Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bose® SoundDock® 10 Bluetooth® digital music system
with iPhone®/iPod® dock
From Bose: SoundDock 10 Bluetooth
From Bose: SoundDock 10 Bluetooth Tech
Item # 018SD10BT | MFR # 309505-1320
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Bose® SoundDock® 10 Bluetooth® digital music system by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Wireless convenience, wonderful sound
With the Bose® SoundDock® 10 Bluetooth digital music system you have flexibility. It doesn't matter if you have the latest iPhone, Andoid tablet, laptop computer, or even portable game console. If you've got a Bluetooth-enabled device, you can enjoy legendary Bose® sound music apps, games, and videos — all streamed wirelessly to the SoundDock® 10 Bluetooth.
Advanced acoustic design makes the difference
The SoundDock® 10 Bluetooth delivers room-filling sound, but it doesn't need a lot of room to do it. The compact system features a powerful, rear-firing woofer to provide low-frequency punch. Bose® waveguide speaker technology efficiently uses the cabinet's interior to shape and enhance the sound as it leaves the woofer, for even better performance. The two built-in stereo speakers deliver clear, natural mids and highs. The end result is music that sounds great even in a large, open room.
Simple setup and operation
Just plug in the power cord, and the SoundDock® 10 Bluetooth is ready to go. You can use the built-in dock for most generations of iPhones or iPods (the iPhone 5 and 5th generation iPod touch require an optional adapter). Or you can insert the Bluetooth® dock into the connector for wireless connectivity to any Bluetooth-enabled device. Have a portable CD player or other non-Bluetooth device? No problem. An auxiliary input lets you play other portable devices through the system.
Easy to connect using bluetooth. Great sound. Heavy.
What's in the Box:
- Amplified speaker system/docking station for iPod
- Universal iPod dock adapter insert (installed)
- 59" AC power cord
- Wireless remote control (CR2032 Battery installed)
- Bluetooth module
- Owner's Guide
- Bluetooth Dock Instructions
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Our Commitment To You" letter
- Limited Warranty information
- "Please complete for your records" note
- for most docking iPods and iPhones (iPhone 5, 5th generation iPod touch, and 7th generation iPod nano require optional Lightning adapter)
- Bluetooth® dock for wireless streaming from smartphones, tablets, or computers
- 7" woofer and Bose® waveguide speaker technology for deep bass
- built-in stereo speakers
- remote control included
- minijack auxiliary input for other portable devices
- AC adapter
- weight: 18.5 lbs.
- 17"W x 8-7/8"H x 9-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bose® SoundDock® 10 Bluetooth® digital music system Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Bose Waveguide Speaker Technology: The Bose SoundDock 10 Bluetooth Digital Music System provides a powerful, lifelike sound with generous tonal range for a room filling sound. Advanced waveguide speaker technology, only from Bose, enables full-bodied sound, especially in lower registers, for more natural-sounding bass and percussion instruments.
Integrated iPod/iPhone Dock: The Bose SoundDock 10 Bluetooth Digital Music System features an integrated Apple 30-pin iPod dock connector. The integrated dock offers audio/video playback, basic control, and charging of select iPods & iPhones.
- Universal Dock Adapter: The SoundDock 10 Bluetooth Digital Music System comes with a pre-installed universal dock adapter, which accommodates most iPod models. If you prefer to use the dock adapter included with your iPod, you can easily remove the universal dock adapter and snap in your iPod-specific dock adapter. Dock adapters for most iPod and iPhone models are available directly from Apple.
- RF Remote Control: An RF wireless remote control is included that offers basic iPod controls; Play/Pause, Volume up/down, Skip to previous/next track, Fast Forward/Rewind within a song, Playlist select and off. The clickwheel or touchscreen controls on the iPod/iPhone also work while connected to the SoundDock 10 Bluetooth Digital Music System. Because the remote is RF (and not IR), you can control the system's volume and your iPod/iPhone's music from across the room or even in another room without having to point the remote directly at the device.
- Video Output: This system features a rear-panel composite video output for watching videos stored in your iPod/iPhone on your television.
- Charging: The digital music system provides power to charge your iPod/iPhone during operation. The system provides power to charge your iPod/iPhone even if the speaker system is off.
Note: *The iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), and iPhone 5 will require the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter or Lightning to 30-pin cable (both, sold separately) in order to dock with this system.
Bluetooth Module: The Bose SoundDock 10 Bluetooth Digital Music System comes with a Bluetooth module that lets you wirelessly connect with any Bluetooth enabled device; such as your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, or laptop. You'll be able to wirelessly stream music stored on your device or from music apps on your device; like Pandora, iHeartRadio, MOG, or Spotify. And if you need to multitask, you can keep using your device while you listen to music. You can control basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause and Skip to previous/next track from the included remote control.
Note: In order to install the included Bluetooth module, you must first remove the system's iPod/iPhone dock connector (see owner's manual). The Bluetooth module then replaces the system's iPod/iPhone dock connector.
Apple Device Chart: This unit is "Made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 9/26/2013).
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video Output||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Information|
- *The iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), and iPhone 5/5C/5S will require the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter or Lightning to 30-pin cable (both, sold separately) in order to dock with this system.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: The Bose SoundDock 10 Bluetooth Digital Music System has a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a external portable audio source other than your iPod/iPhone.
mini-USB Connector: The unit's mini-USB (type-B) port is designed for downloadable software updates that may be available in the future. By registering this product, you will automatically be notified of any necessary updates.
Non-Slip Feet: The bottom of the Bose SoundDock 10 Bluetooth Digital Music System features five surface-gripping rubber pads to provide a stable platform on most surfaces.
Auto Standby: The SoundDock 10 Bluetooth Digital Music System goes into standby mode 30 minutes after any one of the following conditions is detected.
- Pressing the remote Off button.
- Removing a docked Apple device.
- Selecting Aux and there is no audio from the device connected to the Aux input, or removing the plug from the Aux input.
- If using the Bluetooth module and there is no Bluetooth connection after searching for 30 minutes.
Note: The system never goes into standby mode while an Apple device is docked. The unit will return to the last volume setting used when turned on/off.
AC Power Cord: The unit is powered by the supplied detachable 59" AC power cord. It does not operate on battery power.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.