Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
A/V Receiver with Dolby Digital and DTS
Item # 022HTR5450 | MFR # HTR-5450
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Yamaha HTR-5450
Every explosion, every scream, and every guitar solo will bring it home the audio experts at Yamaha are a sure bet when it comes to high-performance home theater and music! The HTR-5450 offers built-in Dolby® Digital, DTS®, and Dolby Pro Logic decoding. Plus, Yamaha's exclusive Cinema DSP circuitry combines Dolby Surround with DSP soundfields for an enhanced home theater experience.
Combine all that digital processing muscle with 80 full-bandwidth-rated watts x 5 channels, add a DVD player, and your living room becomes a home cinema! Or, for late night listening that doesn't disturb your housemates, there's Silent Cinema mode virtual surround technology to give you multichannel effects using ordinary stereo headphones.
The '5450 also gives you all the inputs and outputs you need to build a killer audio/video system. You get lots of digital inputs (see "Key Features" below) and one of the optical inputs is located on the unit's front panel for quick, easy access! An optical output lets you make direct digital recordings to CD-R/W or MiniDisc. And with 4 audio inputs and 4 A/V inputs (including 4 S-video!), chances are you'll never run out of places to hook up your latest piece of gear.Details:
- 32-bit processing for Cinema DSP, Dolby Digital, DTS, and digital soundfields
- digital inputs: 4 optical (including 1 front-panel), 1 coaxial
- optical digital output
- 96kHz/24-bit DACs
- multibrand remote control
- 5.1-channel input
- 4 audio and 4 A/V (including 4 S-video and 1 front-panel) inputs
- preamp-level subwoofer output
- no phono input
- 80 watts x 5 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD
- banana plug-compatible main speaker posts
- 40 AM/FM presets
- 17-1/8"W x 6"H x 16-7/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/Dolby Digital/DTS Receiver
- RAV206-V694090US Wireless remote
- 4 "AAA" batteries
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- Owner's Manual (English/French)
- Warranty card
- Owner Registration Card
- Remote Quick Reference Card
- Connection Guide (for digital 5.1 channel sources)
Features and Specs
Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS Decoding: This receiver has a built-in decoder for Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS playback.
5.1 Channel Input: This receiver is equipped with a 5.1 channel input for compatibility with future 5.1 channel decoders.
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Pro Logic
- Dolby Pro Logic/Dolby Digital/DTS Enhanced: Simulates a 35mm film theater (Yamaha Cinema DSP)
- Movie Theater 1 (Spectacle): Simulates the extremely wide sound field of a 70-mm movie theater; this mode can be used with 2-channel analog, PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS sources
- Movie Theater 1 (Sci-Fi): Clearly reproduces dialogue and sound effects in the latest sound form of science fiction films; this mode can be used with 2-channel analog, PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS sources
- Movie Theater 2 (Adventure): Precisely reproduces the sound of the newest multi-track films, so the three-dimensional feeling of the sound is emphasized and dialogue is precisely oriented on the screen; this mode can be used with 2-channel analog, PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS sources
- Movie Theater 2 (General): Reproduces a soft and extensive sound field
- Entertainment (Game): This mode adds a deep and spatial feeling to video game sounds
- TV Sports: Most suitable for sports programs
- Mono Movie: Gives a sense of stereo to old movies recorded in mono
- Concert Hall: Best suited for orchestra and opera music
- Jazz Club: This recreates the sound field at the stage front in "The Bottom Line", a famous New York jazz club
- Rock Concert: Ideally suited for Rock Music
- Entertainment (Disco): Recreates the acoustic environment of a lively disco
- Entertainment (5ch Stereo): Puts music through all speakers in the system and maintains stereo imaging; this mode is great for casual listening and parties
Bass Management: The channels set to SMALL are filtered with a 90Hz high-pass crossover. The bass from the SMALL channels is directed to the front speakers (left and right) and/or the subwoofer preamp output according to the "Bass Out" setting. The available settings for each channel are as follows:
- Center Speaker Settings: LARGE, SMALL, and NONE
- Main (front) Speaker Settings: LARGE and SMALL
- Rear Speaker Settings: LARGE, SMALL, and NONE
- Bass Out: You may select SWFR (subwoofer), MAIN or BOTH
- D.D. LFE: You can adjust the output level of the LFE channel from -20 to 0 dB in 1 dB steps
- DTS LFE: You can adjust the output level of the LFE channel from -10 to +10 dB in 1 dB steps
Main Level Control: The level of the center, left and right surround, and subwoofer channels can be set to match the level of the front left and right speakers. The level of the front speakers may be set to Normal or -10dB with the "Main Level" function; the -10dB setting should be chosen if the sound output from the main speakers is too loud.
Test Tone: A test tone feature is available to help with the process of matching the output level of the center, left and right surround, and subwoofer channels to the front left and right channel level.
Virtual Cinema DSP: When the rear speaker setting is set to "none", the sound field processing is altered to provide a surround sound experience without having any rear speakers.
Silent Cinema DSP: The Silent Cinema DSP feature creates a realistic surround movie effect using standard, two-channel headphones (headphones not included).
Headphone Tone Control: The bass and treble level for the headphone output can be set from -6dB to +3dB.
96kHz/24-bit Audio D/A Conversion: This unit will accept and play 96kHz/24-bit linear PCM digital audio.
Memory Guard: This feature prevents accidental changes to the DSP program parameter settings, the set menu settings, the level settings and the on-screen display mode setting. The Memory Guard feature may be turned on or off.
1 Week Memory Back-up: This unit will retain the tuner presets and menu settings for up to 1 week without being connected to power.
Background Video (BGV) Function: The BGV function allows you to combine a video image from a video source with the audio from an audio source.
Automatic Preset Tuning: This feature will put up to 40 FM stations into preset memory automatically.
Preset Groups: Preset stations are stored in "pages" (A, B, C, D, E) of 8 stations each, making it possible to group presets, and easier to find a specific preset. There is an edit key which allows you to exchange the places of any 2 preset stations with each other.
Sleep Timer: This unit is equipped with a sleep timer that will automatically turn the unit off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Multibrand A/V Remote: The included remote is pre-coded to control most brands of TVs, cable boxes, DBS receivers, VCRs, DVD players, LD players, CD players, MD recorders, CD recorders and tape decks (both A/B wells). The remote is set up so it may be programmed for the following devices:
- Cassette (both A/B wells) or MD, not both
- CD Player
- DVD or LaserDisc Player, not both
- Cable box or DBS receiver, not both
Power Rating: In addition to the 80 watts x 5 RMS at 20-20kHz, 0.06% THD and 8 ohms power rating, Yamaha also provides the following bandwidth limited power rating: 100 watts x 5 RMS at 1kHz, 0.7% THD and 8 ohms.
- Headphones: Standard headphone jack
- Video Aux Input: Stereo RCA audio, composite video, S-video and Toslink digital optical input
- AM Input: Spring clips
- FM Input: Threaded F-Type connector
- CD Coax Input: Standard coax digital input
- D-TV/CBL Optical Input: Standard Toslink input with cover
- DVD Optical Input: Standard Toslink input with cover
- MD/CD-R Optical Input: Standard Toslink input with cover
- MD/CD-R Optical Output: Standard Toslink output with cover
- 6 Channel Input: 6 RCA inputs (Right & Left Main, Right & Left Surround, Center and Subwoofer) that allow for connection of a 5.1 channel decoder. Note that switching to this input disables the built in processor and adjustment of delay time from this unit
- Aux Input: RCA stereo audio
- CD Input: RCA stereo audio
- MD/CD-R Input/Output: RCA stereo audio
- DVD Input: Stereo RCA audio, composite video and S-video
- D-TV/CBL Input: Stereo RCA audio, composite video and S-video
- VCR Input/Output: Stereo RCA audio, composite video and S-video
- Subwoofer Output: Mono RCA preamp output
- Monitor Out: Composite video and S-video outputs to connect to a TV/monitor
- A and B Speaker Outputs: Binding post outputs (not 5-way, because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs)
- Center and Surround Speaker Outputs: Spring clip outputs
- AC Outlets: 2 switched AC outlets
- Impedance Selector Switch
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.