Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Clarion ProAudio VRX755VD
DVD/MP3 receiver with 7" LCD monitor
Our take on the Clarion ProAudio VRX755VD by Crutchfield's Matt Freeman
The key to Clarion's VRX755VD is variety. For starters, it'll play your standard and home-burned CDs and DVDs. Next, it offers up MP3 playback, so you can enjoy the hours of music files you've burned on disc, plus see all track and artist information on the display. Then the receiver gives you a wide range of controls, inputs, and outputs, so you can expand your system to your heart's content.
It all begins with the 7" motorized, retractable Optimedia LCD. It offers up a beautiful display for your videos, plus convenient touchscreen system controls. And it's coated with a special finish that keeps fingerprints and smudges at bay. When the monitor's retracted, you can still operate the system and see what's going on, thanks to the handy secondary display and set of controls. And when it's time to load a disc, simply press a button and the detachable control panel flips down to expose the DVD/CD slot.
Built-in satellite radio controls give you the option of connecting a SIRIUS tuner (an antenna and subscription are also required), so you can dive into over 120 channels of music, sports (including the entire NFL), news, talk, entertainment, and more.
CeNet controls give you the option of adding a Clarion DVD or CD changer to the mix, too. The VRX755VD also features a set of audio/video inputs, so you can connect an extra mobile video component, like a videocassette player, and enjoy even more video formats. A set of audio/video outputs lets you connect an extra monitor and a set of wireless headphones for the folks in the backseat. All you have to do is engage dual-zone mode, and you can listen to one source in front while the passengers in back entertain themselves with a movie.
And here's a big kicker: the VRX755VD works with Clarion's iPod adapter. The adapter itself offers single-cable connection of your iPod to the receiver. All iPod functions are controlled by the receiver; in fact, the touchscreen control interface is inspired by the iPod, so you'll be able to scroll through your folders and files without missing a beat. The adapter also charges the iPod's battery, so when you reach your destination, it'll be charged up and ready to go!
No matter what source you listen to, your music and movie soundtracks will all sound great. The 24-bit digital-to-analog converters render the sound with tremendous clarity, while Magna Bass EX and the 3-band parametric equalizer let you sculpt the sound around your vehicle's acoustics for perfect playback every time.
For music and movies that play with real authority, the VRX755VD pumps out plenty of power. And if you'd like to add even more muscle to the mix, you can connect external amplifiers to the three sets of preamp outputs.
Great head unit. Easy to install and fun unit. Opens nice and quickly and sounds great. Might have been been one of the nicest installs I have done. Easy to use and figure out! Fits alsome with my 85 Trans Am.
CrazyL, Washington Township, New Jersey
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD/DVD receiver with 7" LCD monitor
- Trim ring
- Detachable control panel
- Hard plastic control panel case
- Wireless remote control (RCB173)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Face fixing screw
- Wiring harness (with in-line 15A fuse on constant power wire)
- 2 DIN springs (installed)
- 2 Hook plates (radio removal tools)
- Mounting bolt
- 4" Wire tie
- Rubber cap
- Electro tap (plastic wire splice)
- 4 Countersunk ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 5 Hex bolts (M5 x 8mm)--each with a flat washer
- 4 Machine screws (M4 x 3mm)
- Silica gel packet
- Owner's Manual/Instruction Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty Information
- Caution concerning disc insertion
- DVD/CD/MP3 receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/53 peak x 4 channels)
- motorized, retractable 7" LCD video monitor with touchscreen controls
- detachable control panel with secondary display and controls
- plays DVDs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, MP3 discs, and CD Video
- 3-band parametric EQ
- Magna Bass EX
- 24-bit D/A converters
- one set of audio/video inputs
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready (you can add satellite radio for under $100, plus subscription)
- compatibility with Clarion iPod interface adapter
- CD/DVD changer and TV tuner controls
- one set of audio/video outputs
- dual-zone mode
- 3 sets of preamp outputs
- digital output for connection to optional surround processor
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- wireless remote
- DVD/CD signal-to-noise ratio 100 dB
- FM sensitivity 9 dBf
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Clarion ProAudio VRX755VD Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||53 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red or Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Motorized 7" Touch Panel TFT Display: The Clarion VRX755VD has a motorized 7" TFT wide screen display with touch panel controls. The display is also a high-resolution video monitor for watching your DVD videos. The screen has a resolution of 1440 x 234 and 336,960 total pixels.
Detachable Control Panel: To prevent theft, the control button section can be detached with a release key. A hard plastic control panel case is supplied for storing the detached panel.
Touch Panel Controls: This unit has touch panel controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. An on-screen numeric keypad allows you to directly access radio frequencies, and DVD/CD/MP3 discs, chapters, folders, and tracks. The touch-screen surface is treated to resist dust and grime.
Display Angle and Position Adjustment: You can adjust the display's angle for better visibility. The display can be adjusted to one of five angles: 70°, 80°, 90°, 100°, or 110°.
Self-Contained Unit: The VRX755VD contains all the components, inputs and outputs, and motorized retractable monitor in a single DIN-sized unit. There is no hideaway box.
Dimmer Feature: When the orange/white illumination wire of this unit receives power (i.e. when you turn the vehicle's lights on), the display will dim to a preset level. You can independently adjust the brightness of the display from 1 to 58 units with and without the vehicle's lights on.
Front Panel Display: In addition to the 7" touch-panel monitor, the VRX755VD has a front panel display which can be used when the monitor is retracted. The display provides you with all information relative to the entertainment source in use, such as CD playback time, radio station information, or clock display. The detachable panel flips down revealing the disc loading slot.
Sirius Satellite Radio Controls: This unit can control the optional Clarion Sirius Satellite tuner (item # 020SIRCL2, sold separately). The optional tuner, along with an antenna and subscription, will allow you to receive Sirius Satellite Radio. You can preset up to 18 Sirius channels, 6 for each of 3 bands.
iPod-Ready: With the optional CCA649 iPod connecting cable, you can power, charge, and fully control your Apple iPod digital music player. When in the iPod mode, a special iPod display appears, giving you control of all of the player's functionality. Note: The unit is compatible with third generation iPods (version 2.2), fourth generation iPods (versions 3.01 and 3.02), and iPod Mini (version 1.2). First and second generation iPods are not compatible.
Clarion CeNET TV Tuner Control: This unit is capable of controlling Clarion's TTX7501Z CeNET TV tuner.
Clarion CeNET Multi-channel Processor Control: This unit has a fiber optic output allowing you to connect and control (via a CeNet cable) the optional Clarion DVH940 Dolby Digital/DTS/Dolby Pro Logic II audio processor.
3-Band Parametric EQ: This unit has a built-in 3-band parametric equalizer. You can make several adjustments to each band:
- Gain: -12dB to +16dB (in 2dB increments)
- Center Frequency: 50Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz
- Q: 1, 1.25, 1.5, or 2
- Gain: -12dB to +12dB (in 2dB increments)
- Center Frequency: 700Hz, 1kHz, or 2kHz
- Q: 1.5 or 2
- Gain: -12dB to +12dB (in 2dB increments)
- Center Frequency: 8kHz or 12kHz
Magna Bass EX: To emphasize the deep bass sounds, you can activate the Magna Bass EX effect. Allowing you to boost the ultra-low frequency range of your sound system with a center frequency of around 50Hz, this feature automatically compensates for the increased bass to eliminate any unwanted noise. M-B EX can be turned on or off in the menu.
Source Titling: Titles, up to 10 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for radio stations, TV stations, CDs, and individual discs in a connected changer. A maximum of 30 titles may be entered for the tuner mode, up to 15 titles may be entered for TV tuner mode, and up to 50 titles may be entered for CDs (played in the unit). In CD changer mode, you may enter 100 CD titles when using the DCZ625 or CDC655Tz, 60 titles when using the CDC655z, or 50 titles when using the CDC1255z changer.
Magi-Tune+ Tuner: For enhanced FM performance, the VRX755VD's Magi-Tune+ tuner includes signal-actuated stereo control, Enhanced Multi AGC, Impulse noise reduction circuits, and Multipath noise reduction circuits.
Amplifier Bypass: You can bypass the built-in amplifier so the audio signal can be routed to an external amp in its purest state. This prevents any noise or distortion from being introduced by the internal circuitry.
Instant Station Recall (ISR): In addition to the 18 FM and 6 AM presets, you can preset a single favorite radio station to the ISR button. The Instant Station Recall feature allows you to access the preset station at any time, even if the DVD/CD player, CD changer, satellite radio receiver, or TV tuner is active.
24-bit D/A Converter: The unit's 24-bit D/A converter re-quantizes the 16-bit audio signals from CDs and DVDs as 24-bit data while maintaining the low distortion and high linearity of a 1-bit D/A converter. This allows an expanded dynamic range and clearer reproduction of subtle nuances, for a richer sound when viewing DVDs or listening to CDs.
MP3 Playback: This unit can play MP3 files recorded on CD-R discs in ISO9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. Each disc should have a maximum of 8 directory levels and a maximum of 255 folders and 512 total files.
Top Play Button: Pressing the "Top" button while a CD or DVD is playing will start the disc playing from track/chapter 1 again. During MP3 playback, the Top function will start playback at the first file in the currently playing folder. When in CD Changer mode, the Top Function starts playback from the beginning of the currently playing disc.
Dual-Zone Capability: The VRX755VD includes a 2-Zone switcher that allows rear seat passengers to enjoy a separate audio/video program on an optional rear monitor screen, while the front seat passengers enjoy a completely separate source. The audio for the 2nd zone is output by the non-fading preamp outputs; when the 2-Zone function is used, the non-fading preouts are typically connected to a wireless headphone system. When the 2-Zone function is on, you can select from the following sources:
- Main Zone (front): Radio tuner, Sirius tuner (optional), internal DVD, CD changer (optional), DVD changer (optional), TV tuner (optional), Visual (optional source connected to A/V input), or iPod (optional). Sources are selected on the face of the main unit.
- Sub Zone (rear): Sources
are selected by the supplied remote control.
- If no iPod is connected: internal DVD, Visual input
- If iPod is connected: internal DVD only
CCD Camera Compatible: You can connect a compatible Clarion CCD camera to this unit, however, it must be connected through an optional TV tuner. You cannot connect the camera directly to this unit.
Telephone Mute: This unit includes a triggered audio mute for cellular telephones. The brown wire in the supplied wiring harness must be properly connected in order for the receiver to mute when a cellular phone call is received.
Touch Screen Controls: During DVD play, you can control the playback with a touch screen control pad. You can navigate through menus using an on-screen "cross-key" pad, or directly select a chapter using an on-screen number pad.
Scan Play: This feature allows you to play the first 10 seconds of each chapter on a DVD.
Slow Motion: When playing a DVD, you may move forward through the program being played in slow motion. Slow motion playback cannot be performed in reverse.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles. Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
DVD System Settings:
- Display Size: allows you to select Full Wide (F.Wide), Cinema, Normal or Wide Mode for both 4:3 and 16:9 images.
- Angle Mark Display: can be turned on or off. When this feature is turned on, an angle mark display appears on the screen for scenes that were shot at different angles.
- Disc Menu Language: allows you to select English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean as the disc menu language
- Audio Language: allows you to select English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean as the audio language
- Subtitle Language: allows you to select English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese or Korean as the subtitle language
- Parental Lock:
- Password: set the 4-digit password for enabling/disabling parental controls
- Country Code: set the country code for parental controls
- Parental Level: select the level of restrictions for parental controls
CeNET Compatibility: This unit can control compatible CeNET CD, MD, and DVD changers.
Multiple Changer Control: Using an optional Y-adapter (item 020CCA519), this unit can control two CeNET changers.
C-Bus Compatibility: Item 020RCB138 (sold separately) allows this CeNET unit to control a 6-disc C-Bus changer. The RCB138 adapter is for 6-disc changers only and cannot be used with C-Bus 12-disc changers, 18-disc changers, processors or TV tuners.
No Hideaway Unit: Unlike many in-dash DVD monitor units, the VRX755VD has no hideaway unit--all inputs and outputs are located on the back of the in-dash unit.
Rear Panel Inputs and Outputs: The unit features the following connections:
- Fiber Optic Output: The unit has an optical digital output for connecting an optional compatible Dolby Digital/DTS decoder, such as the DVH940. (The Ce-Net cable also needs to be connected for control purposes.)
- iPod Connector: The optional CCA649 iPod adapter connects to the head unit's 10-pin DIN connector.
- Visual Input Terminal: For connecting an optional stand alone DVD or VHS player, the unit provides female RCA jacks for left and right audio and composite video inputs.
- Video Output: A single female RCA composite video output jack is provided for sending video signals to optional rear monitors.
- TV Tuner Input: A single female RCA composite video input jack allows you to connect a compatible Clarion TV Tuner. You will also need to connect the tuner via the Ce-Net input.
- DVD Changer Input: A single female RCA composite video input jack is provided for connecting a compatible Clarion DVD changer. For control purposes, the changer must also be connected via the Ce-Net input.
- Preamp Outputs: The unit is equipped with three pairs of stereo female RCA jacks for connecting to external amplifiers (front, rear, non-fading/2-Zone). When the 2-Zone function is used, the non-fading preamp outputs pass the 2nd zone audio signals.
- CeNet Terminal: A square multi-pin jack allows you to connect a Clarion CeNet DVD or CD changer, audio processor, TV tuner or Sirius satellite receiver.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.