Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
DVD/CD/MP3 Receiver/Motorized 7" Wide Screen Video Monitor
Our take on the Clarion VRX925VD
You'll point your way to multimedia control with the easy-to-use touch panel of Clarion's VRX925VD DVD/CD/MP3 receiver. The fully-motorized 7" wide screen display is also a high-resolution video monitor for watching your DVD videos.
Everything you need for a knockout mobile A/V system (except speakers) is included with the VRX925VD: plenty of high power for great sound from your DVDs, CDs, and MP3 files on CD-R, the MagiTune+® tuner for excellent AM/FM reception, Clarion's Beat EQ to fine-tune the tone contour of each source, and Sirius Satellite Radio controls so you can upgrade to 100 channels of digital entertainment.
Four-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs send a hot signal to optional component amps and subs for clean, punchy audio playback. A fiber optic output lets you connect an optional Dolby Digital/DTS decoder for home theater-style sound in your vehicle.
A full-function wireless remote is included for system control.Details:
- partially detachable face
- motorized 7" touch panel TFT display
- Magi-Tune+ tuner
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- Sirius Satellite Radio controls (Sirius Radio subscription, tuner, and antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal) service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
- dual 24-bit D/A converters
- plays DVD videos, CDs, CD-Rs & MP3 files on CD-R
- Beat EQ with 3 presets (Bass Boost, Impact, and Excite) plus a 3-band equalizer
- 4-volt front/rear/subwoofer preamp outputs
- CD changer controls
- CD Text decoding and MP3 ID-3 tag display
- TV tuner & DVD controls
- station naming for 30 radio stations and 15 TV stations
- fiber optic output for optional Dolby Digital/DTS decoder
- dual-zone audio capability
- wireless remote
- hideaway module dimensions: 8-3/4"W x 1-1/2"H x 7-1/8"D
- 18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 100 dB
- FM sensitivity 9 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD/Video CD/DVD/Changer controller receiver
- Detachable control panel
- Plastic detachable control panel case
- Trim ring
- Hideaway unit
- RCB-161 Wireless remote
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 8' Connection cord (has a 19-pin male connector on each end)
- 34" Main unit wiring harness (has in-line noise filter and 3A fuse)
- 8' Hideaway unit wiring harness (has in-line 15A fuse)
- 8' Antenna extension cord
- 2 Hook plates
- 2 Metal mounting brackets
- 1 Rubber cap
- 4 Plastic clips
- 1 Scotch lock
- One 3.75" wire tie
- 1 Mounting bolt
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- 5 Hexagonal bolts (each bolt has a flat washer)
- Four 5/16" machine screws
- Four 1/8" machine screws
- 1 Plastic spacer
- 1 Silica gel packet
- Owner's manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Product Registration Card
- Caution sheet
- Sirius Satellite Radio information sheet
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green or Red/Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Partial Detachable Control Panel: To prevent theft, the control button section can be detached with a release key.
Motorized 7" Touch Panel TFT Display: This unit has a motorized 7" TFT wide screen display with touch panel controls. The display is also a high-resolution video monitor for watching your DVD videos.
Touch Panel Controls: This unit has touch panel controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy.
Key Pad: An on-screen key pad can be displayed, giving you easier access to the functions in each mode.
Display Angle and Position Adjustment: You can adjust the display's angle for better visibility. The display can be adjusted to one of five angles. In addition, the display slides forward or backward. You can select one of three slide positions.
Auto Dimmer Feature: When the auto dimmer feature is turned on, the brightness of the display adjusts automatically depending on the lighting conditions.
Dimmer Feature: This unit is equipped with a wire that Clarion calls an illumination lead, however, it acts as a dimmer lead. When the illumination wire of this unit receives power and the auto dimmer feature has been turned off, the display will dim to a preset level. Note: When the power and constant wires are connected and the illumination wire is supplied with voltage (when you turn your lights on), the button illumination remains on even if the unit is turned off completely.
Sirius Satellite Radio Controls: This unit can control the optional Clarion Sirius Satellite tuner (sold separately). The optional tuner, along with an antenna and subscription, will allow you to receive Sirius Satellite Radio.
Clarion CeNET TV Tuner Control: This unit is capable of controlling Clarion's CeNET TV tuner.
Clarion CeNET Multi-channel Processor Control: This unit can control the DVH920 Clarion CeNET multi-channel processor.
3-Band Beat EQ: This unit has a built-in 3-band equalizer. Three equalizer curves are preset into memory and may be modified. In addition to the three factory presets, you may store your own settings under the "User Custom" preset. The factory presets are "Bass Boost" (bass emphasized), "Impact" (bass and treble emphasized), and "Excite" (bass and treble emphasized, mids de-emphasized). When "Bass Boost" is selected, you can adjust the bass setting from -3dB to +3dB in 1dB increments. When "Impact" or "Excite" is selected, you can adjust the bass and treble setting from -3dB to +3dB in 1dB increments. When "User Custom" is selected, you can independently adjust the gain, frequency and Q factor for the bass and midrange. For the treble, you can adjust the gain and frequency.
Source Titling: Titles, up to 10 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for radio stations, TV stations, and individual discs in a connected changer. 30 titles may be entered for the tuner mode and 15 titles may be entered for TV tuner mode. In CD changer mode, you may enter 100 CD titles when using the DCZ625 or 50 titles when using the CDC1255z changer.
Magi-Tune+ FM Tuner: This receiver is equipped with Clarion's proprietary Magi-Tune+ FM Tuner, which improves sensitivity and selectivity for excellent FM stereo reproduction.
Instant Station Recall (ISR): This feature gives you one touch recall of a single favorite radio station (this is in addition to the 18 FM and 6 AM presets).
Dual 24-bit D/A Converters: The dual 24-bit D/A converters re-quantize the 16-bit audio signals from CDs and DVDs as 24-bit data while maintaining the low distortion and high linearity of a 1-bit D/A converter. This allows an expanded dynamic range and clearer reproduction of subtle nuances, for a richer sound when viewing DVDs or listening to CDs.
MP3 Playback: This unit can play MP3 files recorded on CD-R discs in ISO9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. Each disc should have a maximum of 8 directory levels and a maximum of 255 files and folders.
Top Play Button: Pressing the "Top" button while a CD is playing will start the disc playing from track 1 again.
Dual-zone Capability: The VRX925VD includes a 2-zone switcher that allows rear seat passengers to enjoy a separate audio/video program on an optional rear monitor screen, while the front seat passengers enjoy a completely separate source.
CCD Camera Compatible: You can connect a compatible Clarion CCD camera to the hideaway unit.Fiber Optic Output: This unit has a fiber optic output allowing you to connect an optional compatible Dolby Digital/DTS decoder.
Scan Play: This feature allows you to play the first 10 seconds of each chapter on a DVD.
Slow Motion: When playing a DVD, you may move forward through the program being played in slow motion. Slow motion playback cannot be performed in reverse.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles. Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
DVD System Settings:
- Screen Size: allows you to select 4:3 letterbox, 4:3 pan & scan, or 16:9
- Angle Mark Display: can be turned on or off. When this feature is turned on, an angle mark display appears on the screen for scenes that were shot at different angles.
- Disc Menu Language: allows you to select English, French, Spanish, Chinese, or Japanese as the disc menu language
- Audio Language: allows you to select English, French, Spanish, Chinese, or Japanese as the audio language
- Subtitle Language: allows you to select English, French, Spanish, Chinese, or Japanese as the subtitle language
- Parental Lock: allows you to select a parental control ratings from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password
- Output Mode: allows you to
select one of the following output modes:
- Analog: outputs analog audio signals through RCA connections
- Digital RAW: outputs 5.1-channel digital signals through the optical connection. PCM audio signals are output downsampling the signal from 96kHz to 48kHz.
- Digital PCM: outputs 2-channel digital signals through the optical connection. PCM audio signals are output downsampling the signal from 96kHz to 48kHz.
CeNET Compatibility: This unit can control compatible CeNET CD, MD, and DVD changers.
Multiple Changer Control: Using an optional Y-adapter, this unit can control two CeNET changers.
C-Bus Compatibility: Item 020RCB138 (sold separately) allows this CeNET unit to control a 6-disc C-Bus changer. The RCB138 adapter is for 6-disc changers only and cannot be used with C-Bus 12-disc changers, 18-disc changers, processors or TV tuners.
Changer Controls: In addition to basic disc navigation features, this unit has the following changer controls: direct disc access, direct track access, disc intro scan, track intro scan, track repeat, disc repeat, disc random, and all disc random.
Top Function: Pressing the "Top" button while a CD is playing will start the disc playing from track 1 again.
Rear of Head Unit:
- Fiber Optic Output: for connecting an optional compatible Dolby Digital/DTS decoder.
- Hideaway Unit: 19-pin female jack that connects to the hideaway unit using the supplied connection cord
Left Side of Hideaway Unit:
- Front Audio Out: gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Rear Audio Out: gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Non-fader Audio Out: gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- CCD: 2-pin jack for connecting a compatible Clarion CCD camera
- Visual 2 In: 2-pin jack for connecting compatible Clarion equipment
- Radio Antenna: female Motorola jack
Right Side of Hideaway Unit:
- Harness: 18-pin male jack for use with supplied Hideaway unit wiring harness
- CeNET: CeNET jack for connecting compatible Clarion equipment
- Main Unit: 19-pin female jack that connects to the head unit using the supplied connection cord
- Video Out: RCA composite video jack
- Visual 1 In: stereo RCA jacks and two RCA composite video jacks
- Hideaway Unit: W=8.715", H=1.483", D=7.124"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.