Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Blaupunkt Overdrive Series ODca650
6-1/2" Component Speaker System
Item #: 023ODCA65
This item is no longer available.
Blaupunkt Overdrive Series ODca650
Our take on the Blaupunkt Overdrive Series ODca650
Aluminum and silk combine to create the superlative sound of Blaupunkt's new Overdrive Series ODca650 6-1/2" component speakers.
The 1" silk dome tweeters produce accurate, detailed highs without a trace of harshness, while Blaupunkt's Multi-Mount Tweeter assembly gives you a variety of installation options. The versatile 2-way crossovers allow you to switch between 3000/6000 Hz operation and to choose the tweeter output setting (0 dB, -3 dB) that's right for your system.
Aluminum adds rigidity to the ultra-light AIP (Aluminum-Injected Plastic) woofer cone, eliminating the "flexing" problems common with lesser woofers. You'll hear tighter bass with less distortion at maximum listening levels. 1-year warranty.Details:
- 6-1/2" AIP (Aluminum-Injected Plastic) woofer with rubber surround
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- MMT (Multi-Mount Tweeter) can be flush-, angle, or surface-mounted
- dash-mount adapters permit installation of tweeters in 3-1/2", 4", 4"x6", 5-1/4", and 6-1/2" factory openings
- 2-way crossover features switchable gain (0, -3 dB) and frequency (3,000, 6,000 Hz) settings
- frequency response 65-23,000 Hz
- recommended power range 2-70 watts RMS
- peak power handling 210 watts
- sensitivity 93 dB
- 2-3/8" top-mount depth
Priced per pair
What's in the Box:
- 2 Midrange speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Tweeters (each with a 10.5" length of speaker wire attached)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Flush-mount cups each with a plastic nut
- 2 Flush-angle mount cups each with a plastic nut
- 2 Dash-mount adapters
- Two 36" lengths of speaker wire (bare wire on each end)
- Four 36" lengths of speaker wire (bare wire on one end and quick-slides on the other)
- 12 Speed clips
- Eight 1-1/8" self-tapping screws
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- Four 1-3/16" self-tapping screws
- 2 Machine screws
- 8 Clear plastic washers
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Woofer Composition||Aluminum-injected Plastic|
|Parts Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Labor Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||90|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||65 - 23k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||70|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||210|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5|
"AIP" (Aluminum Injected Plastic) Woofer Cones: AIP cones offer lower mass than conventional polypropylene cones, but have additional rigidity which prevents cone flexing common to poly and paper cones. The AIP cones offer tighter bass response and smoother high frequency response than is typically experienced with flexible, higher mass poly and paper cones.
Surrounds: For improved durability, the woofers use rubber surrounds.
"EXP" (Extended Pole Design): Allows for increased cone travel (cleaner SPL), lower distortion, and better heat dissipation.
Tweeter Materials: The 1" silk dome tweeters offer smooth, accurate highs.
"Multi-Mount" Tweeter Mounting System:
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush mount adapter, with the tweeter installed, is inserted through the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter, from behind the mounting surface, to hold the entire assembly securely in place.
- Flush-Angle Mount: Flush-angle mounting is made easy through the use of a threaded flush-angle mount adapter that installs exactly like the flush mount adapter. In this application, the angled tweeters provide optimized cross-car high frequency imaging.
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves drilling two holes, one for the wires and one for the mounting screw. The mounting screw is simply run through the mounting surface and into the back of the tweeter.
- Dash Mount: If you want to install the tweeters in your dash, the dash mount adapters will fit into 3-1/2", 4", 4"x6", 5-1/4", and 6-1/2" openings. Each adapter has two mounting tabs that are diagonal from one another. From the end of one tab to the other, the adapter is 6.514" long. Each tab has three mounting holes, allowing you to space the screws from 3.324" to 6.122" apart.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Surface Mount||Flush Mount||Flush-Angle Mount||Dash Mount|
|(0.098" screw depth)||0.721"||1.082"||0.579"|
2-way Crossovers: The supplied crossovers include a 12dB/octave, 3000Hz/6000Hz high-pass filter for the tweeters and a 12dB/octave, 3000Hz/6000Hz low-pass filter for the woofers. A single switch allows you to choose 3000Hz or 6000Hz filter operation.
Selectable Tweeter Output Level: Each crossover has a 2-position switch that allows you to select the tweeter output level according to system requirements and personal preference. The switches may be set to "-3dB", or "0dB" to tailor the tweeter output level according to personal preference.
Crossover Mounting: There are 2 mounting holes in the base of each crossover. The crossovers are not weather proof, so they should not be mounted in locations, such as door panels, that will expose them to direct contact with water.
Gold Plated Crossover Terminals: The crossover terminals are gold-plated for corrosion resistance.
Crossover Dimensions: L = 4.783", W = 2.947", D = 1.347"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.