Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Apple AirPlay® and included Wi-Fi®
Yamaha: 75 Series
Yamaha: AV Controller
Item # 022RXV775W | MFR # RX-V775WABL
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Yamaha RX-V775WA by Crutchfield's Marshall Chase
Great home theater and more
Delivering terrific sound is job #1 for Yamaha's RX-V775WA.You get seven channels of power, with advanced digital processing for sound that will bring your favorite films, TV shows, video games, and music to life. This receiver can decode the latest high-resolution surround sound formats, which lend even greater realism to many Blu-ray movies and concerts.You get five HDMI inputs for your high-def sources. And built-in 4K upscaling of video sources makes this receiver a perfect choice to not only upgrade your system now, but also prepare it for the next generation of TVs. And that's when things get really interesting!
A playground for your smartphone or tablet
The 'V775WA has a USB port in front — a perfect way to connect your iPod® or iPhone®. Play your favorite tunes and keep your iPod charged for your next excursion. The receiver bypasses the iPod's DAC and employs its own low-jitter circuitry for a pristine musical experience. If you're a Spotify® subscriber, you can stream millions of songs wirelessly to the receiver using your smartphone or tablet. Plus, Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer restores your favorite songs to near-CD sound quality on playback. You can also use the USB port to listen to music stored on flash drives. And a front-panel minijack input lets you plug in any device with a headphone output.
Now you can enjoy video, games and more from your compatible Android™ device on your TV screen and surround speakers. MHL® (Mobile High-definition Link) will pass 1080p video and multichannel audio from compatible gear to your system, while charging your device. One back-panel HDMI input doubles as an MHL input for use with compatible smartphones and tablets, so you can send photos, videos and music from your mobile device to your home theater.
The RX-V775WA includes Apple's AirPlay technology, which lets you wirelessly stream music from your iTunes® library directly to the receiver, either from a networked computer or right from your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® via the included Wi-Fi® adapter. Not only do you get a fast and convenient way to listen to your favorites, but anyone else in your home with an Apple device can share their latest musical finds. AirPlay requires a wireless home network, plus either a wired connection between the receiver and network or a wireless connection using the included Yamaha Wi-Fi® adapter.
Free control apps
Yamaha offers a free, downloadable app for both Apple® and Android™ devices that lets you control this receiver with ease. Just connect your receiver to your home's wireless network, and your iPad®, phone, or tablet becomes the easiest remote to read and the hardest one to lose.
Custom sound made simple
Some of the most advanced features of Yamaha's RXV series receivers are heard rather than seen. For starters, there's Yamaha's auto-speaker calibration system: YPAO. Simply connect the included microphone to your receiver, place it in your favorite listening position and let the system do the rest. YPAO analyzes your room's acoustics and makes adjustments for optimum sound in just a few minutes. It's like having a professional installer calibrate your system. Yamaha also adds Subwoofer Trim Control that enhances low frequencies by reducing overlap with the front speakers. You'll hear a cleaner, more focused soundstage along with seamless bass throughout the room.
You set the "SCENE"
Yamaha's special SCENE modes make this receiver a snap to use. Just press one of the four dedicated buttons on the receiver's front panel or remote, and the 'V775WA automatically switches to the correct input setting and sound mode for viewing DVD or Blu-ray discs, playing CDs, watching TV, or listening to the radio. Plus, you can individually reprogram each button for different activities of your choice, such as playing video games, listening to your iPod, and more.
Great receiver. Only complaint is that Airplay keeps skipping when streaming from iPhone or iTunes via PC. Been through the entire troubleshooting section and still no solution. Even upgraded my router, and added a wifi range extender to my home. Still no improvement.
What's in the Box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- Wireless remote control (RAV502)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- YPAO microphone (with attached 19' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna (with push-on "F" connector)
- Wireless network adapter
- 42" USB power cable (with a USB type-A connector on one end and a DC-type connector on other end)
- 39" Ethernet cable (with RJ-45 connectors on each end)
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Easy Setup Guide
- Quick Guide for Multizone/Remote Functions
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- FCC Information (for US customers)
- "Yamaha Worldwide Representative Offices" note
- YWA10 Quick Setup Guide
- YWA10 Owner's Manual
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 95 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Cinema DSP modes add richness and presence to music and movie soundtracks
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) for easy automatic speaker setup and more precise surround sound (microphone included)
- Adaptive Dynamic Range Control keeps a lid on explosive sound effects for more discreet late-night listening
- subwoofer Trim Control for enhanced bass clarity
- Silent Cinema for simulated surround sound using standard stereo headphones
Digital Music Options:
- built-in Apple AirPlay® for ultra-convenient wireless iTunes® music playback
- AirPlay streaming requires a home Wi-Fi® network and a connection between your receiver and home network
- support for Spotify® music service (premium subscription required)
- direct digital connection for iPod® or iPhone® through front-panel USB input bypasses the iPod's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- access Internet radio stations (broadband connection required)
- Compressed Music Enhancer for better sounding MP3s and other digital music files
- Internet music and photo streaming from a wired PC network
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- Wi-Fi®-ready with included Yamaha adapter
- Bluetooth®-ready with optional Yamaha adapter
- DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified to ensure optimal compatibility with other network-enabled equipment
- dual-room/dual-source output
- powered and line-level stereo audio outputs for 2nd room
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 5.2 home theater in main room
- using line-level 2nd-room output requires the use of separate amplifier or powered speakers
- only analog audio sources can be played in the 2nd room
Audio Performance Features:
- 192kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- back surround channels re-assignable to second pair of main speakers
- direct mode switches off unnecessary circuitry to provide cleaner sound
- 1080p-compatible HDMI digital video switching (6 in, 2 out)
- HDMI version 1.4a with support for 3D video, 4K video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- Audio Return Channel function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner via HDMI
- front-panel MHL-ready HDMI input to connect compatible Android gear for 1080p video pass-through and multichannel audio
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a wired PC network
- front-panel USB port for connecting an Apple portable device or a thumb drive with music or photos
- preamp outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- 7.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for two powered subwoofers
- component video switching (2 in, 1 out)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- audio/video inputs include 1 front-panel composite
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- 1 pair of main speaker outputs
- re-assignable back surround channels provide stereo sound in a second room (plays left and right channels from main room source only)
- free Yamaha remote app lets you use your iPod touch®, iPhone® or Android device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- four SCENE presets for easier source switching
- easy-to-use on-screen display (via HDMI only)
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- 40 AM/FM presets
- multibrand remote
- 17-1/8"W x 6-11/16"H x 14-7/8"D
- weight: 23.2 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Yamaha RX-V775WA Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
Yamaha's Total Purity Concept: The Yamaha RX-V775WA AV Receiver incorporates Yamaha's Total Purity Concept for the finest sound quality. The Total Purity Concept, which Yamaha has been cultivating for many years, encompasses high drive amp technology, high purity pre-amplification, anti-vibration technology, and independent pure power supplies. As a result, this AV receiver can provide high-quality sound for your movie & music soundtracks.
- High Drive Amp Technology: A fully discrete power amplifier helps maximize sound and minimize distortion of the receiver. The Yamaha RX-V775WA AV Receiver is equipped with a 7-channel amplifier rated at 95 watts (into 8-ohms, at 20-20kHz, with 0.09% THD, driving 2 channels) which provides high dynamic power with low-impedance drive capability.
- High Purity Pre-Amplification: The Yamaha RX-V775WA uses high quality, audio-grade Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for all channels to maximize sound quality. The AV receiver also utilizes low-jitter PLL circuitry to help optimize sound imaging. The result is a more dynamic sound with greater detail and less distortion.
- Anti-Vibration Technology: The AV receiver's anti-vibration heatsinks suppress vibration from transistors and sound pressure.
- Independent Power Supplies: Independent power supplies are used for the receiver's analog and digital circuitry to prevent digital noise from affecting analog circuitry.
Intelligent Amplifier Assignment: Intelligent Amp Assignment automatically assigns amplifier channels of the Yamaha AV receiver to certain speakers depending on what functions are selected. You can select from a variety of amplifier configurations.
- Basic: In this configuration, up to nine speakers (Front L/R, Front Presence L/R, Center, Surround L/R, & Surround Back L/R) can be connected to the AV receiver. When Cinema DSP 3D is on, the two Front Presence speakers will be powered and not the two surround back speakers. When Cinema DSP 3D is off, this situation is reversed. Bi-amp and Zone 2 speakers are not available in this mode
- 5ch Bi-Amp: Up to five speakers (Front L/R, Center, & Surround L/R) can be connected to the AV receiver. The Surround Back amplifier channels of the AV receiver are reassigned to bi-amp the front speakers. A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker. One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section. With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a limited frequency range, making its job easier. Zone 2 and Front Presence speaker are not available in this mode.
- 7ch + Zone 2: In this configuration, up to nine speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Zone 2) can be connected to the AV receiver. When Zone 2 is off, all seven channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the two surround back channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2 and the Main Zone will receive five channels of power. The same or different analog input sources/volume settings can be applied to both zones. Multichannel sources are mixed down to 2-channels and output to Zone 2. Bi-amp and Front Presence speakers are not available in this mode.
YPAO R.S.C. (w/ Multiple Positioning): YPAO-R.S.C. (w/ Multiple Positioning) analyzes room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound for up to 8 different listening positions. It employs Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalization, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds. Yamaha's YPAO-R.S.C. system uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. First it checks the speaker connections and phase of each speaker. Then it sends out tones which are captured by the microphone to analyze the room acoustics and sets a variety of parameters; such as the speaker size, the distance of the speakers, and even the volume level; until it achieves the best sound conditions for your room. Using the supplied Optimizer Microphone, YPAO performs the following checks and makes appropriate adjustments to give you the best possible sound from your system:
- Speaker Wiring: Checks which speakers are connected and the polarity of each.
- Speaker Size: Checks the frequency response of each speaker and sets the appropriate crossover frequency for each channel.
- Speaker Distance: Checks the distance of each speaker from the listening position and adjusts the delay of each channel.
- EQ: Each channel has a parametric equalizer; choose one
of three target settings before running the setup.
- Natural: adjusts all speaker to a natural sound; useful when the flat setting sounds too bright
- Flat: use when all the speakers in the system have similar sound characteristics
- Front: EQs the center and rear speakers to sound like the front; useful when your front speakers are better than the others in the system
- Volume Level: Checks and adjusts the volume level of each speaker.
Note: You can also choose to manually adjust the AV receiver's speaker settings.
Multi-Channel Decoding Formats: The Yamaha RX-V775WA supports the following multi-channel (Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic) decoding formats.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS: DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo: 6
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx
Note: Dolby Digital and DTS listening modes can only be selected if your audio source is connected to the A/V receiver via a digital audio connection (HDMI, optical, or coaxial). To enjoy true 7.1ch Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD surround sound, the receiver must be connected to your Blu-ray player via HDMI.
Surround Parameters: The Yamaha AV receiver offers the following Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS NEO:6 audio adjustments.
- Dolby Pro Logic II Settings: You can adjust the
following parameters in Pro Logic II Music modes:
- Panorama: sends stereo signals to the surround speakers as well as the front speakers for a wraparound effect
- Dimension: adjusts the soundfield either towards the front or towards the rear of the room
- Center Width: moves the center channel output completely towards the center speaker or towards the front left and right speakers
- Center Image (DTS NEO: 6 Music): This parameter adjusts the front left and right channel output relative to the center channel to make the center channel more or less dominant as necessary.
Cinema DSP Soundfields: Conventional multichannel audio reproduction systems base their sound on Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, using matrix and steering technologies to create surround sound effects. Yamaha Cinema DSP is much more advanced, actually creating richly realized independent soundfields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialogue, music and effects ideally located in these separate soundfields, you will hear sound with accurate placement, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and richness, and realistic presence. It will seem as if the walls of your room have disappeared and you are in the middle of your own immense theater. The AV receiver offers 17 Cinema DSP programs for movies, music, and games.
- Movie Soundfields: Standard, Spectacle, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Drama, Mono Movie
- Entertainment Soundfields: Sports, Action Game, Role Playing Game, Music Video
- Music Soundfields: Hall Munich, Hall in Vienna, Chamber, Cellar club, The Roxy Theater, The Bottom Line, 7ch Stereo
Note: You can change the receiver's Cinema DSP effect level (level of the soundfield effect to be added). You can adjust the level of the soundfield effect from -6 dB to +3 dB.
Cinema DSP Modes: The Yamaha RX-V775WA AV receiver offers proprietary Yamaha Cinema modes so you can enjoy your movies and music even more in your home; regardless if you are using Presence Speakers, only have a two-channel speaker system, or listening through headphones.
- Cinema DSP 3D: The actually measured soundfield data in recorded soundtracks contain the information of the height of the sound images. CINEMA DSP 3D mode achieves the reproduction of the accurate height of theses sound images so that it can create the accurate and intensive stereoscopic soundfield in your listening room. Cinema DSP 3D does this by using the receiver's Presence (height) Speakers or the Virtual Presence Speaker mode.
- Virtual Cinema DSP: Virtual Cinema DSP is an algorithm that allows you to enjoy DSP soundfield surround effects while using a minimal two-speaker system. Virtual Cinema DSP lets you enjoy the effects of Cinema DSP surround sound without using surround speakers (handy for use in custom installations where some rooms don't have surround speakers). It can be used with the front/center/presence speakers or even with just the two front left and right speakers. This unit will switch to virtual Cinema DSP mode automatically when surround speakers are unavailable.
- Silent Cinema: Silent Cinema makes it possible to hear large-scale surround sound through ordinary headphones. This is a variation of Cinema DSP technology that Yamaha developed to let you listen in private to movies and other multi-channel sources for hours without listening fatigue.
HiFi Sound Modes: The Yamaha RX-V775WA offers two HiFi audio modes which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. These HiFi sound modes lets you play back input sources without any soundfield effect processing. When either of theses modes are enabled, each speaker produces its own channel audio signal (without soundfield processing). When playing back 2-channle sources, such as a CD player, stereo sound is heard from the front speakers. When playing back multichannel sources, the receiver produces unprocessed multichannel surround sound.
- Straight: 2-channel stereo sources are output from only the front left and right speakers, while multi-channel sources are decoded straight into the appropriate channels without any additional tone or DSP processing.
- Pure Direct: Turns off the surround and tone circuitry, dims the front-panel display, and cancels AV output to allow sources to bypass the decoders and DSP processors of this unit so you can enjoy pure hi-fi sound from 2-channel or multi-channel sources. During Direct playback no sound is output from the subwoofer
Compressed Music Enhancer: Yamaha employs sophisticated digital signal processing with exclusive algorithms to enable playback that improves the performance of compressed music formats, including MP3, WMA, and AAC. With the Compressed Music Enhancer, highs and especially lows are richer and smoother, bringing music back to life to be as close to the original as possible.
Dialogue Lift & Level Adjustment: Dialogue Lift raises the sound of dialogue from the center speaker to a position in the center of the screen. Newly developed virtual dialogue lift achieves dialogue lift function even without the need for presence speakers. Dialogue Level Adjustment lets you control the volume of the vocal sound, so you hear movie dialogue and music vocals at the ideal level for clear, comfortable listening.
Dynamic Range Control: The Yamaha RX-V775WA employs two Dynamic Range Control functions.
- Adaptive DRC: Adaptive DRC automatically adjusts the dynamic range of the sound according to the volume level. This ensures that you hear clear dialog, vocals, and all sound effects at comfortable levels. There is no need to adjust the volume level as you listen; everything from whispers to big explosions will be heard clearly and comfortably at the same volume setting. It also tones down loud TV commercials and is ideal for low-volume, late-night listening when you do not want to disturb others.
- Dynamic Range: The amount of dynamic range compression applied to bitstream signals is adjustable; Min/Auto is suitable for low volume listening, Standard is typical for home use, and Max doesn't compress the dynamic range at all.
Bass Management: The Yamaha RX-V775WA AV receiver provides the following Bass Management settings.
- Bass & Treble: You can adjust the balance of the high-frequency range (Treble) and low-frequency range (Bass) of sounds output from the receiver' front left and right speakers to obtain a desired tone. You can independently adjust the bass (50Hz) and treble (20kHz) from -6dB to +6dB in 0.5 dB increments. The tone control of the speakers or headphones can be set separately.
- Extra Bass: You can select whether to play front channel low-frequencies through either of the front speaker or the subwoofer, or through both the subwoofer and front speakers.
- Subwoofer Trim: The Subwoofer Trim control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is "pushed" toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
Volume Setup: The Yamaha RX-V775WA allows you to customize the receiver's volume levels.
- Max Volume Adjustment: Use this feature to set the receiver's maximum volume level. This feature is useful to avoid turning the volume too loud by mistake. You can set the Max Volume from -30 dB to +15 dB in 5 dB steps, or to +16.5 dB (full volume range is -80 dB to +16.5 dB).
- Initial Volume Setting: Use this feature to set the volume level when the power is turned on. You can choose between Off (same as the volume when the unit was turned off), Mute, and -80 dB to + 16.5 dB in increments of 0.5 dB.
- Volume Trim: Use this feature to adjust the volume level of each input. This is useful to balance the level of each input to avoid sudden changes in volume when switching between input sources. The range is from -6 dB to +6 dB in 0.5 dB increments.
Audio Inputs/Outputs: The Yamaha RX-V775WA offers a variety of analog and digital audio inputs/outputs.
- Digital Inputs: The Yamaha AV receiver is equipped with two optical digital inputs (AV-1/AV-4) and two coaxial digital inputs (AV-2/AV-3).
- Stereo RCA Jacks: The receiver is also equipped with four stereo RCA analog audio inputs, stereo RCA analog audio record output, and stereo RCA Zone 2 output.
- 7.2ch Preamp Outputs: The A/V receiver features 7.2-channel pre-amp outputs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers.
- Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding post terminals for the Front, Center, Surround, and Surround Back/Bi-Amp speaker terminals. The Zone 2/Presence speakers terminals are spring-clip. The binding posts can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs. These terminals are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs and a collar surrounding them prevents the use of spade connectors. The spring-clip terminals only accept bare wire or pin-connector. You can select 8 ohms or 6 ohms in the menu depending on your speaker application. The amplifier supports 4- to 8-ohm Front speakers, and 6- to 8-ohm Center and Surround speakers.
- Headphone Jack: The Yamaha RX-V775WA is equipped with a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack for connecting a set of headphone, so you can listen to your music privately. Connecting a set of headphones automatically mutes the receiver's speaker outputs. Sound effects applied during playback can also be heard through the headphones.
HDMI (v.1.4): The Yamaha RXV775WA AV receiver is fitted with 6 HDMI (v.1.4) inputs and 2 HDMI (v.1.4) outputs to deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video signals. The HDMI 1.4 jacks support 1080p and 4K video signals; as well as 3D video and ARC functionality. Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, and auto Lip-Sync compensation is also supported via HDMI. The AV receiver's HDMI jacks support 2-channel and multi-channel linear PCM (up to 8-channel) and Bitstream (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc) digital audio formats. The two HDMI outputs are parallel so the same video signal is output through both and can be used simultaneously.
- 4K Pass Through: 4K Pass Through allows the Yamaha RX-V775WA to receive super high-definition resolution video and pass the video signal to a 4K compatible TV or display monitor. This ensures compatibility with the latest super high resolution video formats.
- 3D Ready: The Yamaha RX-V775WA AV receiver supports 3D HDMI pass-through from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). 3D provides a more engaging audio and video consumer experience. Note that special eyewear may be required for viewing 3D content
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Deep/x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-500ms) if the TV supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 500ms to synchronize it with the video image.
Note: When you output a video signal from both HDMI outputs simultaneously, the receiver outputs the video signal at the highest resolution that both TVs connected to this unit can support. For example, if you are have connected a 1080p TV and a 720p TV, the receiver will output 720p video through both HDMI outputs.
MHL-Compatible HDMI Port: One of the receiver's six HDMI inputs is on the front-panel and MHL compatible. This MHL compatible HDMI port provides easy, direct connection of MHL compatible smartphones. Playback of up to 1080p video and multi-channel audio from the phone is supported. The receiver will also charge your connected phone. Play, Stop, and other basic operations can be controlled from the AV receiver's remote control.
HDMI Standby Through Mode: When the RX-V775WA is in standby mode (power off), the Standby Through feature allows HDMI source signals to pass through the receiver to the TV. The HDMI input can be changed using the remote control. So, there's not need to turn on the A/V receiver in order to switch HDMI sources.
Analog Video: The RX-V775WA AV receiver offers both composite and component analog video jacks.
- Component Video: The RX-V775WA offers two component video inputs and one component video monitor output. These jacks have a frequency response of 5 Hz to 60 MHz and will pass High Definition video sources up to 1080i.
- Composite: The receiver features five composite video inputs (4 rear/1 front), one composite video record output, and one composite video monitor output.
4K Video Upscaling: The Yamaha RX-V775WA is capable of outstanding upscaling and i/p conversion quality. This AV Receiver will upscale video signals from analog (480i only)-to-HDMI and HDMI-to-HDMI, up to 4K. This means a much better picture with HDTVs capable of 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 4K resolution.
Edge Adaptive Deinterlacing: In ordinary deinterlacing, pixels in areas of movement are interpolated by upper and lower ranges. This causes jaggies in diagonal lines. Edge adaptive deinterlacing detects the direction of the line and interpolates the pixels optimally.
Background Video: The Background Video feature allows you to watch a video source while listening to a different audio source. With the RX-V775WA , you can select any video input, and listen to AM/FM radio or select songs from a USB device at the same time.
Wired or WiFi Network Connection: The Yamaha AV receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to connect the receiver to your home network to access your DLNA music server, or Internet Radio. There is also a rear-panel USB type-A port (5V/0.5A) that allows you to connect the included Yamaha YWA-10 wireless network adapter for a wireless (WiFi) network connection. The included WYA-10 wireless network adapter is IEEE 8-02.11b/g/n compatible and supports WPS (WiFi Protected Setup).
DLNA 1.5/Windows 7 Certified: The RX-V775WA is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7 compliant for audio networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music stored on your PC. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through your audio system, or use the RX-V775WA to browse and play music files on your hard drive.You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the AV receiver's remote control. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag and META tag information so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed from the unit's on-screen menu (via HDMI). The Yamaha receive supports the playback of the following music files.
- MP3 (up to 48kHz/320kbps)
- WMA (up to 48kHz/320kbps)
- AAC (up to 48kHz/320kbps)
- WAV (up to 192kHz/24-bit)
- FLAC (up to 192kHz/24-bit)
Note: The AV receiver supports the following music servers - (1) PC with Windows Media Player 11 or later installed, (2) PC with DLNA/UPnP Certificate server software installed, (3) NAS with DLNA/UPnP certification.
Internet Radio: The Yamaha RX-V775WA 's network connection provides access to Pandora and vTuner Internet Radio. You can control the Internet Radio services from the AV receiver's remote control and on-screen menu (via HDMI). The receiver will display station name, album name, song title, and elapsed time on your HDMI-connected television.
|Pandora||Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.|
|Rhapsody||Rhapsody is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.|
|vTuner||You can also listen to Internet radio stations using the vTuner Internet Radio Station database service particularly customized for this unit, providing a database of numerous radio stations around the world. You can search for Internet Radio stations by Location, Genre, New, Popular, or Podcast.|
|SiriusXM||Requires firmware update. SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.|
AM/FM Tuner: The Yamaha RX-V775WA AV receiver features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The RX-V775WA lets you store up to 40 AM/FM station presets. This can be done manually or automatically (auto-preset tuning). You can set this receiver to automatically match FM broadcast frequencies in stereo, or convert the frequency to monaural for weaker stations. An indoor FM wire antenna and AM loop antenna are included with the receiver.
Web Control: When connected to your network (with Internet connection), you can control the Yamaha AV receiver with the web control screen displayed in your PC's web browser. You'll be able to control functions such as, Power On/Off & Volume. Internet Explorer 7.x, 8.x, 9.x is recommended for web browser.
Firmware Updates: New firmware will be released for the purpose of additional features or product improvements. Firmware updates can be downloaded from the Yamaha website. If this unit is connected to the Internet, the receiver will indicate when a new firmware version is available and you can download the firmware via the network connection. Firmware updates normally take approximately 20 minutes or longer. The test A/V receiver contained firmware version 1.04 (as of 4/11/2013). Check Yamaha's Support Download Site for the most recent firmware updates.
USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy MP3 (up to 48kHz/320kbps), WMA (up to 48kHz/320kbps), AAC (up to 48kHz/320kbps), WAV (up to 192kHz/24-bit), and FLAC (up to 192kHz/24-bit) music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as your Android smartphone, portable MP3 player or USB thumbdrive (not compatible with USB HDDs). Your USB mass storage class device must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32 . You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/2.1A); even in standby mode.
Note: While listening to a song from a USB device, you can view a favorite video or photo from the receiver's monitor output.
AirPlay: This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means it can accept wireless music streaming from your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad; as well as from iTunes on Macs or PCs. This makes it easy to enjoy your iTunes music from your mobile Apple iOS device or computer on your home theater system. You can even view metadata such as song title, artist name, as well as album art via AV receiver's on-screen display. In addition, you can download Apple's free "Remote" application and use your Apple device as the remote control for your iTunes account.
Note: To use the AirPlay feature you need a Mac or Windows-based PC running iTunes (10.2.2 or later) connected to your wireless home network. Your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad must have iOS 4.3.3 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network.
iPod/iPhone/iPad Direct: The Yamaha AV receiver is fitted with a front-panel USB (type-A) port, composite video input, and HDMI port for playback of audio and video files on your iPod, iPhone, or iPad device.
- Audio Playback: The USB (type-A) port on the front-panel provides convenient connection for your iPod/iPhone/iPad so you can listen to your stored music and music apps through the Yamaha AV receiver (use the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device). This USB digital connection means that the digital audio signal from your iPod/iPhone/iPad is transmitted directly to the system, minimizing noise interference and allowing use of the receiver's DAC, not the DAC in your iPod/iPhone. This results in more precise sound reproduction. You can navigate your Apple device's music via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control, or continue to use your Apple device's clickwheel or touchscreen. You can browse your iPod/iPhone/iPad's stored music content via Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Composer. You can also control Repeat & Shuffle functions. Basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) for music apps can also be controlled by the AV receiver's remote. Song/artist information and Album Art from stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone will display on your connected TV via HDMI (song/artist text will also display on receiver's front-panel display).
- Video Playback: You can also view video from stored movies and movie apps on your iPod/iPhone/iPad by connecting your Apple device to the AV receiver's front-panel USB port and either the composite video input or HDMI input. Use the Apple Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter (472LT2HDMI sold separately), the Apple Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your device, and a HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect your iPod touch (5th gen), iPhone 5, iPad 4, or iPad mini to the AV receiver. Use the Apple Composite AV cable (sold separately) for video-capable iPod/iPhone/iPad devices with a 30-pin connector. Video from your iPod/iPhone/iPad can only be navigated from your Apple device's clickwheel or touchscreen (select Simple mode on receiver).
Note: Your Apple device's battery will be charged while connected to the receiver (max. 2.1A).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: Using the Lightning- or Dock-cable that came with your Apple device to connect directly to the Yamaha AV receiver, iPod/iPhone compatibility is as follows (as of 9/24/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Connector Type||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|USB||AirPlay||Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
On-Screen (GUI) Menu: The RX-V775WA offers an on-screen (GUI) menu system through its HDMI output. The simple on-screen display combines text and graphics that make setup and other operations extremely easy. If your TV is connected to the composite video or component video monitor output, you will need to use the AV receiver's front-panel display when changing settings. You can set the receiver's on-screen menu language to English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, or Chinese.
Scene (for One-Touch Start): The RX-V775WA features four Scene buttons on the front panel and remote to make operating the receiver easier. These buttons are initially set to default settings for Blu-ray/DVD viewing, TV viewing, Internet Radio listening, and AM/FM Radio listening. Each can be reprogrammed to any input and any soundfield. Pressing a Scene button will automatically launch a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button. Other Scene settings are also available, such as iPod Listening, TV Sports Viewing, and Action Game Playing. Browsing and selecting the settings is quickly accomplished by changing Input via the front panel and watching the on-screen display. The settings can be selected for one-time use, or they can replace the original default settings. The Scene names can also be changed.
Multi-Source/Multi-Zone: The Yamaha RX-V775WA offers Zone 2 and Party Mode functionality for playback of audio in two separate rooms of your home.
- Zone 2: The Zone 2 feature allows you to set this receiver
to reproduce separate input sources in the main zone and the second zone (Zone
2). The receiver has dedicated stereo RCA outputs for Zone 2, or the built-in
amplifier can be configured to power speakers in the second zone connected to
the Extra Speaker terminals. By using the RCA outputs on the AV receiver you can
connect an external receiver or integrated amplifier in a second room, allowing
you to listen to 7.1ch surround in the main room and play a different stereo
audio source in another room of your home. The volume of Zone 2 is controlled by
your optional integrated amp. By using the speaker-level outputs on the AV
receiver you can directly connect a secondary pair of speakers in another room
of your home, allowing you to listen to 5.1 surround sound in your main room and
play a different stereo audio source in the other room. When the receiver is
powering speakers in Zone 2, the surround back speakers in the main room are
turned off (limiting you to 5.1ch in the main room). The volume of Zone 2 is
controlled by the AV receiver.
- Compatible Zone Sources: Analog Audio Inputs, AM/FM Tuner (you cannot select different AM/FM radio stations for each zone), USB (including iPod/iPhone), AirPlay (for iPod/iPhone/iPad), Internet Radio (Pandora/Rhapsody/vTuner), DLNA/Media Player contents.
- Incompatible Zone Sources: Optical/coaxial digital and HDMI audio sources are not output to Zone 2. You cannot output any video signal to Zone 2. Unfortunately, a USB source (including iPod/iPhone) and Network connected sources (Internet Radio/Media Player) cannot be played back in different Zones at the same time. Additionally, network connected sources cannot be played back in multiple zones at the same time.
- Party Mode: The Party Mode allows you to enjoy the AV receiver's Main Zone audio source in Zone 2, simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types; analog or digital). During the party mode, stereo playback is automatically selected for all zones. Both the Main Zone & Zone 2 play at the same volume level during Party mode. Utilize this function when you want to play back the same audio source as background music in two rooms of your home.
Input Rename: You can rename each input so the display reflects the actual source; choose from 15 templates or create an original name, up to nine characters.
Display Dimmer: You can set the brightness of the front-panel display from -4 to 0.
ECO Mode: When the ECO Mode is enabled, you can reduce the receiver' power consumption by keeping the maximum volume, maximum output power, and front display's brightness low. ECO mode reduces power consumption by approximately 20%.
Timers: The receiver offers a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Power Down function.
- Sleep Timer: The receiver's Sleep Timer function can be set turn the unit automatically off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
- Auto Power Down: If you don't operate the receiver or use the remote for an extended period of time, the unit will automatically go into standby mode (Auto Power Down function). The Auto Power Down feature is selectable from 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours.
Memory Guard: This feature is used to prevent accidental changes to the DSP program parameter values and other system settings.
Multibrand Remote Control: The receiver comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of this receiver and other HDMI-connected sources (via HDMI CEC). In addition to the receiver, the remote can be programmed to control multiple brands of TVs, Blu-ray players, DVD players/recorders, DVRs, VCRs, etc.
HDMI Control: The Yamaha AV receiver supports the HDMI control function, which allows you to operate external components via HDMI. If your TV or other external components support HDMI control, you can use the remote controls of those devices to operate some of this unit's functions, and to synchronize this unit with the operation of those devices. You can use the following operations with the remote control of any of the connected HDMI Control compatible devices.
- Power synchronization (On/Standby)
- Volume control, including Mute
- Changing the volume of the audio output signal device (either the TV or the receiver)
AV Controller App: This AV Controller App (free) will turn your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad or Android device into a Wi-Fi enabled remote control for the Yamaha AV receiver. This App provides the flexibility to control input, volume, mute and power commands. You can browse content from all internally available sources such as Internet Radio, USB and AM/FM tuners. You can also control all AV receiver zones such as powering on and changing input for each zone. This App not only controls the Yamaha AV receiver, it also controls Yamaha Blu-ray Disc Players, supporting various functions including Play, Stop and Forward. In addition, you can browse music stored on your Apple iOS or Android device and wirelessly transfer the content to the Yamaha A/V receiver for playback.
- AV Controller App for Apple: The free AV controller App for Apple is available for download from the Apple iTunes App Store. It supports the iPod touch, iPhone , or iPad with iOS 4.2 or higher installed.
- AV Controller App for Android: The free AV controller App for Android is available for download from the online Google Play. Requires Android 2.1 and up.
Note: You must have a wireless network in your home and the Yamaha AV receiver & Apple or Android device connected to the same network.
Remote Connections: The RX-V775WA offers a variety of remote connections.
- 12V Trigger Output: The RX-V775WA has a programmable minijack output to send a 12-Volt DC turn-on signal to another component that accepts a 12V trigger, such as a power amplifier or motorized projection screen. The trigger is programmed either to work with a specific zone (main room or Zone2) or a specific source.
- Remote Jacks: The receiver has remote input and remote output minijack terminals for use with external IR receivers and compatible Yamaha components.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.