Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Home theater receiver with 3D-ready HDMI switching and Apple AirPlay®
Item # 022RXV573 | MFR # RX-V573BL
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Yamaha RX-V573 by Crutchfield's Marshall Chase
It's horror movie night. The unfolding scenes on your HDTV are palpable, like you're actually in the house with that ghost. Your ears are finely tuned for the least sound of movement. But your TV speakers are pitifully tuned to provide the least sound of anything. Never fear. Yamaha's RX-V573 will have the very air around you crackling with sonic excitement. This high-def-friendly receiver comes loaded with the power and processing you need to transform your living room into a full-fledged home theater. You get seven channels of amplification plus the latest surround sound decoding — including Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD™ Master Audio — for an engulfing wraparound experience to deliver thrills and chills by the ton.
This receiver's got connections
The 'V573 has HDMI inputs for connecting four high-definition video components. Plus the front-panel USB input is perfect for connecting your iPod® or iPhone®. The 'V573's digital-to-analog converter takes over and Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer makes your selections sound superb. You'll even see your song titles on the front-panel display.
A breath of fresh AirPlay®
Apple's AirPlay technology lets you stream music from your iTunes® library directly to the receiver, either from a networked computer or right from your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®. Not only do you get a fast and convenient way to listen to your favorites, but anyone in your home can stream from their player to share their latest find.
Your remote control is ringing
Yamaha offers a free, downloadable app for both Apple® and Android™ tablets and smartphones devices that you can use to control this receiver with ease. Just connect your receiver to your home's wireless network and your iPad® or tablet becomes the easiest remote to read and the hardest one to lose.
Custom-tailored sound at the push of a button
Great acoustics are not a built-in feature of most homes. That's why Yamaha's 'V573 includes their sophisticated YPAO auto-calibration system. You get precise home theater setup without the hassles. Just plug in the included microphone and place it in your favorite seat. The receiver analyzes the size, volume, relative distance, and frequency response of every speaker in your system, then automatically adjusts the settings for each one. You'll enjoy accurate, optimized sound with your specific speakers and their placement within the room.
Go ahead and make a "SCENE"
Yamaha's intuitive SCENE modes make this receiver a snap to use. Just press one of the four dedicated buttons on the receiver's front panel or remote, and the 'V573 automatically switches to the correct input setting and sound mode for viewing DVD or Blu-ray discs, playing CDs, watching TV, or listening to the radio. Plus, you can individually reprogram each button for different activities of your choice, such as playing video games, listening to your iPod, and more.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 80 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Cinema DSP modes add richness and presence to music and movie soundtracks
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) for easy automatic speaker setup and more precise surround sound (microphone included)
- Adaptive Dynamic Range Control keeps a lid on explosive sound effects for more discreet late-night listening
- Silent Cinema for simulated surround sound using standard stereo headphones
Digital Music Options:
- direct digital connection for iPod® or iPhone® through front-panel USB input bypasses the iPod's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- access Internet radio stations (broadband connection required)
- Compressed Music Enhancer for better sounding MP3s and other digital music files
- built-in Apple AirPlay® for ultra-convenient iTunes® music playback
- Ethernet port for music and JPEG streaming from a wired PC network
- Wi-Fi®-ready with optional Yamaha adapter
- DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified to ensure optimal compatibility with other network-enabled equipment
Audio Performance Features:
- 192kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- back surround channels reassignable to bi-amp compatible front speakers
- direct mode switches off unnecessary circuitry to provide cleaner sound
- 1080p-compatible HDMI digital video switching (4 in, 1 out)
- HDMI version 1.4a with support for 3D video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- Audio Return Channel function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner via HDMI
- component video switching (2 in, 1 out)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 5 audio/video inputs with composite video (including 1 front-panel)
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- 1 pair of main speaker outputs
- free Yamaha remote app lets you use your iPod touch®, iPhone® or Android device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- four SCENE presets for easier source switching
- easy-to-use on-screen display (via HDMI only)
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- 40 AM/FM presets
- multibrand remote
- 17-1/16"W x 6-3/16"H x 12-13/16"D
- weight: 18.1 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 7.1ch AV receiver
- Wireless remote control (RAV465)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- YPAO microphone (with attached 19' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna (with push-on "F" connector)
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Easy Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
Features and Specs
7.1ch AV Receiver: The Yamaha RX-V573 AV Receiver is equipped with a 7-channel amplifier rated at 80 watts (into 8-ohms, at 20-20khz, with 0.09% THD, driving 2 channels) which provides high dynamic power with low-impedance drive capability. The RX-V573 also includes a single LFE (mono-subwoofer) output for connecting a powered sub.
Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding post terminals for all the speaker outputs (Front, Center, Surround, and Surround Back/Bi-Amp/Speaker B). The binding posts can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs. The terminals are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs and a collar surrounding them prevents the use of spade connectors. The Surround Back/Bi-Amp/Speaker B speaker channels can be configured in the following way.
- 7.1ch w/ Surround Back: Seven speakers are powered in the main room (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, and Surround Back L/R).
- 5.1ch w/ Front Bi-Amp: Five speakers are powered in the main room (Front L/R, center, and Surround L/R) with the surround back amplifier channels reassigned to bi-amp the front speakers. A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker. One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section. With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a limited frequency range, making its job easier.
- 5.1ch + Speaker B: Five speakers are powered in the main room (Front L/R, Center, and Surround L/R), while two speakers in a second room are connected to the receiver's surround back terminals. The Speaker B speaker output allows the receiver to send 2-channel sound to a second room, limiting the main listening room to 5.1-channel output. This means that you can enjoy stereo sound in a second room of your home. The same input sources and volume settings are applied to both rooms (you cannot play different sources). Multichannel sources are mixed down to 2-channels and output to the second listening area.
Note: You can select 8 ohms or 6 ohms in the menu depending on your speaker application. The amplifier supports 4- to 8-ohm Front speakers, and 6- to 8-ohm Center, Surround, Surround Back speakers.
Wide-range Frequency Response: The receiver's wide-range frequency response, 10Hz to 100kHz, allows you to enjoy the full fidelity of DVD-Audio and Super-Audio CD players.
192kHz/24-bit Burr Brown DACs: The Yamaha RX-V573 uses high quality, audio-grade Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for all channels to maximize sound quality.
Low-Jitter PLL Circuitry: The Yamaha AV receiver utilizes low-jitter PLL circuitry to help optimize sound imaging. The result is a more dynamic sound with greater detail and less distortion.
YPAO Technology: This unit employs the YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Acoustic Optimizer), which automatically adjusts the output of the speakers based on placement, performance, and the room's acoustic characteristics. Yamaha's YPAO system uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. First it checks the speaker connections and phase of each speaker. Then it sends out tones which are captured by the microphone to analyze the room acoustics and sets a variety of parameters; such as the speaker size, the distance of the speakers, and even the volume level; until it achieves the best sound conditions for your room. Using the supplied Optimizer Microphone, YPAO performs the following checks and makes appropriate adjustments to give you the best possible sound from your system:
- Speaker Wiring: Checks which speakers are connected and the polarity of each.
- Speaker Size: Checks the frequency response of each speaker and sets the appropriate crossover frequency for each channel.
- Speaker Distance: Checks the distance of each speaker from the listening position and adjusts the delay of each channel.
- EQ: Each channel has a parametric equalizer; choose one
of three target settings before running the setup.
- Natural: adjusts all speaker to a natural sound; useful when the flat setting sounds too bright
- Flat: use when all the speakers in the system have similar sound characteristics
- Front: EQs the center and rear speakers to sound like the front; useful when your front speakers are better than the others in the system
- Volume Level: Checks and adjusts the volume level of each speaker.
Note: You can also choose to manually adjust the AV receiver's speaker settings.
Multi-Channel Decoding Formats: The Yamaha RX-V573 supports the following multi-channel (Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic) decoding formats.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital, Dolby, Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS: DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo: 6
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx
Note: Dolby Digital and DTS listening modes can only be selected if your audio source is connected to the A/V receiver via a digital audio connection (HDMI, optical, or coaxial). To enjoy true 7.1ch Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD surround sound, the receiver must be connected to your Blu-ray player via HDMI.
Surround Parameters: The Yamaha A/V receiver offers the following Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS NEO:6 audio adjustments.
- Dolby Pro Logic II Settings: You can adjust the
following parameters in Pro Logic II Music modes:
- Panorama: sends stereo signals to the surround speakers as well as the front speakers for a wraparound effect
- Dimension: adjusts the soundfield either towards the front or towards the rear of the room
- Center Width: moves the center channel output completely towards the center speaker or towards the front left and right speakers
- Center Image (DTS NEO: 6 Music): This parameter adjusts the front left and right channel output relative to the center channel to make the center channel more or less dominant as necessary.
CINEMA DSP Soundfields: Conventional multichannel audio reproduction systems base their sound on Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, using matrix and steering technologies to create surround sound effects. Yamaha CINEMA DSP is much more advanced, actually creating richly realized independent soundfields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialogue, music and effects ideally located in these separate soundfields, you will hear sound with accurate placement, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and richness, and realistic presence. It will seem as if the walls of your room have disappeared and you are in the middle of your own immense theater. The AV receiver offers 17 CINEMA DSP programs for movies, music, and games.
- Movie Soundfields: Standard, Spectacle, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Drama, Mono Movie
- Entertainment Soundfields: Sports, Action Game, Role Playing Game, Music Video, Recital/Opera
- Music Soundfields: Hall Munich, Hall in Vienna, Chamber, Cellar club, The Roxy Theater, The Bottom Line, 7ch Stereo
Note: You can change the receiver's CINEMA DSP effect level (level of the soundfield effect to be added). You can adjust the level of the soundfield effect from -6 dB to +3 dB.
CINEMA DSP Modes: The Yamaha RX-V573 A/V receiver offers three proprietary Yamaha CINEMA modes so you can enjoy your movies and music even more in your home; regardless if you are using Presence Speakers, only have a two-channel speaker system, or listening through headphones.
- CINEMA DSP 3D: The actually measured soundfield data in recorded soundtracks contain the information of the height of the sound images. CINEMA DSP 3D mode achieves the reproduction of the accurate height of theses sound images so that it can create the accurate and intensive stereoscopic soundfield in your listening room. CINEMA DSP 3D does this by using the receiver's Presence (height) Speakers.
- Virtual CINEMA DSP: Virtual CINEMA DSP is an algorithm that allows you to enjoy DSP soundfield surround effects while using a minimal two-speaker system. Virtual CINEMA DSP lets you enjoy the effects of CINEMA DSP surround sound without using surround speakers (handy for use in custom installations where some rooms don't have surround speakers). It can be used with the front/center/presence speakers or even with just the two front left and right speakers. This unit will switch to virtual CINEMA DSP mode automatically when surround speakers are unavailable.
- SILENT CINEMA: SILENT CINEMA makes it possible to hear large-scale surround sound through ordinary headphones. This is a variation of CINEMA DSP technology that Yamaha developed to let you listen in private to movies and other multi-channel sources for hours without listening fatigue.
Compressed Music Enhancer: Yamaha employs sophisticated digital signal processing with exclusive algorithms to enable playback that improves the performance of compressed music formats, including MP3, WMA, and AAC. With the Compressed Music Enhancer, highs and especially lows are richer and smoother, bringing music back to life to be as close to the original as possible.
Adaptive DRC: Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) adjusts the dynamic range in relation to the volume, useful at low volume.
Dynamic Range: The amount of dynamic range compression applied to bitstream signals is adjustable; Min/Auto is suitable for low volume listening, Standard is typical for home use, and Max doesn't compress the dynamic range at all.
Bass Management: The Yamaha RX-V573 A/V receiver provides the following Bass Management settings.
- Bass & Treble: You can adjust the balance of the high-frequency range (Treble) and low-frequency range (Bass) of sounds output from the receiver' front left and right speakers to obtain a desired tone. You can independently adjust the bass (50Hz) and treble (20kHz) from -6dB to +6dB in 0.5 dB increments. The tone control of the speakers or headphones can be set separately.
- Extra Bass: You can select whether to play front channel low-frequencies through either of the front speaker or the subwoofer, or through both the subwoofer and front speakers.
- Subwoofer Trim: The Subwoofer Trim control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is "pushed" toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
Volume Setup: The Yamaha RX-V573 allows you to customize the receiver's volume levels.
- Max Volume Adjustment: Use this feature to set the receiver's maximum volume level. This feature is useful to avoid turning the volume too loud by mistake. You can set the Max Volume from -30 dB to +15 dB in 5 dB steps, or to +16.5 dB (full volume range is -80 dB to +16.5 dB).
- Initial Volume Setting: Use this feature to set the volume level when the power is turned on. You can choose between Off (same as the volume when the unit was turned off), Mute, and -80 dB to + 16.5 dB in increments of 0.5 dB.
- Volume Trim: Use this feature to adjust the volume level of each input. This is useful to balance the level of each input to avoid sudden changes in volume when switching between input sources. The range is from -6 dB to +6 dB in 0.5 dB increments.
Digital Inputs: The Yamaha AV receiver is equipped with two optical digital inputs (AV-1/AV-4) and two coaxial digital inputs (AV-2/AV-3).
Headphone Jack: The Yamaha RX-V573 is equipped with a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack for connecting a set of headphone, so you can listen to your music privately. Connecting a set of headphones automatically mutes the receiver's speaker outputs. Sound effects applied during playback can also be heard through the headphones.
HDMI (v.1.4): 1080p HDMI (v.1.4) with 3D and Audio Return Channel (4 In/1 Out) deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable. HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide you with the highest-quality home theater experience. HDMI can provide an interface between most audio/video sources, such as a set-top box, Blu-ray player, DVD player, or A/V receiver and a video monitor, such as a High Definition Television (HDTV), over a single cable. The AV receiver's HDMI jacks can be used for 2-channel and multi-channel linear PCM (up to 8-channel) and Bitstream (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc) digital audio formats. The HDMI 1.4 jacks also support 1080p and 4K video signals; as well as Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, 24 Hz refresh rates, and auto Lip-Sync compensation.
4K Pass Through: 4K Pass Through allows the Yamaha RX-V573 to receive super high-definition resolution video and pass the video signal to a 4K compatible TV or display monitor. This ensures compatibility with the latest super high resolution video formats.
3D Ready: The Yamaha RX-V573 AV receiver supports 3D HDMI pass-through from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). 3D provides a more engaging audio and video consumer experience. Note that special eyewear may be required for viewing 3D content
ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
HDMI Standby Through Mode: When the RX-V573 is in standby mode (power off), the Standby Through feature allows HDMI source signals to pass through the receiver to the TV. The HDMI input can be changed using the remote control. So, there's not need to turn on the A/V receiver in order to switch HDMI sources.
x.v.Color: The AV receiver supports x.v.Color, offering a wider color range than the current broadcast standard. For the x.v.Color feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
Deep Color: The Yamaha receiver also supports Deep Color which allows the color depth of video signals passing through HDMI to be raised. The number of colors that could be expressed by 1 pixel was 24 bits (16,777,216 colors) with a standard HDMI jack. However, the number of colors which can be expressed by 1 pixel is 36 bits with a Deep Color enabled HDMI jack. Since the gradation of the depth of a color can be expressed more finely with more bits, continuous color changes can be more smoothly expressed. For the Deep Color feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
Lip-sync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the Lip-sync function automatically.
- Auto: When connected to a TV via HDMI, automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-250ms) if the TV supports an automatic lip-sync function.
- Manually: You can manually delay the sound output up to 250ms to synchronize it with the video image.
HDTV-compatible Component Video: The RX-V573 offers two component video inputs and a component video monitor output. These inputs and output have a frequency response of 5 Hz to 60 MHz and will pass High Definition video sources up to 1080p.
Front Panel AV Input: The front panel's Video Aux input consists of a composite video input, and a 3.5mm stereo minijack input.
Background Video: The Background Video feature allows you to watch a video source while listening to a different audio source. With the RX-V573, you can select any video input, and listen to AM/FM radio or network source at the same time.
Ethernet LAN Port (optional WiFi): The Yamaha AV receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to connect the receiver to your home network to access your DLNA music server, or Internet Radio.
Note: The receiver's rear-panel Ethernet port and front-panel USB port can be used in combination with Yamaha's YWA-10 wireless network adapter (022YWA10, sold separately) for a wireless network connection. If you would rather free up the receiver's front-panel USB port for your iPod or MP3 player, you can purchase a USB-to-AC power adapter (sold separately) to supply power to the YWA-10 wireless network adapter.
DLNA 1.5/Windows 7 Certified: The RX-V573 is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7 compliant for audio networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music stored on your PC. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through your audio system, or use the RX-V573 to browse and play music files on your hard drive.
Media Player: The Yamaha RX-V573 lets you play music files stored on your computer via a network connection. MP3, WMA, AAC , WAV (up to 96kHz), and FLAC (up to 96kHz) audio files stored on your computer can be played through the RX-V573 via its wired network connection. You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the AV receiver's remote control. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag and META tag information so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed from the unit's on-screen menu (via HDMI). This unit can play back music files stored on the following music servers:
- PC with Windows Media Player 11 or later installed
- PC with DLNA/UPnP Certificate server software installed
- NAS with DLNA/UPnP certification
vTuner Internet Radio: You can listen to Internet radio stations using the vTuner Internet Radio Station database service particularly customized for this unit, providing a database of numerous radio stations around the world. You can control the vTuner Internet Radio service with the menu displayed on the TV screen (via HDMI only). You can search for Internet Radio stations by Location, Genre, New, Popular, or Podcast. The vTuner Internet Radio service will display station name, album name, song title, and elapsed time on your HDMI-connected television.
AM/FM Tuner: The Yamaha RX-V573 AV receiver features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The RX-V573 lets you store up to 40 AM/FM station presets. This can be done manually or automatically (auto-preset tuning). You can set this receiver to automatically match FM broadcast frequencies in stereo, or convert the frequency to monaural for weaker stations. An indoor FM wire antenna and AM loop antenna are included with the receiver.
Firmware Updates: New firmware will be released for the purpose of additional features or product improvements. Firmware updates can be downloaded from the Yamaha website. If this unit is connected to the Internet, the receiver will indicate when a new firmware version is available and you can download the firmware via the network connection. Firmware updates normally take approximately 20 minutes or longer.
Note: Check Yamaha's Support Download Site for the most recent firmware updates. The test A/V receiver contained firmware version 1.03 and had an immediate firmware update (v.1.08); as of 5/8/2012.
USB Port: This unit is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy WAV (PCM format only), MP3, WMA, and AAC music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as a portable MP3 player or USB thumbdrive (not compatible with USB HDDs). This unit can recognize sampling frequencies of up to 48 kHz on a compatible USB storage device. Your USB mass storage class device must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32 . You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (max. 2.1A); even in standby mode.
Note: While listening to a song from a USB device, you can view a favorite video or photo from the receiver's monitor output.
AirPlay: This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means it can accept wireless music streaming from your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad; as well as from iTunes on Macs or PCs. This makes it easy to enjoy your iTunes music from your mobile Apple iOS device or computer on your home theater system. You can even view metadata such as song title, artist name, as well as album art via AV receiver's on-screen display. In addition, you can download Apple's free "Remote" application and use your Apple device as the remote control for your iTunes account.
Note: To use the AirPlay feature you need a Mac or Windows-based PC running iTunes (10.2.2 or later) connected to your wireless home network. Your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad must have iOS 4.3.3 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network.
iPod/iPhone Direct: The USB (type-A) port on the front-panel provides convenient connection for your iPod/iPhone, which also charges (max. 1A) when connected. The iPod/iPhone USB digital connection means that the digital audio signal from your iPod/iPhone is transmitted directly to the system, minimizing noise interference and allowing use of the receiver's DAC, not the DAC in your iPod/iPhone. This results in more precise sound reproduction. You can navigate your iPod/iPhone's music via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control, or continue to use your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. You can browse your iPod/iPhone's music content via Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Composer. You can also control Repeat & Shuffle functions. Song/artist information and Album Art will display on your connected TV (via HDMI). Your iPod/iPhone's battery will be charged while connected to the receiver (even in standby mode up to 4 hours). Using the dock cable that came with your Apple device to connect directly to the Yamaha A/V receiver, iPod/iPhone compatibility is as follows (as of 1/11/2013):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||AirPlay||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
On-Screen Menu: The RXV-573 offers an on-screen menu system via its HDMI output. This clean and simple interface makes setup and other operations extremely easy. If your TV is connected to the composite video or component video monitor output, you will need to use the AV receiver's front-panel display when changing settings. You can set the receiver's on-screen menu language to English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, or Chinese.
Scene (for One-Touch Start): The RX-V573 features four Scene buttons on the front panel and remote to make operating the receiver easier. These buttons are initially set to default settings for Blu-ray/DVD viewing, TV viewing, CD listening, and Radio listening. Each can be reprogrammed to any input and any soundfield. Pressing a Scene button will automatically launch a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button. Other Scene settings are also available, such as iPod Listening, TV Sports Viewing, and Action Game Playing. Browsing and selecting the settings is quickly accomplished by changing Input via the front panel and watching the on-screen display. The settings can be selected for one-time use, or they can replace the original default settings. The Scene names can be changed also.
Input Rename: You can rename each input so the display reflects the actual source; choose from 15 templates or create an original name, up to nine characters.
Display Dimmer: You can set the brightness of the front-panel display from -4 to 0.
Memory Guard: This feature is used to prevent accidental changes to the DSP program parameter values and other system settings.
ECO Mode: When the ECO Mode is enabled, you can reduce the receiver' power consumption by keeping the maximum volume, maximum output power, and front display's brightness low. ECO mode reduces power consumption by approximately 20%.
Sleep Timer: The receiver's Sleep Timer function can be set turn the unit automatically off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Auto Power Down: If you don't operate the receiver or use the remote for an extended period of time, the unit will automatically go into standby mode (Auto Power Down function). The Auto Power Down feature is selectable to 4, 8 or 12 hours.
Multibrand Remote Control: The receiver comes with a multibrand wireless remote control. In addition to the receiver, the remote can control multiple brands of TVs, Blu-ray players, DVD players/recorders, DVRs, VCRs, etc.
HDMI Control: The Yamaha AV receiver supports the HDMI control function, which allows you to operate external components via HDMI. If your TV or other external components support HDMI control, you can use the remote controls of those devices to operate some of this unit's functions, and to synchronize this unit with the operation of those devices. You can use the following operations with the remote control of any of the connected HDMI Control compatible devices.
- Power synchronization (On/Standby)
- Volume control, including Mute
- Changing the volume of the audio output signal device (either the TV or the receiver)
AV Controller App: This AV Controller App (free) will turn your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad or Android device into a Wi-Fi enabled remote control for the Yamaha AV receiver. This App provides the flexibility to control input, volume, mute and power commands. You can browse content from all internally available sources such as Internet Radio, USB and AM/FM tuners. You can also control all AV receiver zones such as powering on and changing input for each zone. This App not only controls the Yamaha AV receiver, it also controls Yamaha Blu-ray Disc Players, supporting various functions including Play, Stop and Forward. In addition, you can browse music stored on your Apple iOS or Android device and wirelessly transfer the content to the Yamaha A/V receiver for playback.
- AV Controller App for Apple: The free AV controller App for Apple is available for download from the Apple iTunes App Store. It supports the iPod touch, iPhone , or iPad with iOS 4.2 or higher installed.
- AV Controller App for Android: The free AV controller App for Android is available for download from the online Android Market. Requires Android 2.1 and up.
Note: You must have a wireless network in your home and the Yamaha AV receiver & Apple or Android device connected to the same network.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.