Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Item #: 023DVDME1
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Blaupunkt DVD-ME1
The Blaupunkt DVD-ME1 is a multi-format marvel that will amaze you with its multimedia prowess! This versatile component can play DVD videos (video monitor required), MP3 files burned onto CD-R discs, audio CD-Rs, and store-bought CDs.
For even more flexibility, a combined AC/DC power supply is included, so you can use the DVD-ME1 at home or on the road (auxiliary input or multi-source switcher required)! This unit is small enough to fit most anywhere in your vehicle. A wireless remote control is included.Details:
- plays DVD videos, MP3 files, CD-Rs, and CDs
- RCA composite video output
- rear RCA audio outputs
- front panel mini-jack headphone output
- AC and DC power adapters included
- switchable aspect ratios
- MP3 10-second anti-shock memory buffer
- remote supplied (an included 20-foot wired infrared remote sensor lets you control the unit when it's not in sight)
- NTSC or PAL compatible
- CD frequency response 10-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 110 dB
- dimensions: 6-3/4"W x 2-11/16"H x 8-3/4"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- 1 DVD/MP3/CD Player
- 18' RCA stereo audio cable
- 18' RCA video cable
- RC ME1 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- One 20' external remote sensor
- 1 Silver face bezel
- One 41.5" 12V DC power cord with in-line noise filter and 2-amp in-line fuse (adapter must be hardwired to vehicle)
- 1 AC power adapter with attached 58" DC output cord
- 33.25" AC power cord
- 2 Black mounting brackets
- Four 1/2" screws
- Four 1/2" bolts with nuts and washers
- 1 Foam protective pad
- 1 "Quick Reference Remote Control Guide" card
Playable Discs: This unit is compatible with DVD Video, Super Video CD/Video CD, CD and MP3 discs. The unit is compatible with audio and MP3 CD-R discs, but it will not play CD-RW discs.
Audio Outputs: This unit is equipped with a single set of rear panel stereo RCA analog audio outputs and a front panel stereo mini-jack headphone output. There are no digital outputs on this unit. Although the unit can read Dolby Digital audio tracks, they are output only as analog audio from the RCA and headphone outputs. This unit is not compatible with DTS audio tracks.
AC and DC Power Adapters: AC and DC power adapters are included. The DC power adapter has connection leads terminated with ring terminals, so it is made to be hardwired to your vehicle; a cigarette lighter adapter plug is not included.
Multi-angle and Multi-language: This player allows you to choose different angles and languages for DVD playback; for this feature to work, the DVD media played must be recorded with multiple angle and/or language information.
Zoom: During DVD playback, the picture may be enlarged 2X or 4X; once the picture has been enlarged, you may change the portion of the picture being viewed using the cursor buttons on the remote.
External Remote Sensor: A 20 ft. wired infrared remote sensor gives you control of the player without being in sight of the player.
On-screen display: Operation functions and disc information is displayed on your monitor.
NTSC and PAL Compatible: This unit may be set up to work with an NTSC or PAL monitor.
Screen Saver: Keeps the screen from being damaged if the video image stops or is frozen for a few minutes.
Parental Lock: When playing a disc with parental lock function, you may select an age control grade according to the grade of the disc and your desired setting.
- Headphone Output: 1/8" mini-jack headphone output is located on the front left corner of the player
- External Remote Sensor: an 3.5mm minijack input for the remote sensor
- A/V Outputs: 1 RCA composite video output; 1 left and 1 right RCA analog audio output
- AC/DC Input: a 2-pin square input for the AC and DC power adapters
Remote Control Functions:
- Open/Close: Open the disc transport from the remote control
- DVD/MV/TV Switch: Changes the remote commands to operate the TV/Monitor or DVD player functions
- Subtitle: You can choose available disc subtitles
- Language: Allows you to select available language options on the disc
- Repeat: This function can be used to repeatedly play a title, chapter, track, disc
- A-B Repeat: Repeatedly play selected parts of a disc
- Volume: Control the volume of the player's output
- FR/FF Search: Fast forward or fast rewind by 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x (Switch must be set to DVD)
- Brightness Control: Control brightness of the monitor (Switch must be set to MV/TV)
- P.B.C: For Video CD playback control
- Slow Motion: Slow playback by 2x, 4x, or 6x
- Setup Menu: Access control of the players menu
- Direction Buttons: 5 arrows that allow you to navigate through menu options; the center button starts playback of disc
- Channel -/+: Change channels up or down on the monitor (Switch must be set to MV/TV for access)
- Title: Use this button to access the Title menu
- Zoom: Enlarge the picture by 2x or 4x. Once engaged use the direction buttons to move the picture
- Menu: Use this button to access the DVD Menu options
- Pause: Pauses playback
- Stop: Stops playback of disc
- Previous/Next: Use to advance tracks on a disc
- Color: Adjust color of the display (Switch must be set to MV/TV)
- Audio Mode: Use the mode button to select the needed language from a multi-language DVD. Its is also used to select the left/right channel or stereo from a multi-channel CD.
- Return: Return to a previous selection
- OSD: On-screen Display
- System: Use to select a PAL or NTSC system
- Angle: Adjust angel settings on the disc if available
- TV/AV Select: Selects between controls for TV or AV equipment (Switch must be set to MV/TV to access)
- Mute: Mutes the volume
- Power: Turns the unit on or off
- Power Supply: DC 12V, 1.5A
- Power Consumption: <20W
- Dimensions: H=2.675", W=6.703", D=8.730"
- Signal System: NTSC/PAL
- Audio output (Analog): 1.5 + 0.25V; Load Impedance 10K ohms
- Video Output: Level 1 + 0.2V; Load Impedance 75 ohm
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 20KHz + 0.5dB
- S/N Ratio: > 110dB
- Channel Separation: > 85dB
- Dynamic Range: > 90dB
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.