Bose® noise-masking sleepbuds
From Bose: Noise Masking Sleepbuds
Bose® noise-masking sleepbuds - Designed to mask the sound of snoring, traffic, and other sleep disturbances
Our take on the Bose® noise-masking sleepbuds by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
The Bose® noise-masking sleepbuds drown out loud disruptions with peaceful sounds that help you sleep.
A new approach to better sleep, from Bose®
When I'm traveling, I can never get a good night's sleep. No matter how nice the hotel is — or how thick the walls are — I'm startled awake by loud, annoying noises at all hours. Guests stomping down the hall, traffic outside, someone moving a piano in the room above me (or whatever they are doing up there)...it all keeps me up at night. Judging by the buzz around the Bose noise-masking sleepbuds, I am not alone.
Bose developed these comfortable, truly wireless in-ears specifically to deliver soothing, noise-neutralizing sounds while you rest or sleep. And for the first time ever, the company crowd-funded their research — to much fanfare. Bose wanted this product tested by as many people as possible, to ensure they had a successful and state-of-the-art sleep aid.
Bose knows you need your ZZZ's
We all know the importance of sleep, so I won't rehash everything here. But basically, lack of sleep doesn't just adversely affect your focus and performance the next day — there are also long-term health implications. Yet despite everything that we read and hear, most of us still don't get our recommended 7-8 hours.
To help solve this important problem, Bose developed a plan to attack sleep's arch-nemesis — noise. Bose's noise-cancelling headphones are legendary, so it's a topic their experts were well-equipped to tackle. The sleepbuds can counteract disturbances like car horns, barking dogs, or snoring family members — all notorious for keeping you up at night.
This exploded view shows the tiny parts at work — including a micro-sized battery, special noise-filter, and memory chip filled with noise-masking sounds.
How the sleepbuds work
If you're keeping something in your ear overnight, you want it to be as small and unobtrusive as possible. The Bose engineers were extremely conscious of this — and created the smallest product they've ever made. They only selected miniscule parts that were necessary and effective for the task at hand.
Tiny, specially designed noise filters are the first line of defense against nighttime racket. Next, a built-in memory chip delivers a preloaded selection of sounds that are engineered to drown out the remaining noise. These gentle sounds are designed to fade from your attention as you doze off.
Full control with an app on your phone
You can pick which soothing sound you'd like to hear by downloading the Bose Sleep app to your Apple® or Android™ device. There are two categories to choose from: the sounds designed for noise-masking and a list of other sounds for relaxation.
Choose and control everything from your phone with the free Bose Sleep app.
The app also lets you control the volume, and how much external sound you want to allow through. Bose claims that most bedroom noise can be rendered completely inaudible depending on what you select. You can also control how long you want the sound to play, and even set a wake-up alarm — all through the app.
StayHear®+ ear tips and charging case
It takes a special type of ear tip to stay put — and stay comfy — while you rest your head on a pillow all night. So Bose included three sizes of their StayHear+ ear tips. They feel extra soft and avoid unpleasant pressure points, plus they have stability wings to keep them in place if you move around in your sleep.
Included charging case
Inside each sleepbud, there's a tiny rechargeable silver-zinc micro-battery like the ones used in hearing aids. They offer about 16 hours of use on a single charge — or about two good nights of sleep. When they need more juice, just snap the earbuds into the included charging case.
This small case itself packs enough power to fully recharge the sleepbuds when you're on the go.
- 100% wire-free earbuds that aid sleep
- no connecting cord between left and right
- extra-compact, lightweight design
- passive noise-isolating filters help reduce loud sleep disturbances
- built-in memory chip plays soothing, noise-masking sounds
- built-in Bluetooth for connecting to your phone or mobile device
- will not stream music or other audio from your device
Mobile App and Sound Details:
- free Bose® Sleep app for Apple and Android lets you choose and control your sounds
- app is required to use the sleepbuds
- choose from sounds designed to relax or sounds designed to mask external noise
- noise-masking sounds have matching frequencies that cover up sleep-disturbing noises
- noise-masking sounds include Waterfall, Ocean Waves, Soft Lull, and more
- control volume of noise-masking sound and level of audible external noise
- set sleep timer on sound so it will stop automatically
- set wake-up alarm and choose from a selection of wake-up sounds
Charging Case, Accessories, and General Info:
- three sizes of soft silicone StayHear®+ tips provide a comfortable fit
- flexible wings keep earbuds secure during sleep or rest
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 16 hours of use
- included carrying case banks up to 16 hours of power to wirelessly recharge headphones
- USB cable included for charging case
- protective cloth carrying pouch
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Mic For Taking Calls||---|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 year|
|Labor Warranty||1 year|
Frequently Compared With
Bose® noise-masking sleepbuds$249.00
In-ear wireless Bluetooth® headphones with W1 chip