.
- Digital Audio Inputs: The T20 features three rear-panel optical and coaxial digital audio inputs.
Bose Link Input: You can use the Bose Lifestyle T20 to listen to content from a Bose link-compatible system, such as another Lifestyle system. Connect that system to the Bose Link input connector on the rear-panel of the control console.
Headphone Output: The Lifestyle T20's Control Console features a front-panel 3.5mm headphone output for connecting a set of headphones (sold separately). The system's speakers are muted when a set of headphones are connected. The headphone volume level is controlled by the system's main volume.
Direct/Reflecting Cube Speakers: This Lifestyle T20 home theater system uses 4 Direct/Reflecting Cube speakers to fill your room with compelling surround sound. These cube speaker arrays can be swiveled, allowing you to reflect sound off the walls as well as project it directly into the room. The result is full, spacious sound throughout the room; not just in one small "sweet-spot". Direct/Reflecting speaker technology delivers lifelike spaciousness from a natural balance of reflected and direct sound; similar to a live performance. You'll hear movies, music and sports come to life in convincing detail.
Horizontal Center-Channel Speaker: The horizontal center-channel speaker delivers natural sounding dialogue and vocals, while visually complimenting your flat panel TV screen.
Acoustimass Module: The system's Direct/Reflecting Cube speakers work in concert with a hideaway Acoustimass module to deliver a fuller range of theater sound and effects. Exclusive technology in the module helps provide the emotional intensity you feel at the theater or in a concert hall. The system's Acoustimass module delivers the clarity of pure sound reproduction down to the lowest frequencies, even at the loudest levels. Because it eliminates audible distortion, you can place the Acoustimass module almost anywhere, even behind furniture, and all the sound will appear to come from the system's tiny cube speakers.
System Connections: The Control Console plugs into the Acoustimas Module via the included proprietary system cable. The four satellite cube arrays and the center-channel speakers then connect to the Acoustimass module via supplied speaker cable. The satellite cube and center-channels speakers feature spring-clip connectors to attach the speaker cable.
Bose Unify Technology: Exclusive Bose Unify technology provides easy-to-follow onscreen messages to guide you through the entire setup process. The Unify intelligent integration system uses on-screen navigation to simplify system setup and everyday use. This proprietary technology walks you through setup, showing the right inputs and best connection options, and even verifies you've done it correctly. Each connected product is automatically added to the source menu accessed on your TV screen. Clear, on-screen menus provide all the information you need for your connected sources.
USB Port: The Control Console features a front-panel USB type-A port for viewing JPEG still-image files from a USB device, including a digital camera. The USB port is also used for updating system software.
Note: A 2GB USB thumb-drive is provided for system updates.
Wireless Remote Control: The Bose Lifestyle T20 home theater system includes an RF remote for wireless control of the entire system. The remote works on radio frequency (2.4 GHz) to operate through walls and floors. This advanced radio frequency remote works throughout your entire room (up to 33'). You do not need to aim it at the system's control console.
Remote Programming: The system's Unify technology simplifies programming the Bose remote to control the Lifestyle system and your components attached to it. During setup, the Unify system references an internal database to identify each connected component, and automatically teaches the Bose remote to control it.
IR Emitter Cable: The remote control also offers IR commands using the included IR emitter cable to control connected IR devices.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.