Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Powered home theater sound bar with Bluetooth®
From Yamaha: YAS-152 Soundbar
Item # 022YAS152 | MFR # YAS-152BL
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Yamaha YAS-152 by Crutchfield's David Brown
A sound bar made for really big screens
A sound bar should look like it was designed to match your TV. If you've got a really big HDTV, you don't want a tiny bar flanking it. So Yamaha designed the YAS-152 to match TVs with extra-large screen sizes — 55 inches and up — so picture and sound are in true harmony.
Long on sound-enhancing features
Yamaha packs a lot of value into the YAS-152. But let's start with the basics: its detailed, powerful sound. Built-in amplifiers power four drivers to deliver rich, full-range sound, with plenty of high-frequency detail and low-end thump. Each end of the bar is ported for enhanced bass response, so you get deep bass without the need for a separate subwoofer. Built-in Dolby® and DTS® decoding as well as Yamaha's digital surround processing give movie and TV sound a more three-dimensional effect. It's a far cry from the flat, thin sound TV speakers are infamous for.
Bluetooth compatibility, with a twist
If you have a Bluetooth-compatible smartphone, this sound bar offers a couple of very cool features. The first is wireless music streaming, so you can use the YAS-152 to enjoy your favorite tunes — great for MP3s stored on your device or streaming music from services like Pandora® Internet radio and Spotify. But Yamaha takes Bluetooth a step further than most sound bars: download the free Yamaha Home Theater Controller app to your Apple® or Android™ smartphone and use it as a remote. It lets you select your input and choose from different surround modes.
Worry-free setup and operation
One cable is likely all you'll need to connect the YAS-152 to your TV to bypass its built-in speakers for room-filling sound. Chances are, if you own an HDTV with a screen size bigger than 55 inches, it will have an optical digital output. The included optical cable should be all you need to start hearing movies and TV shows in all their sonic glory. The included remote can learn your TV's power and volume commands. And a built-in IR repeater on the bar means that your TV remote will still work, even if the bar blocks the TV's infrared receiver.
easy setup, like the adjustable sub-woofer. The repeater feature for TV remote is Great.. altogether a great sound bar
What's in the Box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Remote control (FSR64)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 5' Optical digital cable
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration
- "Yamaha Worldwide Representative Offices" sheet
- designed for use with TVs with screen sizes 55" and up
- built-in amplifiers: 30 watts x 2 for front L/R drivers, 60 watts for bass drivers
- two 2-1/2" full-range drivers
- two 3-1/2" down-firing cone subwoofers
- 2 bass ports enhance low-frequency response
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Dolby Digital and DTS decoding
- Yamaha's Air Surround Xtreme produces virtual 7.1-channel surround sound for a more immersive listening experience
- Clear Voice processing for clearer-sounding dialogue
- UniVolume maintains steady sound levels, eliminating unwanted bursts from commercials
- free downloadable Yamaha Home Theater Controller app for Apple and Android lets you control the bar via Bluetooth with your smartphone
- rests on a TV stand or can be mounted on a wall (hardware not included)
- rear built-in remote flasher ensures that commands are transmitted to your TV
- system learns TV remote commands for single-remote use
- remote control with independent subwoofer volume
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Connections and Dimensions:
- digital inputs: 1 optical (cable included), 1 coaxial
- analog inputs: 1 stereo RCA, 1 minijack
- mono preamp output for optional powered sub
- 47-1/4"W x 4-1/4"H x 5-5/16"D (with stands/brackets)
- weight: 10.6 lbs.
Yamaha YAS-152 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||1|
|Midrange||2.5" cone (2)|
|Woofer||3.5" cone (2)|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Audio Return Channel||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||Yes|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|System Frequency Response||45-22k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||120|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Sound Bar (inches)||4-1/4H x 47-1/4W x 5-5/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||10.6 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||No Subwoofer|
TV Compatibility: At 47.25" wide, the YAS-152 active soundbar speaker is designed for 55" and larger flat-panel LCD, LED-LCD, and Plasma TVs. Its elegantly-curved front surface and glossy-black finish will complement your flat-panel TV perfectly. Your television must also features an analog (3.5mm/RCA) or digital (optical/coaxial) input.
2.2Ch Speaker System w/ 120W Digital Amplifier: The Yamaha YAS-152 soundbar combines two 2.5" full-range drivers (front-firing) with dual 3.5" subwoofers (down-firing), driven by a built-in digital amplifier rated at 30 watt (RMS) x 2 channel (6-ohm, 1kHz, 10% THD) + 60 watt (RMS) x 1 channel (3-ohm, 100kHz, 10% THD).
- Dual 2.5" Full-Range Drivers: The two 2.5" full-range drivers are housed in separate acoustic suspension chambers on the left and right side of the cabinet for superior imaging and detail.
- Dual 3.5" Subwoofers: The dual 3.5" subwoofers employ large magnets and large-diameter voice coils for dynamic bass response; ensuring that the overall sound has a rich sense of presence, making movie effect sounds more realistic. The dual 3.5" woofers are housed in separate bass reflex chambers for added efficiency and better bass response. Each bass reflex port has a straight shape and adequate length to provide outstanding bass response together with the large volume cabinet. The duct outlet is shaped like a trumpet bell, which reduces wind noise for better sound clarity.
Dolby Digital/DTS + Air Surround Xtreme: The YAS-152 soundbar is compatible with popular surround sound formats; such as Dolby Digital and DTS Digital Surround, so you get the full effect of multichannel movie sound. Yamaha's exclusive Air Surround Xtreme reproduces 7.1-channel surround sound with high quality, excellent imaging, and rich presence; far superior to that of the speakers in your TV. You'll experience an extremely realistic and impressive sound field, with clear dialog in the front and dynamic sound action at the back and sides. You can also set the soundbar speaker system to Stereo.
Audio Enhancements: The Yamaha YAS-152 soundbar speaker provides a variety of audio adjustments to enhance your movie and music listening experience.
- Clear Voice: The Clear Voice function raises the level of dialog and narrations while maintaining overall sound quality. Movies, TV shows, sports commentary, and news broadcasts are more clearly audible.
- UniVolume: UniVolume is a Yamaha-developed technology that maintains a consistent volume level between different channels, programs, commercials, and input sources. For instance, when watching TV while using UniVolume, the volume of commercials will not be louder than the program being viewed. The same is true when switching sources to watch a DVD or Blu-ray movie, or to listen to music on CD. This is particularly helpful for late night watching and listening when spikes in volume can disturb others in the house or apartment building. This feature can be switched On or Off.
- Audio Delay Control (Lip Sync): This technology adjusts the timing of the picture and dialog, so they are always in sync with one another.
Analog + Digital Inputs: The Yamaha YAS-152 is fitted with both analog and digital inputs to connect your flat-panel television and other AV components. The soundbar speaker features two analog inputs (3.5mm/RCA) and two digital inputs (optical/coaxial). The soundbar's digital inputs support PCM, Dolby Digital, and DTS audio signals. You should turn your TV's speakers off or set the TV's volume to 0.
Subwoofer Output: The Subwoofer Out mono-RCA jack on the rear-panel of the Yamaha soundbar lets you connect an additional subwoofer to enjoy even more powerful bass sound. You cannot use the soundbar speaker's built-in subwoofer and the external subwoofer connection simultaneously.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Yamaha YAS-152 soundbar supports Bluetooth (v.2.1+EDR) A2DP wireless audio streaming. This allows you to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device (such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/table, or computer/laptop) to the YAS-152 soundbar speaker. You will continue to navigate your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled device. This unit pairs with your Bluetooth-enabled device with a single press of a button. Up to 8 devices can be paired, but only one can be used at a time. Once paired, the YAS-152 will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Remote Control w/ IR Repeater: The YAS-152's IR remote control is simple and easy to use. It lets you turn the power On or Off, adjust the volume, do other basic operations, and lets you switch the surround modes. The YAS-152 also has the ability to "learn" the TV remote control operation, so you can use the TV remote control to turn the YAS-152 On or Off, and to adjust its volume. This allows you to use either the TV remote or the Yamaha remote for easy operation. Even if the YAS-152 blocks the TV's remote control signal, the IR repeater on the back of the soundbar transmits the signal to the TV so operation is not affected.
Remote App (for Apple iOS/Android): The YAS-152 is compatible with Yamaha's Home Theater Control App (HT Controller), available for free download for Apple iOS (5.1+) and Android (2.3.3+)devices. Download this app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store. This remote app makes it easy to control the sound bar via a Bluetooth connection; including input selections, surround modes, and other settings.
Mounting Options: When placed on a stand, the soundbar's feet allow it to straddle the base of your flat-panel TV, or can be removed for a lower-profile look. The soundbar speaker can also be mounted to a wall using the two rear-panel keyhole slots, the included mounting template, and mounting hardware (sold separately).
Auto Standby: The soundbar will automatically turn off when there is no operation for 8 hours, or not audio input and no operation for 30 minutes.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
Yes they are. [ RODOLFO A Apr 03, 2015 ]
I have mine on a flat surface. On page 6 of the manual, instructions for attaching the sound bar to a wall and also for removing stands from the sound bar are described. [ John Mar 27, 2015 ]
Yes, The feet are removable. If you purchase the Yamaha mounting bracket, or fabricate your own, like I did, mounting this unit to the wall is the way to go. Good Luck! [ KELLY G Mar 27, 2015 ]
I have my feet attached since it's sitting on a TV stand however, I believe so since there is a single phillips screw in the center of the feet. Hope that helps! [ John Mar 27, 2015 ]
Hi Ricardo, I did not remove the feet. Mostly move around, specially in summer for outdoor gathering and all. [ SUSHIL Mar 27, 2015 ]
Yes [ Edgar Mar 27, 2015 ]
Can I set sound bar on top of tv [ Bob Jun 21, 2014 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: You can make any powered subwoofers we sell wireless with this add on adapter, the MartinLogan SW2-TRD. If you are looking at the sound bar to just play louder and have better clarity than the TV speakers I would not say you have to have a subwoofer. It will be much better than the TV speakers. Adding a subwoofer is always a good idea though, adding the deeper bass will immerse you more into music and movies and round out and balance the system. With the YAS-152 the YST-FSW150 would be a nice add-on. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Jun 03, 2014 ] Staff