Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Blaupunkt Casablanca CD51
CD Receiver with CD Changer Controls
Our take on the Blaupunkt Casablanca CD51
More than just a CD receiver, Blaupunkt's Casablanca CD51 helps you create your own sonic oasis. You can compensate for your interior vehicle size with one of six Car Acoustics presets. Additionally, six preset EQ curves and a 5-band parametric equalizer make beautiful music together like Bogie and Bergman. And AutoSound helps to keep the volume level constant when you accelerate or slow down.
Blaupunkt's DigiCeiver tuner sets the standard for excellence in AM/FM reception. Use the 4-volt front and rear preamp outputs to connect optional performance-enhancing component amps. Bass lovers can get the "whomp" they crave by connecting an amp and subwoofer to the mono sub output. A wireless remote is optional.Details:
- detachable, fold-down face
- DigiCeiver tuner
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- Radio Data System
- SHARX reception enhancement
- front/rear preamp outputs
- mono subwoofer output
- Car Acoustics presets: "Compact," "Limousine," "Van," "Roadster," "Mini," or "Truck"
- EQ presets: "Classic," "Pop," "Jazz," "Rock," "Techno," and "Speech"
- 5-band digital EQ
- CD changer controls
- auxiliary input-ready (adapter required)
- disc naming
- optional remote
- 25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 96 dB
- FM sensitivity 7.8 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver with 10-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Speaker wiring harness
- Power wiring harness
- Preamp output harness
- 2 DIN radio removal tools
- European to Motorola antenna adapter
- Antenna adapter clip
- Plastic bushing and bumper extension
- 1 Face security screw
- 4 Self-tapping ISO-DIN mounting screws
- Operating and installation instructions (English/French/Spanish/Portuguese)
- Warranty sheet
- Benefits Registration card (Insurance Referral/Warranty Confirmation and Ownership Registration)
- Equipment pass
- Note regarding connecting and optional navigation system (recommends using a separate speaker for navigation output)
- 1 Blaupunkt bumper sticker (3-1/8" x 1-1/2")
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red/Blue/Keyed*|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||7.8 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Spectrometer: When playing music, a five band level indicator gives a graphic representation of the audio signal level. When making balance, fader, bass, and treble adjustments, the level indicator gives a graphic representation of the adjustment being made.
Digital EQ: This unit has a 5-band digital parametric EQ. The EQ allows you to select Sub Low EQ (32 to 50Hz), Low EQ (63 to 250Hz), Mid EQ (315 to 1250Hz), Mid/High EQ (1600 to 6300Hz), and High EQ (8000 to 12500Hz). Once chosen, each frequency can be adjusted from +8 to -8dB. In addition to the independently adjustable EQ bands, this unit has the following EQ presets: Classic, Pop, Jazz, Rock, Techno and Speech.
Car Acoustics Presets: To further improve the sound properties in your vehicle, you can match your vehicle to one of six Car Acoustics Presets: Compact, Limousine (Sedan), Van, Roadster, Mini, or Truck.
Automatic Sound: This function automatically adjusts the volume of the unit depending on your driving speed. The automatic volume adjustment can be set to one of six levels (0-5). The head unit's white wire needs to be connected to the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). With the signal from the Vehicle Speed Sensor, this feature can increase and decrease the volume level of the unit. Assuming the vehicle has a non-mechanical speedometer, this feature will work.
DigiCeiver Technology: As a result of advanced high-integration strategies, the complete functionality of a car radio has been reduced to a two-chip set (an analog tuner IC and a digital radio IC). The digital IC performs the following functions: A/D conversion at the IF-level (intermediate frequency level), IF filtering, AM/FM demodulation, stereo and RDS decoding, RDS error correction, tone control (bass, treble, loudness, EQ), D/A conversion at audio frequencies, and volume control. The digital chip contains additional inputs for analog (AUX input) and digital sources (CD/CD changer). Compared to conventional Blaupunkt receivers, the number of components required to perform the functions listed above has been reduced by 200.
RDS (Radio Data System): This unit supports the following RDS functions:
- Station Name Display: When a broadcast containing RDS station name information is received, the name will appear in the display
- Radio Text: A number of radio stations use the RDS signal to transmit advertising, or other text in place of their station names. These "radio texts" will appear in the display. You can adjust the radio so the "radio texts" do not appear.
- Broadcast Browsing: If a radio broadcasting network has more than one station, you can page through the "broadcasting network"
- Automatic Clock Set: When "CLOCK AUTO" is selected in the menu, the unit will automatically set the time when tuned to a RDS station that broadcasts RDS-CT (clock time) information.
SHARX Adaptive IF Switching: The SHARX feature may be turned On or Off. When turned on, the SHARX feature changes the IF (intermediate frequency) bandwidth to eliminate most, if not all, interference caused by strong adjacent radio stations.
CD Naming: This unit allows you to name up to 30 of your CDs. Each name can be up to eight characters long. The name you give to the CD will not be deleted when you remove the CD from the CD player. When the CD is inserted again at a later date, the name will appear in the display. When a compatible CD changer is connected, names for up to 99 CDs may be entered. Each name for a disc loaded in the changer can be up to seven characters long.
CD Pause: This unit allows you to pause CD and CD changer playback.
Aux Input "Ready": Two optional aux input harnesses (items 023AUXIN and 023AUXIN2) may be purchased and connected to this unit to provide inputs for portable cassette, MD, or MP3 players. The input on each optional harness is a 3.5mm male stereo mini-jack. When a CD changer is connected to the head unit, there is no place to connect the Aux 1 (item 023AUXIN) input harness, but the Aux 2 input is not affected. Since the Aux 2 input is not affected by a CD changer, you may connect a CD changer and item 023AUXIN2 at the same time.
Compatible with Optional Thummer III Remote: This unit is equipped with an input that will accept the connector from the Thummer III steering wheel remote control's receiving "eye"; this unit is not compatible with RC-06H remote (item 023RC06H).
Ignition-Off Turn On with 1-Hour Shut Off: This unit may be turned on while the ignition is off (no power supplied to the accessory 12V wire), then, after an hour of playback, the unit automatically shuts off to prevent the battery from going dead.
Ignition-Off Clock Recall: When the ignition is turned off, this feature allows you to briefly display the clock by pressing the clock/display button.
Cellular Mute Wire: The cellular mute wire may be connected to the muting output wire found on some cell phones. When this wire has been connected to an appropriate cell phone muting output and the cell phone rings, this wire receives a signal and automatically mutes the head unit's output.
Mounting: The CD mechanism can be mounted at any angle from -10 to 105 degrees, giving you greater mounting flexibility.
Menu System: The menu system allows you to customize the unit's settings. You may access the menu system by pressing the Menu button. The menu system options are as follows:
- Clock Display: Allows you to turn the clock display on or off. When the clock display is turned on, the clock will appear when the ignition is on, but the stereo is off.
- Loudness: Allows you to select one of six levels to boost the bass and treble when the volume is low
- On Volume: This feature allows you to set the default turn-on volume. The volume level can be adjusted from 0 to 66.
- Mute Level: Allows you to set the mute volume. When you press the mute button, the volume of the unit will be reduced to the volume level specified. The mute level can be adjusted from 0 to 66.
- Telephone/Navigation Volume: Allows you to choose the volume level that output will be set to when the telephone mute function is activated. The volume level can be adjusted from 0 to 66.
- Aux-In 2: Allows you to turn the Aux 2 input on or off
- Aux-In 1: Allows you to turn the Aux 1 input on or off. This menu option will not appear when a CD Changer is connected, because you cannot connect an Aux input adapter and a CD Changer to the Aux 1/CD changer connector on the back of this unit.
- FM Tuner: Allows you to select one of the following tuning settings: America (AM 10 kHz, FM 200 kHz), Europe (AM 9 kHz, FM 100 kHz), Asia or Thai
- Beep (confirmation beep): Allows you to adjust the volume of the confirmation beep from 0 to 9, where the 0 setting turns the confirmation beep off
- Scan Time: Allows you to adjust the scan time from 5 to 30 seconds in 5 second increments
- 12/24H Mode: Allows you to switch between 12-hour and 24-hour clock display modes
- Clock Auto/Manual: Allows you to select Auto or Manual. If Auto is selected and the station being received supports the RDS clock time function, the unit's clock will be set automatically. When in Manual mode, you must manually set the unit's clock.
- Clock Set: Allows you to manually set the clock
- CD Name: Allows you to enter names for CDs
- Auto Sound: The automatic sound setting can be set to one of six levels
- EQ Display: Allows you to select Spectrum 1, Spectrum 2, or EQ Display Off
- Sensitivity: Allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the tuner from HI to LO
- HiCut: Allows you to reduce interference during poor radio reception by reducing high frequency response. You can select HiCut 0, HiCut 1, HiCut 2, or HiCut 3.
- SHARX: Allows you to turn the SHARX feature on or off
- Disc Skip (forward/reverse)
- Track Skip (forward/reverse)
- Audible Skip (forward/reverse)
- Repeat Play: You can repeat the current track or the current disc
- Mix CD Random Play: The tracks on the current disc are played in random order
- Mix All Random Play: The tracks on all of the loaded discs are played in random order
- Scan Play: You can play the first 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 seconds of each track on each CD in the changer. You may select one of the scan times in the menu system.
- CD Naming: When a compatible CD changer is connected, names for up to 99 CDs may be entered. Each name can be up to seven characters long. The name you give to the CD will not be deleted when you remove the CD from the changer. When the CD is inserted again at a later date, the name will appear in the display.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: When the Clock Display has been turned on, pressing and holding the source button turns off audio output, but the clock display and face/button illumination remain on. When the Clock Display has not been turned on, pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely. This unit's illumination and clock are "keyed" only when the Clock Display has been turned on. When the Clock Display has not been turned on, the unit is off and power is supplied to both power wires, nothing illuminates. If power is then supplied to the orange wire, the ON button illuminates.
Illumination Wire: The orange illumination wire does nothing unless power is supplied to the yellow constant and red power wires. If the unit is off and you apply voltage to the orange wire, only the blue "ON" button will illuminate.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.