Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Watch a product review
Item # 020CZ505 | MFR # CZ505
Price Break: -$30.00
$169.99 Earn up to 170 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Clarion CZ505 by Crutchfield's Dave Delamere
Lots of features tucked inside
If you're looking for a CD receiver with simple controls, solid power, and a bunch of audio features, Clarion's CZ505 comes loaded with a built-in HD Radio® tuner, Bluetooth® with aptX®, satellite radio capability, Pandora® controls, and front USB and aux inputs. You can also get the look you want by choosing from over 700 colors for the display and button illumination.
More than just Bluetooth
In addition to hands-free calling with Bluetooth, you can pair your phone with this Clarion for wireless audio streaming. If your Android™ is Bluetooth aptX-compatible or your iPhone® includes AAC files, you'll enjoy clear, CD-quality music streaming. An integrated front-panel microphone shortens the installation time and lets your callers hear you loud and clear.
Turn up the tunes
The CZ505 also lets you enjoy HD Radio from participating stations — it's almost shocking to hear FM that's close to CD quality or AM that comes in clear and static-free. If your memory's not what it used to be, you can tag songs that you hear on HD Radio, then buy them later online. And most participating stations send out secondary programming, giving you more choices when you're in the mood for radio.
Speaking of choices, you can add a hideaway SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (sold separately) to this Clarion. You'll be able to play all your favorite satellite radio stations, a huge bonus for those long road trips.
Once you plug your iPhone using the front-panel USB port, you'll have instant control over all your stored music and your favorite Pandora® Internet Radio stations. And if you have a flash drive full of MP3 and WMA files, the CZ505 can handle those too. You can plug just about any portable audio device into the front aux input.
The 3-band parametric equalizer allows you to change the center frequency for adjusting the bass, midrange, and treble, so you get more control over the tone of your music. You can use the three sets of preamp outputs to expand your system with an amp and a powered subwoofer. Adjustable high-pass and low-pass filters let you tweak your system to round out your perfect sound. You'll appreciate the wireless remote when your passengers want to choose the tunes.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our articles about Bluetooth profiles and streaming music using Bluetooth with aptX.
Very awesome works very well.
Anonymous, Lewistown, pa
What's in the Box:
- CD receiver
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (RCX001)
- CR2025 3V battery
- 4 ISO screws
- Face-fixing screw
- 2 Removal tools
- Owners/Installation Manual
- Warranty Card
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- detachable face with 2-line variable-color display and button illumination
- wireless remote control
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- aptX® audio coding technology for near-CD-quality sound with compatible Bluetooth devices
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- Pandora control with iPhone and Android
- BeatEQ (3-band parametric EQ with 3 preset settings)
- bass boost and loudness controls
- low-pass and high-pass filters
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- front USB port compatible with MP3 and WMA audio files
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input and front USB port
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other Features and Specs:
Clarion CZ505 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||15 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Bluetooth Technology: The Clarion CZ505 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.1+EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Clarion CZ505. Visit Clarion's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Clarion CZ505 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can pair up to three Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Clarion head unit, but only one can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Clarion CZ505 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. The CZ505 can be set to automatically answer your incoming calls and mute any music audio to your vehicle's speakers so you can instantly carry on a phone conversation hands-free. An integrated front-panel microphone (or Clarion's RCB-204 optional external mic; sold separately) carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can make a call by entering the phone number, selecting a contact from your Phonebook list, or using the Call Hisatory Log of received/dialed/missed calls.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Clarion
in-dash head unit's front-panel controls.
- Direct Dial: Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers (0-9, *, #, +) directly via the car stereo's rotary control knob.
- Phonebook: You can search for contact names in your mobile phone's phonebook from the Clarion CZ505 and then make your call. The head unit can store up to 500 contact numbers.
- Call Log: You can also make a call by searching your mobile phone's call history (Received/Dialed/Missed) from the Clarion CZ505.
- Redial: You can simply redial the last number dialed with a press of a single button on the in-dash head unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ aptX): The Clarion CZ505 supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display and support for aptX music streaming.
- Stored Music & Music Apps: You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Clarion CZ505 for playback.
- SBC + aptX Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the CZ505 incorporate the CSR' lossless Bluetooth aptX codec (for Android OS 4.0+) which helps retain sound elements lost during digital compression of audio files, ensuring users the ability to always enjoy high quality sound with wireless convenience.
- Basic Playback Control: You can use the front-panel controls of the CZ505 to operate basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music & music apps; such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track (not compatible with all apps). Advanced music control of your stored music and music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone.
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
CD Compatibility: The Clarion CZ505 in-dash head unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio discs, as well as finalized CD-R and CD-RW audio discs.
- Disc-In-Play-Function: This feature allows you to turn the power to the unit "on" and start playing the disc automatically when the disc is inserted even if the unit is not powered up, as long as the ignition key is turned to the "on" or "acc" position.
- Top Function: The Top Function resets the CD player to the first track of a CD-Audio disc or first track of a folder for an CD-R/RW disc.
- Auto Reload: When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 15 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Note: For proper CD playback you must install the unit within 30° of horizontal.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Clarion CZ505 features a front panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-up cover. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only) or USB thumbdrives. The unit supports playback of MP3 & WMA music files stored on a compatible USB memory device. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: This head unit's USB port does not support newer MTP and AOA enabled Android smartphones including HoneyComb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, Kit Kat, and newer.
Compatible Music Files: The Clarion CZ505 supports the following types of MP3 & WMA files recorded onto CD-R/RW discs or loaded onto a USB thumbdrive or other USB mass storage class devices.
|File System||ISO9660 level 1/2, Joliet||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||
MP3: bit rate of 8-320
kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48kHz
WMA: bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||999 filers per folder/3,000 total files|
|Tags||ID3 tag, WMA tag|
Playback & Search Functions: The CZ505 provides a variety of playback & search functions that help find your music easier and allow you to enjoy your music even more.
- Folder/File Select: This function allows you to select a folder containing MP3/WMA files and start playing from the first track in the folder.
- Scan Play: This function allows you to locate and play the first 10 seconds of all the tracks recorded on a CD or the first 10 seconds of the first track of all the folders on an MP3/WMA disc.
- Repeat Play: This function allows you to play the current track on a disc repeatedly or play a file currently being played in a MP3/WMA folder repeatedly.
- Random Play: This function allows you to play all tracks recorded on a disc or in a folder in a random order.
- Last Position Memory: If you turn off the unit while a disc or USB device is playing, it will resume playback at the stopping point when it is turned on again.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Clarion CZ505's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. Simply use the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone device or a 3rd party Apple certified cable (sold separately). The CZ505 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 94dB. The Clarion head unit supports audio playback of stored music, music apps, and podcasts on your iPod or iPhone.
- Music Control: You can choose to control your iPod/iPhone from
the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen.
- Head Unit: The Clarion head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast. You can search these categories alphabetically (A through Z). The head unit also supports Repeat (file/all) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone.
- Simple Control: In Simple Control mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You can also listen to your favorite music apps from your iPhone (iOS 5.0+) through the Clarion head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate your apps. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode.
- Song/Artist Info: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, and Artist/Artist name. The head unit will also display song/artist information from the Pandora App. It will not display metadata from other streamed apps or when in Simple Control mode.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Clarion CZ505 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 11/3/2015):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Audio||Phone|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Front-Panel Aux Input: The CZ505 feature a front panel 3.5mm auxiliary input so you connect your external portable audio player or portable satellite radio receiver to this head unit. You can set the Auxiliary input sensitivity level to Low, Mid, or High to match the volume output of your connected external audio device.
HD Radio: With the built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Multicasting: Multicasting is the ability to broadcast multiple program streams over a single AM/FM frequency. this increases the amount and diversity of content choices. A maximum of eight multicast station channels (HD1-HD8) can be selected on this unit.
- Station Text: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The built-in HD Radio tuner displays song title, artist and station information on the unit's front-panel LCD.
- Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 18 FM and 6 AM preset stations. The unit's tuner can automatically seek and store six strong stations in a selected band in order of signal strength. Sub-program services of multicast stations are not included in the automatic memory search.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from and HD Radio broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. You can "tag" up to 50 songs. Your iPod/iPhone must have at least 50MB of free space to "tag" and transfer songs. iTunes 7.4 or later is required to purchase "tagged" songs.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Clarion CZ505 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 7.0+), via the cable that came with your iPhone device or a 3rd party Apple certified cable (sold separately). Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- Music Control: The CZ505 provides control over the Pandora music service. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down or bookmark songs/artists that are currently playing.
- Song/Artist Display: The CZ505 will also display your Pandora station's song/artist information such as artist name, song title, and album title.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Clarion CZ505 is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Category Search feature lets you search for channels within a certain genre or category
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- iTunes Tagging for your USB-connected iPod or iPhone
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Clarion CZ505 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the CZ505 are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the CZ505 are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/6Ch RCA Outputs: With 6-Channel 4-Volt RCA Outputs, you are free to add external power amplifiers to create a more powerful, sophisticated audio system. What's more, the 4-volt output assures a pure, high quality signal for your entire sound system. The non-fading subwoofer preamp output features an independent level control (+/-6) and phase adjustment (normal/reverse).
Built-in Crossovers: The Clarion CZ505 is equipped with built-in low-pass and high-pass crossovers.
- Low-Pass Subwoofer Filter: The Low-Pass Filter (LPF) for the subwoofer RCA output will send only the low frequency range through the preamp outputs to ensure superb performance with a connected subwoofer. The low-pass filter can be set to 60Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, or Through (full-range).
- High-Pass Filter: The CZ505 features a High-Pass Filter (HPF) for the unit's front & rear channels, via speaker-output or RCA-output. You can adjust the high-pass filter from 60Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, or Through (full-range). The HPF prevents low bass notes from distorting your front & rear speakers. The high-pass filter setting effects both the front & rear channels of the head unit.
BeatEQ: BeatEQ lets you tune the sound to your liking, depending on the category of music, for a more fulfilling listening experience. The Clarion CD receiver provides 4 preset EQ curves (Bass Boost, Impact, Excite, Off) and 1 custom EQ curve. Bass Boost emphasizes the bass portion of your music; Impact emphasizes the bass & treble portions of your music; Excite emphasizes bass, midrange & treble portions of your music; while Flat sets the bass, midrange, & treble to 0. The Custom EQ lets you freely customize the frequency, Q-factor, and level of the bass, midrange, & treble. BeatEQ settings are applied to all sources.
|BeatEQ (Custom Mode)||Frequency||Q-Factor||Level|
|Bass||50Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz||0.7, 1.0, 1.4, or 2.0||-7 to + 7|
|Midrange||500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz|
|Treble||5kHz, 10khz, 15kHz|
Note: BeatEQ settings are applied to all sources.
Magna Bass EX (Extend): The Magna Bass Extend feature does not adjust the low frequencies like the normal sound adjustment function, but emphasizes the deep bass frequencies to provide you with a dynamic sound. This circuit boosts bass at an ultra-low frequency of about 50Hz, creating a rich, deep, defined bass rather than the muddy, booming bass of a standard loudness control. What is more, boost levels are dependent on the system volume, resulting in balanced system response and dynamic bass reproduction.
Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face Security: This unit features detachable face security to deter theft. No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Variable Color Illumination: The CZ505 is equipped with a high visibility, 728 Variable-Color Illumination LCD that allows numbers and characters to be displayed clearly in all lighting conditions. You can select the exact color you want for the head unit's display and button illumination to match your car's instrument panel or personal preference.
Screen Saver: This unit is provided with a Screen Saver function which allows you to show various kinds of patterns and characters in the operation status indication area of the display in a random order. You can turn this function on or off. If the button operation is performed with the screen saver function "On", the operation display corresponding to the button operation is shown for about 30 seconds and then the display returns to the screen saver display.
Wireless Remote: The Clarion CZ505 comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the in-dash CD receiver. The remote provides music playback & search controls; it does not offer hands-free phone controls for Bluetooth. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 Lithium cell 3-volt battery.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Video Team
Clarion's CZ505 CD receiver lets you upgade the sound in your car and add some cool features, like built-in Bluetooth for music streaming and Pandora control.
Why did you buy this?
I bought a CZ500 a few years back for a previous vehicle and it did everything I needed it to, so I went to buy another one but found out they were no longer being sold. I bought the CZ505 since it's supposed to be an upgraded version of the other stereo. [ Robert Curtis Apr 24, 2017 ]
Past experience with brand and reviews. [ Michael Sep 28, 2016 ]
Clarion was the OEM vendor who made the Factory Honda radio. [ ERIC Jul 15, 2016 ]
Thought it would be a good receiver but keeps losing its fm/am ability and you have to do a factory reset to get it working again. This has happened 3 times with me having to reprogram everything afterwards. Frustrating! [ STEPHAN May 20, 2016 ]
Best selection and service of any audio shop on the web. I've been buying from Crutchfield since before there was a web! They will always get my business. Period. [ Peter Mar 19, 2016 ]
12 questions already asked
To be honest I'm not to sure , its dose more then I expected it would for the price. I'm very please with this unit. O have spent hundreds on different stereo brands but this 1 is well worth the price of a daily driver . I wish I had more info to help your question . Give this unit a shot , just can't go wrong with Clarion or Crutchfield tect support [ CHANCELLOR M Apr 27, 2017 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings/connections on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Kenny Jul 19, 2016 ] Staff
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate and what you will need for installation. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Kenny Jul 09, 2016 ] Staff
You can manually change it between a variety of different colors. It also has a setting where it rotates through colors. [ Anthony Jun 23, 2016 ]
Yes you can change the color and intensity of the chosen color [ bob Jun 21, 2016 ]
As far as I can tell , it runs a random series of different colors. I prefer these setting and enjoy they as well . In haven't tried to change the setting's just yet but there must a way . I hope this is helpful [ CHANCELLOR M Jun 21, 2016 ]
Yes [ DANIEL Jun 20, 2016 ]
You can change it to pretty much any color you want and it will stay that color. [ Andrew Jun 20, 2016 ]
If you buy the syriusxm kit it comes with a magnetized antenna. [ STEPHAN May 10, 2016 ]
To add SiriusXM service to this (or any other SiruisXM capable stereo), you'll need to add the compatible tuner package which comes with the antenna: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV300/item.html I hope that helps! My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan May 09, 2016 ] Staff
1 answer HI, I just purchased a car with this head unit in it and like it however the Bluetooth mic is horrible. I purchased the RCB204 (External mic) for it and seller just replied that it will not work with the CZ505. Is this true? I did a few hours or research and i found a few sites stating you could plug the external mic in the back of unit and use RCB204 mic on it. Can you please confirm ASAP i am able to use or it cannot be done and i just should cancel order?? thanks [ Andre Feb 20, 2016 ]
The research we have on file for the Clarion CZ505 indicates that you can connect the RBC-204 Bluetooth mic into the rear panel 3.5mm input. So that should work just fine for you. I hope that helps. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=159 [ Larry Feb 23, 2016 ] Staff
As far as I can tell it does upconvert from USB, but upconverting can only help so much. It can never make a 128 mp3 sound like a 320 mp3. Just like upconverting a DVD to 4k makes it look better, just never as good as blu-ray or a 4K UHD source. If you want the best digital sound maybe consider a headphone amp with a DAC (cEntrance DACport is my vote) and run it in the aux as full analogue. Unfortunately, they are as much as the CZ505 and you lose the convenience. You best bet is still to rip all your music at the highest rate possible (memory is so cheap now anyway), I use EAC and the LAME encoder '-v0' setting. While the CZ505 has a cd, I wont bring my CDs into my car as it is too difficult to change while driving and I won't protect them by putting them away properly when changing while driving. [ Kruse Jan 25, 2016 ]
No, it doesn't up convert compressed files. It will play the compressed file exactly as it is on the usb drive. [ Steven Jan 25, 2016 ]
I checked the specs and didn't find any mention of up converting. But, I have to say that my higher quality mp3s sound as good as the HD radio. Love the radio. No static no pops, just clear clean sound. I find that I seldom use the CDs. [ Jerry Jan 25, 2016 ]
Actually yes , it can although I do not use an iPhone I use a Motorola HD it charges just fine with axillary and while the engine is running . I hope this information was helpful [ CHANCELLOR M Jan 06, 2016 ]
Yes, my son uses it to charge his I-Phone. [ Jeff Jan 04, 2016 ]
It charges my iphone4s [ bob Jan 04, 2016 ]
Sorry. I haven't installed the radio yet. Its a Christmas present. I'm a little fuzzy on your question. Are you talking about the USB receiver? [ William Nov 23, 2015 ]
If you wire it correctly, yes it does. [ Don Nov 25, 2015 ]
Yes it does..the unit has plenty of features..you're love it [ OLA Nov 21, 2015 ]
Yes the unit auto dims. Just make sure you use the appropriate harness for install to make sure the dimmer wire is hooked up correctly. Works like a charm in a 96 Mercedes I installed in that had the Boss system in it. [ Joshua Nov 20, 2015 ]
Not that I know of. There may be a setting for that. I'm still learning how to use this unit. Nice piece. Still things I've yet to learn. But what I do know and understand, I like this stereo. Very nice. [ TOM Nov 20, 2015 ]
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Nov 13, 2015 ] Staff
Make sure u buy those adapters [ Joshua Nov 10, 2015 ]
Sound quality is great with either hd or standard fm signal. Only issue I have with this radio is I bought two of them for my cars, I had to factory reset them twice already. I don't know why these radios do that. But once I reset them it's back to great listening. Hope that helps. [ Daniel Nov 08, 2015 ]
4 answers I cannot seem to get the dock and bluetooth to play any audio. The radio works fine, and it pairs up with the bluetooth, and shows what's currently playing. I even can charge my phone/ipod with the usb. I just cannot seem to play audio via bluetooth/usb connection. Anyway to get this to work? [ Mike0385 Sep 01, 2015 ]
Make sure that the radio is not in pause mode. Make sure that the volume level on the phone/ipod is in the middle of it's range. I have not experience your problem, my experience was uneventful, just turn on Bluetooth on the phone and it worked. [ Mack Sep 03, 2015 ]
I haven't tried to pair anything via Bluetooth, but I play through my iPod constantly. Honestly, I'm not happy with the stereo. It'll work fine for days, then all of a sudden I can't skip tracks without rebooting the iPod. I've been using Alpine for years and decided to change it up. Bad decision in my opinion. I know I've been no help, if I had the unit in front of me I could probably figure it out. Sorry Mike. Jim [ James Sep 01, 2015 ]
Make sure volume is up on your iPod and the head unit. Cycle through the functions on the clarion by pressing the power button until you reach mp3/Bluetooth function. If this doesn't work, reset the clarion by pressing the button behind the face plate. [ DANIEL Sep 01, 2015 ]
Make sure your volume is turned up on the phone [ roger john Sep 01, 2015 ]