Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Our take on the Clarion NX602 by Crutchfield's Zak Billmeier
Stylish, sophisticated, and a serious performer
Clarion's NX602 navigation receiver looks great in your dash, and gives you tons of road-friendly features. Its 6.2" touchscreen is crisp and bright, and even supports "flick" operation, much like a smartphone. Onscreen icons are animated for an enhanced appearance, and can even be dragged and dropped into whatever configuration suits you.
You'll find your way with spoken, turn-by-turn directions, and the maps really "pop" on this Clarion's display. You can search through 15 million preloaded "points of interest" if you need to find a gas station, restaurant, hotel, or another attraction in unfamiliar territory. And the maps cover all 50 states plus Canada and Puerto Rico, so you know your route is covered.
Hands-free calls and streaming music
Built-in Bluetooth from Parrot lets you talk hands-free on your compatible phone so you can keep your hands on the wheel. When a call comes in, you can tap the screen to answer the call and hear your caller over the speakers. And you can even stream tunes if your phone or other device supports it.
Pandora® Internet radio on the road
Take your Pandora stations with you with — with your iPhone connected, you can run the free Pandora app on your phone and control it from the NX602's touchscreen. You can skip tracks, change stations, and rate songs just like you do online.
Great for your iPod®
Connect your iPod to the rear USB slot, and you'll get touchscreen control over your tunes no adapter required. Add an optional adapter, and you can play videos from your iPod on the 6.2" screen when you're parked.
Crank your tunes, too
Clarion's powerful built-in amp does a great job driving your speaker system. You can choose from four preset tone settings, or make your own using the 3-band parametric equalizer. The subwoofer volume control lets you dial in just the right amount of bass if you've got a sub hooked up. Clarion includes a handy remote for on-the-fly changes.
Movies and more
Enjoy watching DVDs up front while you're parked, or hook up a video screen in the back so the kids can watch movies as you drive — thanks to Clarion's "2-Zone" mode, your backseat gang can watch a video while you and your co-pilot enjoy music up front.
Your options don't end there add an optional satellite radio tuner and get the nearly endless variety of entertainment available from SiriusXM. Or add Clarion's HD Radio™ tuner for sweet digital AM/FM sound quality and the ability to tag tunes for purchasing later on iTunes®. Three sets of 4-volt preamp outputs let you add amps and subs to the mix.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Clarion stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Clarion, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Product is a great but for the price, it does everything I needed. GPS seems to work well, the internal Bluetooth mic works great. I would recommend this product to others.
What's in the Box:
- Navigation multimedia receiver with integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor
- Inserted 8GB microSD card (preloaded with maps)
- 2 Trim rings
- Wiring harness
- Preamp output harness
- Audio/video input harness
- Audio/vide output harness
- Microphone input harness
- Steering wheel remote input harness
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio harness
- HD Radio harness
- 42" USB extension cable (with a female USB type-A port on one end and a proprietary multi-pin connector on other end)
- 19" Minijack AV to composite video/stereo RCA cable (male minijack connector on one end a female RCA jacks on other end)
- GPS antenna (with attached 16.5' cord)
- Remote control
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 8 Counter-sunk ISO screws
- 8 Hex-head ISO screws
- 2 Wire splice taps (Red)
- 3 Self-adhesive wire clamps
- 3M tape
- Cleaning cloth
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guidel/Installation Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Card (US/Canada)
- navigation receiver with AM/FM tuner
- internal amp (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 watts peak x 4 channels)
- 6.2" touchscreen
- fits double-DIN openings
- built-in GPS with maps of 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus 15 million points of interest
- built-in Parrot Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora control for iPhone
- wireless remote
- plays CDs, DVDs, MP3/WMAs on disc, and USB thumb drive
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- built-in iPod control Clarion's optional adapter required for viewing video content
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 4 tone presets
- dual-zone capability
- works with Clarion HD Radio tuner, SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, two A/V inputs (front, rear), rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Clarion NX602 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|AUX Input||3.5mm AV (front)|
|Audio/video Input||3.5mm (f), Composite (r)|
|Android Control||USB MSC protocol + Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||13 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
6.2" Touchscreen TFT Display: The Clarion NX602 has an integrated 6.2" TFT widescreen display with touchscreen controls. The display provides a high-resolution video monitor for watching your DVD videos. The screen has a resolution of 800 x 480 (RGB) and 1,152,000 total pixels. The display features brightness and shape (4:3 or 16:9) adjustment. The unit's touchscreen panel features interactive controls making menu navigation easy.
Note: The unit's 6.2" touchscreen is fixed and not detachable.
Touchscreen GUI with Flick Operation: The GUI (Graphical User Interface) shows large icons that are highly visible and easily recognizable at a glance. Feature icons are animated for an enhanced appearance, and they can be dragged and dropped into different positions to customize the screen. The NX602's touchscreen GUI (Graphical User Interface) supports flick operation, so you can quickly scroll to another menu page. Since the vast majority of functions are controllable from the touchscreen, there are only four physical buttons (including a rotary dial) on the unit for the most basic and commonly-used functions.
Note: A screen cleaning cloth is provided to help you keep the unit's touchscreen display clean.
Start Up Time: The NX602 has a start up time of approximately 16.3 seconds from Off to an audio/video source screen; and another 22.8 seconds to the map screen for a total start up time of approximately 39.1 seconds from Off to the navigation map screen.
Monitor Adjustments: The Clarion NX602 offers the following touchscreen monitor adjustments.
- Wallpaper Backgrounds: The NX602 includes 8 preset wallpaper backgrounds to choose from. You can also download a custom wallpaper background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Brightness: You can adjust the touchscreen monitor's brightness from 0-20.
- Auto Dimmer: The receiver's display automatically dims to a preset brightness when the vehicle's headlights are turned on. The wiring harness includes an orange/white lead that should be connected to the vehicle's parking light circuit in order for the dimmer feature to operate.
- Monitor Off: You can turn the navigation-multimedia head unit's touchscreen monitor off when simply listening to music.
Variable Button Illumination: You can set the head unit's button illumination to 1 of 12 preset colors or have the unit scan through all the preset colors. You can also select three custom user colors by adjusting red, green, and blue values.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the displaying of video while the vehicle is in motion, the bright green wire in the supplied 18-pin harness must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the other displays and menus.
Anti-Theft Code: You may program the unit with a 4 digit security code. Once the unit has been programmed with a security code, the code must be entered to use the unit after it has been disconnected from power.
2-DIN Chassis: The Clarion NX602 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double DIN" or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using your vehicle's factory radio brackets and the supplied hardware. There is also an optional custom double-DIN sleeve (0202DBKT, sold separately) available for this unit that will allow you to mount the NX602 in a custom 4" opening.
Note: As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Navigation Mapping Software: The integrated map database (by TeleAtlas) used by the Clarion NX602 was created using high-resolution aerial and land based data collection. Navigation data is stored on the unit's preloaded 8GB microSD-card for quick access and response. The NX602 provides map coverage of the United States (all 50 states), Canada, and Puerto Rico. The Clarion NX602's integrated iGo Primo navigation software provides turn-by-turn visual and voice assistance to direct you to your selected destination. The built-in software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included navigation map.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: It is easy to keep the navigation system up to date. Simply download new map data from Clarion's portal site (clarion.naviextras.com), store the updated map data on a microSD card and insert it into the Clarion NX602 via the front-panel microSD card slot.
Note: You have 30 days from purchase to download the latest available map free of charge.
GPS (Global Position System): Clarion's built-in navigation helps you find your way to your destination with an integrated GPS receiver & external GPS antenna. The Clarion NX602 features a built-in SiRFprima GPS receiver and includes an external magnetic GPS antenna. The NX602 uses Global Position System (GPS) satellites, and a digital roadway map database to calculate and display vehicle positioning and travel direction. The NX602 considers vehicle speed an heading changes, together with longitude and latitude information, to accurately determine vehicle heading and position on a digital map. Signal from GPS satellites are used to determine the vehicle location. Three (good) or four (best) satellites must be receive to accurately determine location.
Note: This unit does not transmit your GPS position, so others cannot track you.
On-Screen Map: The unit's on-screen map shows your vehicle's current position (a red arrow by default), the recommended route (an orange line), the surrounding map area, and your destination as a checkered flag. The on-screen map shows streets, roads, and highways in a way that is similar to how a paper road map show them. A road's width and colors corresponds to their importance, so you can easily tell a freeway from a small street. When navigating a route, the top section of the map screen shows information about your next route maneuver and the next street or the next city/town. When approaching a turn, the map screen will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the next turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you. The map also displays data; such as the posted speed limit, your current speed, current time, distance to your destination, time left before you reach your destination, and your arrival time.
- 2D/3D Map Mode: The Clarion NX602 allows you to view its on-screen map in a 2D (two-dimensional) or 3D (three-dimensional) view. Similar to paper road maps, the 2D mode, shows you streets, roads, and elevation by color. In 3D mode, you can see the altitude and elevations differences. You can distinguish between valleys, mountains, and elevated roads. In selected cities 3D landmarks and 3D buildings are also displayed.
- Color Mode: The navigation map screen uses different color themes (Day/Night) during the day and during the night for both the map and the menu screen. Daytime colors are similar to paper road maps, and the menus are bright. The nigh color themes use dark colors for large objects to keep the average brightness of the screen low. You can also set the navigation unit to switch between daytime and night color modes automatically based on the current time and GPS position.
Lane Information & Signposts: The Clarion NX602's navigation map offers helpful lane information & signpost guidance.
- Lane Information: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings cannot distract you.
Audible Alerts: The Clarion NX602 offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance (Text-to-Speech): In addition to graphic directions, the NX602 provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions. You can select from English, French, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese audible languages. The volume of the voice prompts can be increased with increases in speed to overcome road noise. Voice guidance can be turned off if you prefer.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The NX602 provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Where Am I?: This screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for POIs nearby.
Find Menu: The Find Menu gives you many different ways to choose your destination or insert a waypoint in your current route. An on-screen keyboard appears to allow you to enter your destination from one of the following categories:
|Find on Map||Search for a destination by scrolling the map display.|
|Home||Store and easily recall your home address.|
|Find Address||Enter full/partial address, or Search for a city (central location), or Search for the intersection of two roads.|
|Find Places||Search for over 15,000,000 points-of-interest (POIs) by name, phone #, or category; search near your current location, in a specific city, along your current route, or near your destination.|
|Favorites||Store your favorite locations for easy recall.|
|History||Destinations that you have set previously|
|Coordinates||Enter geographic coordinates (latitude & longitude).|
|Phone Number||Select a destination by entering phone #.|
|Photo||Select locations from geotagged JPEG photos from an inserted USB or SD/SDHC memory device.|
|Waypoints||You can add intermediate destinations along your main route.|
Route Calculation: The Clarion NX602 calculates your route based on your Vehicle Type, Route Method, and Avoidances.
- Vehicle Type: You select what type of vehicle you are driving, so the navigation unit can determine the best route based on your vehicle type (Car, Truck, Emergency, Bus, or Taxi).
- Route Method: You can
choose which route method (Fastest, Shortest, Green, Economical, or Easy) the navigation
unit should use when calculating your route.
- Fastest: give a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Green: gives a quick, but full efficient route based on the fuel consumption data you provide
- Economical: combines the benefits of Fast and Short; calculates as if it were calculating the Fast route, but it takes other roads as well to save fuel
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Trip Logs: Trip logs contain useful information about your trip. Trip logs can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip log data includes - Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
Automatic Route Recalculation: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you stray from the navigation unit's previously calculated route.
Route Simulation: You can preview all the route information and simulate travel along a projected route.
Bluetooth Technology (powered by Parrot): The Clarion NX602 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 2.0+EDR (powered by Parrot), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit.
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the NX602. You can register up to five Bluetooth enabled cell-phones with the Clarion in-dash head unit (only one paired phone can be used at a time). The Clarion NX602 is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone.
Note: The Clarion NX602 is not compatible with all Bluetooth enabled phones or audio players. Visit Clarion Bluetooth Support for complete list of compatible phones and players.
Hands-Free Communication: The NX602 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The NX602 can be set to automatically answer your incoming calls and mute any music audio to your vehicle's speakers so you can instantly carry on a phone conversation hands-free. An integrated front-panel microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can make a call by entering the phone number, selecting a contact from your Phonebook list, or using the Call History Log of received/dialed/missed calls.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Clarion
in-dash head unit's front-panel controls.
- Direct Dial: Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers (0-9, *, #, +) directly via the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook: You can search for contact names in your mobile phone's phonebook from the Clarion NX602 and then make your call. The head unit can store up to 500 contact numbers.
- Call Log: You can also make a call by searching your mobile phone's call history (Received/Dialed/Missed) from the Clarion NX602.
- Redial: You can simply redial the last number dialed with a press of a single button on the in-dash head unit.
Integrated Microphone: The Clarion NX602 features an integrated front-panel microphone to carry on your side of a conversation during a Bluetooth phone call. You can adjust the microphone gain (+/-5) for each paired mobile phone device.
External Microphone (optional): The Clarion RCB-199 (020RCB199, sold separately) is an external microphone which can be connected to Clarion NX602. The RCB-199 external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of the head unit. The microphone features an attached 13.25' cord terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector which plugs into the microphone input on the rear-chassis of your compatible Clarion head unit. The microphone also features an integrated sun-visor clip for mounting the external microphone in your vehicle. The integrated bracket allows the microphone to swivel left-to-right and rotate up-or-down.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Clarion NX602 also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The NX602 will be able to control your stored music's basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Fast-Forward/Reverse. The NX602 also supports audio streaming of music apps from your smartphone, but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view & control streaming music apps. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Note: The iPhone 5 only offers Bluetooth audio streaming without control or metadata display.
AM/FM Tuner: The Clarion NX602 is equipped with a built-in AM/FM tuner. The NX602 offers Seek, Manual, and Preset tuning.
Preset Tuning: The NX602's built-in AM/FM tuner features 3 FM bands and 1 AM band. You can store up to 6 presets in each bands, allowing you to store 24 FM and 12 AM preset stations. You can manually store your favorite presets or have the NX602 automatically store the strongest stations for you.
Preset Scan: The Preset Scan receives the stations stored in the units' preset memory in order. The unit scans each station for 10 seconds sequentially. This function is useful when searching for the desired station in memory.
Local Seeking: When Local seeking is turned "On", only those radio stations with strong radio signal can be received.
HD Radio Ready: Connecting the optional Clarion THD301 HD Radio tuner lets you enjoy listening to digitally broadcast radio programs with superior sound quality and text information (such as artist name and song titles or traffic news; viewable on the head unit's display). HD Radio technology, where available, offers higher quality sound than conventional analog broadcasts and receives text data. HD Radio provides FM broadcasts that are equal to CD sound quality and AM broadcasts that are as good as analog FM stereo broadcasts. HD Radio also provides a variety of data, including station name, song title, artist name, album name, etc. No subscription fees required.
Note: Right now there are about 2,000 radio stations broadcasting using digital HD Radio technology in the U.S. To find HD Radio stations in your area, visit the HD Radio website (HDRadio.com).
SiriusXM Ready: The Clarion NX602 comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM & Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Category Search feature lets you search for channels within a certain genre or category
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Artist/Song Alert notifies you when your favorite artist or song is playing
- Replay feature lets you pause, fast-forward, or rewind up to 30 minutes of live content
- iTunes Tagging for your connected iPod or iPhone
- Channels containing content unsuitable for children can be blocked
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on XM Network. If you already have a Sirius Satellite Radio subscription, this radio cannot be added as a discounted second unit. If you have an existing XM Satellite Radio subscription, you can add this unit as a discounted second unit.
Disc Compatibility: The Clarion NX602 has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier, because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The NX602 supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW discs.
USB Port: The Clarion navigation-multimedia head unit features a USB type-A port (with included 42" USB extension cable) that allows you to connect and play USB Mass Storage devices loaded with music or video files.
SD-Card Slot: The Clarion NX602 is equipped with a front-panel SD-card slot for playback of music or video files stored on a SD or SDHC memory card.
Compressed Media Playback: The Clarion NX602 supports compressed music and video playback from disc, USB, or SD/SDHC. Files recorded on disc must be in ISO 9660 Level 1 or 2 format, while files stored on a USB device or SD/SDHC memory card must be formatted in FAT 12/16/32. The head unit can recognize up to 999 files per folder and 6,000 total files.
- Music Files: This unit can play MP3 (8-320 kbps/VBR)/WMA (8-320 kbps) files recorded on CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW discs; as well as stored on a USB mass storage class device or a SD/SDHC memory card. AAC music file playback is supported from USB devices and SD/SDHC memory cards.
- Video Files: The Clarion NX602 supports playback of video files (AVI/MP4/MPG/MPEG) recorded on DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs, as well as stored on a USB mass storage class device or SD/SDHC memory card. The video file must have a resolution of 480 x 272.
ID3/WMA Tags: The head unit also supports ID3 Tags (Ver. 1.0, 1.1, 2.3, 2.4) and WMA tag which will display the title, artist, and album information when recorded on the disc, USB device, or SD/SDHC memory card.
Playback Operations: The Clarion NX602 offers the following DVD and CD playback operations -
- Track List: This function allows you to select audio tracks from a displayed list of tracks on a disc or within in a folder.
- Direct Search : You can locate the beginning of a movie scene using the time, chapter numbers, or title numbers recorded on a DVD video disc. You can also select a specific track on a music disc.
- Skip Search: Chapters or Tracks are skipped down or up from the current location, as many times as the key is pressed, and then playback starts.
- Fast Forward/Rewind : The NX602 offers a variable fast forward and rewind function. You can select between 2x, 4x, 8x, or 16x.
- Scan: The first 10 seconds of each music track on the disc is played.
- Repeat: This operation plays back chapters, titles, or tracks recorded on a disc repeatedly. You can also select A-B repeat in order to repeat a desired passage of video on DVD disc.
- Shuffle: This function allows you to randomly playback audio tracks or files recorded on a disc.
Switching Angles: On DVD disc in which video images have been recorded in two or more angle, you can switch among the angles during playback.
Parental Lock: You can set and change the level of parental lock. This function allows cutting scenes that are unfavorable for children or replacing them automatically with other scenes prepared in advance. There are 5 levels of parental lock that are protected by a custom user 4-digit password.
Off Eject: You can eject a disc with the unit off. You cannot insert a disc with the unit off.
Auto Reload: If a disc is left in the ejected position for 15 seconds, the disc is automatically reloaded.
Mounting Angle: For proper disc playback, you must install the unit within 30-degrees of horizontal.
iPod/iPhone AV Playback: The Clarion NX602 navigation-multimedia head unit supports both audio/video playback from a compatible iPod or iPhone. Using your iPod or iPhone's USB/Dock cable you can enjoy audio playback of music, podcasts, and audiobooks stored on your iPod or iPhone. Using the optional Clarion CCA-748 iPod/iPhone connector cable (020CCA748, both sold separately), you can also enjoy video playback of movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos stored on your iPod or iPhone. The Clarion CCA-748 iPod/iPhone connector cable plugs into the unit's rear-panel USB port and rear-panel AV input.
Note: Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park (with the parking brake engaged). "Audio Only" is displayed when the vehicle is moving.
iPod/iPhone DAC Bypass: Because the Clarion NX602 uses its USB connection for audio & control transfer, your iPod/iPhone's stored music is loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality is maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 93B.
iPod Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen.
- Head Unit: The Clarion head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Song, Album, Genre, Composer, Audiobook, or Podcast. You can browse your iPod/iPhone's video content by Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, or Rental. You can search these categories alphabetically (A-Z). The head unit also supports Repeat (file/all) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone.
- Simple Control: In Simple Control mode, you can
navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or
touchscreen. You can also listen to your favorite music apps (such as
Slacker) from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Clarion head unit
and your vehicle's speakers. You will continue to use your iPhone's
touchscreen to navigate your apps. Not all apps will be compatible with App
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Clarion NX602 using your connected Apple iPhone, via the USB/Dock cable supplied with your iPhone. The Clarion NX602 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information; as well as Album Art. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). Or, you can create a new station from the current playing artist or song. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS3 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album Art. The head unit will also display song/artist information and Album Art from the Pandora App. It will not display metadata from other streamed apps or when in Simple Control mode.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Clarion NX602 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 4/10/2012):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Pandora App||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
24-bit D/A Converter: The unit's 24-bit D/A converter re-quantizes the 16-bit audio signals from CDs and DVDs as 24-bit data while maintaining the low distortion and high linearity of a 1-bit D/A converter. This allows an expanded dynamic range and clearer reproduction of subtle nuances, for a richer sound when viewing DVDs or listening to CDs.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Clarion NX602 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the NX602 are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the NX602 are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 18watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
6ch/4V RCA Output: The Clarion NX602 features 6ch/4V RCA line level outputs (Front/Rear/Sub). The non-fading subwoofer preamp output features an independent level control (0-14) and phase adjustment (normal/reverse).
Note: You can turn the NX602's built-in amplifier off to improve the quality of the sound from the head unit's preamp outputs.
Built-in Crossovers: The Clarion NX602 is equipped with built-in low-pass and high-pass crossovers.
- Low-Pass Subwoofer Filter: The Low-Pass Filter (LPF) for the subwoofer preamp output will send only the low frequency range through the preamp outputs to ensure superb performance with a connected subwoofer. The low-pass filter can be set to 62Hz, 95Hz, 135Hz, or Through (full-range).
- High-Pass Filter: The NX602 features a High-Pass Filter (HPF) for the unit's front & rear channels, via speaker-output or preamp-output. You can adjust the high-pass filter from 55Hz, 85Hz, 120Hz, or Through (full-range). The HPF prevents low bass notes from distorting your front & rear speakers. The high-pass filter setting effects both the front & rear channels of the head unit.
BeatEQ: BeatEQ lets you tune the sound to your liking, depending on the category of music, for a more fulfilling listening experience. The Clarion CD receiver provides 4 preset EQ curves (Bass Boost, Impact, Excite, Off) and 1 custom EQ curve. Bass Boost emphasizes the bass portion of your music; Impact emphasizes the bass & treble portions of your music; Excite emphasizes bass, midrange & treble portions of your music; while Flat sets the bass, midrange, & treble to 0. The Custom EQ lets you freely customize the frequency, Q-factor, and level of the bass, midrange, & treble.
|BeatEQ (Custom Mode)||Frequency||Q-Factor||Level|
|Bass||50Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz||0.7, 1, 1.4, 2.0||-7 to + 7 dB|
|Midrange||500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz|
|Treble||5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz|
Note: BeatEQ settings are applied to all sources.
Magna Bass EX (Extend): The Magna Bass Extend feature does not adjust the low frequencies like the normal sound adjustment function, but emphasizes the deep bass frequencies to provide you with a dynamic sound. This circuit boosts bass at an ultra-low frequency of about 50Hz, creating a rich, deep, defined bass rather than the muddy, booming bass of a standard loudness control. What is more, boost levels are dependent on the system volume, resulting in balanced system response and dynamic bass reproduction.
Dual AV Inputs: The Clarion NX602 is equipped with AV input terminals on the front and rear of the unit to enable enjoyment of content from an external connected source. The rear composite video/stereo RCA inputs are ideal for permanent installations, while the front AV mini-jack (3.5mm) input will come in handy for quick connection of a portable audio/visual source.
Audio/Video Output (with Dual Zone): The NX602 features a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA audio output that allows you to connect an external display and headphone system in the rear of your vehicle. You can playback audio/video content from a Disc, iPod/iPhone, or AV 1/2 Input on a rear-seat monitor system; while viewing a different audio/video source on the navigation-multimedia head unit.
Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear-view back-up camera. This RCA input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. The increased view encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (purple/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.0 seconds.
Note: Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Wireless Remote Control: In addition to the unit's touchscreen and hard-key controls, the NX602 comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the navigation-multimedia receiver and your connected devices. The remote control operates off of a single CR2025 Lithium-cell 3V battery (included).
OEM Remote Ready: The unit also features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit to allow you to keep your vehicle's radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (541SWIRC, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
11 questions already asked
I checked with an Advisor and they stated: The Clarion NX602 is not compatible with all Bluetooth enabled phones or audio players. Visit Clarion Bluetooth Support for complete list of compatible phones and players. [ Krissy Feb 19, 2014 ] Staff
The ability to retain steering wheel controls with aftermarket receivers will be determined by the receiver you are using and the vehicle you have. For full information on this type of integration (including the parts you will need) please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Jeff Feb 14, 2014 ] Staff
It does allow you to choose routes that avoid tolls. Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries. [ Jeff Feb 14, 2014 ] Staff
Yes [ ROBERT Feb 15, 2014 ]
Yes. But honestly its kinda distorted. I ordered the external add on Mic and works way better [ FRED Feb 15, 2014 ]
Yes . And it is of very good quality [ RODNEY K. Feb 15, 2014 ]
yes it was...also has remote if needed. I elected not to use remote works just fine so far [ REINALDO Feb 14, 2014 ]
Yea its built in, pretty clear too [ GREG Feb 14, 2014 ]
Yes, but I have a problem with my unit. They can hear me fine but I can't hear them. Have not contacted support yet about it so don't know if it's a defect or an install problem. [ Andrew Feb 14, 2014 ]
Yes there is a built in Mic on the nx602. I have made several calls thru Bluetooth and I have been told the sound quality was good. I have only had this unit for a couple weeks....but so far I have no complaints. Great unit for the price! [ SCOTT A Feb 14, 2014 ]
Yes [ SARTAJ S Feb 14, 2014 ]
Yes, it is neat top left on head unit. [ Terry Feb 14, 2014 ]
Yes [ Sam Feb 14, 2014 ]
With respect to using a cell phone, yes, I believe it is. I did not do anything special with regard to hooking up the cell phone other than linking it and I can hear the caller and they can hear me. [ Pedro Feb 14, 2014 ]
SXV200V1 SiriusXM vehicle tuner is all you need. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV200/SiriusXM-SXV200V1-Tuner.html They expect you to mount its antenna on the exterior of the car, as placing it under metal will block the signal, but I was able to locate it next to the third brake light in a plastic (transparent to radio signals) roof panel of my vehicle for a totally invisible install. Some people mount it on their dash but often experience signal loss when driving north. I don't know whether it will fit under the factory XM wart on the roof of the vehicle. If you forget to record the radio ID from the satellite tuner before you install it, you can retrieve it from this head unit in the SiriusXM options. Also, if you are switching radios (i.e. had subscription with oem SiriusXM), SiriusXM will waive the $15 or $25 transfer fee for your first radio transfer. I didn't even have to ask. [ Mark Feb 07, 2014 ]
I purchsed the V200 SiriusXM satellite vehicle tuner [ Raymond Feb 06, 2014 ]
All you need is the Sirius/XM module that crutch field sells. It comes with a magnetic antenna. [ BRIAN Feb 02, 2014 ]
I don't know. I am not using the satellite radio. The crutchfield guys could probably tell you. [ ANDREW Feb 02, 2014 ]
You need an satellite receiver module with a separate antenna that plug to this receiver. [ ANTHONY Feb 01, 2014 ]
The ability to retain steering wheel controls with aftermarket receivers will be determined by the receiver you are using and the vehicle you have. For full information on this type of integration (including the parts you will need) please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Jan 27, 2014 ] Staff
Garret, I never got a chance to use the navigation. Returned it for a Pioneer unit which is working fine. Good luck, Greg [ GREGORY Jan 31, 2014 ]
Hi, Garrett, Sorry for the slow answer. The NX602 does have 3d, two different angles including a higher view 3d angle as well as showing buildings. It also has the lane info that includes actual number of lanes on the freeway and which specific lane to be in for an off-ramp. The lanes are indicated with the standard green overhead signs just like on the freeway and the arrow of the lane you should be in is highlighted. Very well designed in my opinion and extremely accurate so far! Hopefully this helps, I am very pleased with this head unit. Tom [ tom Jan 09, 2014 ]
Garrett unfortunately I have not been able to get the GPS to work properly. It may just be my unit, but it does not accurately calculate my location or direction. Sorry I am not much help. The other features are pretty good, sound is much better than factory, touch screen is responsive, phone sync worked with Samsung, and movies look good. The dealer who installed said I should have paid the extra money and went with a Pioneer. I am not sure what to do if the GPS does not work. [ GREGORY Jan 07, 2014 ]
Yes [ Sam Jan 05, 2014 ]
Yes Scott, The colors can be changed and it is infinitely adjustable, or you can have it change continually through the colors. [ tom Jan 09, 2014 ]
There are about 10 colors to choose from. Easy to do and can check between all of them. [ GREGORY Jan 07, 2014 ]
Go to Clarion's website. They probably have additional details or an online user manual. [ MARQUES Dec 31, 2013 ]
Yes, push the volume button to access all of the display features [ ALAN Dec 30, 2013 ]
yes it will need the apple adapter for it though [ CODY Dec 24, 2013 ]
Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear-view back-up camera. This RCA input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. The increased view encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (purple/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.0 seconds. [ Jeff Dec 18, 2013 ] Staff
yes it comes with wires and adapters for your plug ins. Easy to install. [ TIM Dec 19, 2013 ]