Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Blaupunkt GTb 8A
8" 75-watt powered subwoofer
Our take on the Blaupunkt GTb 8A by Crutchfield's John Pollard
Get ready to rock with Blaupunkt's GTb 8A powered subwoofer. You'll feel the bass you've been missing as the 8" spun-paper woofer pumps out the low-end thump. Its built-in 75-watt RMS amplifier keeps you from having to match up a separate amplifier — you just wire this sub up to your system and you're good to go. At under 11" deep, this compact sub will fit in some pretty tight places.
I upgraded my auto stereo system with component front & rear speakers & equalizer yet was lacking the low bass and decided to try this sub. I primarily listen to lower volume settings and this sub is just right. Easy to install and provides the much needed "bottom end".
Bob, Lincoln, NE
What's in the Box:
- Subwoofer enclosure loaded with one 8" Woofer and built-in amplifier
- 7.5 amp ATO fuses (installed)
- Wiring harness (16.5' Power and speaker level input/ 3' Ground)
- Instruction manual
- powered subwoofer with 8" woofer
- built-in 75 watt RMS amplifier (150 watts maximum)
- frequency response: 30-200 Hz
- dimensions: 10-1/2"W x 10-3/8"H x 11-5/8"D1 x 8-7/8"D2
- warranty: none (Crutchfield's 60-day satisfaction guarantee applies)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Blaupunkt GTb 8A Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Material||Spun Paper|
|Parts Warranty||60 Days|
|Labor Warranty||60 Days|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||75 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||150 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Overview: The GTb 8A amplified subwoofer features a 75-watt RMS (150-watts max) amp and an 8" subwoofer housed in a ported enclosure.
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier automatically turns on when it detects a signal on the line or speaker level inputs. After approximately 60 seconds with no input signal, the amplifier will turn off.
- Level: rotary dial to set the amplifier input gain; variable from 300mV to 8V for the line level inputs and 700mV to 19V for the speaker level inputs
- Frequency: rotary dial to set the low-pass crossover frequency; variable from 70 Hz to 200 Hz
- Phase: rotary dial to set the subwoofer phase; variable from 0° to 180°
- Power: the included harness has two 16.5' power and two 3' ground wires (all should be connected and the power wires should be fused at the battery)
- Speaker Input: the included harness also has 16.5' left and right speaker level input wires
- Line Input: stereo RCA jacks
- Width: 10-1/2" (including 5/8" protrusion of the control knobs)
- Height: 10-3/8"
- Depth (bottom): 10-5/8" (the grille, two steel rods, adds approximately 1" to the depth)
- Depth (top): 8-7/8"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.