Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
150 Watts x 2 Car Amplifier
Item # 023PA2150 | MFR # F00E430007
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Blaupunkt PA2150
Blaupunkt's PA2150 amplifier uses innovative Class "T" technology to produce incredible power and sonic fidelity, with very little heat. Low operating temperature means that the ultra-compact PA2150 fits just about anywhere and it'll go in the tightest spaces without worrying about overheating. Since no heat sink is necessary, Blaupunkt's designers can house this stylish amplifier in sleek, modern-looking, lightweight plastic.
Built-in crossovers send the right frequencies to the right speakers, and a subsonic filter eliminates energy-wasting inaudible frequencies for improved clarity.
- 150 watts x 2 at 4 ohms
- 200 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- 400 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- Class "T" amplifier technology
- MOSFET power supplies
- speaker-level input adapters
- 50-250 Hz variable high- and low-pass crossovers, 12 dB/octave
- selectable subsonic filter at 10 Hz
- remote gain control
- 10"W x 2-5/8"H x 9"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- Amplifier with two 30 amp fuses and blue plastic control lens installed
- 1 Red control lens
- 1 Smoke control lens
- 1 Orange control lens
- 1 Yellow control lens
- 1 Purple control lens
- HLA1 high level speaker input adapter
- REM1 remote gain control with attached 15' 10" cable
- 1 Power and ground plug-in terminal connector
- 1 Speaker output and turn-on lead plug-in terminal connector
- 2 Spare 30 amp fuse
- 4 Rubber screw hole covers
- 4 Plastic isolation mounting feet
- Four 1-3/4" self-tapping screws
- Two 1/2" self-tapping screws (for remote gain control)
- Four 1/3" machine screws (for isolation mounting feet)
- 4 Flat washers
- 4 Lock washers
- Owners Manual (English/French/Spanish/Portuguese)
- Amplifier Performance "Birth Certificate"
Tripath Class "T" Amplifier Design: Class "T" digital amplifier design combines the high fidelity sound reproduction of class "AB" amplifiers with the low heat dissipation benefits typically found in class "D" amplifiers. Although class "D" amplifiers generate little heat, they are almost exclusively used as subwoofer amps, because they are not known for high fidelity, full range sound reproduction. Class "AB" amplifiers generate much more heat than class "T" and class "D" amplifiers, so large heat sinks are needed for cooling. The class "T" design allows this amplifier to be made smaller than class "AB" amplifiers of a similar power rating, without the sound quality sacrifice that comes with a class "D" design.
Birth Certificate: The amp comes with a birth certificate that shows the actual power output, current draw and signal to noise ratio of that amp. In all cases, the actual power, current and signal to noise ration meet, or exceed, the rated specifications.
RCA Line Level Loop-Thru Jacks: The loop-thru jacks provide a convenient way to daisy-chain this amplifier with an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location. The signals output by the loop-thru jacks are not affected by the settings of the amp, so they are identical to the signals input to the amplifier.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter, set at 10Hz, prevents frequencies below the audible range from being amplified. This allows the amplifier to run more efficiently with increased power output.
REM1 Remote Gain Control: A remote gain control is provided for convenient control of the bass output level. The remote gain control input on the amp is a telephone-style jack. Hardwired to the control is a 15', 10" cable. There are two holes in the housing that can be used with the provided self-tapping screws to mount the control; the bottom of the control must be removed to access the mounting holes. The control's dimensions are as follows: W=1.617", H=0.884", D=2.18".
HLA1 High Level Input Adapter: This adapter allows you to feed the amplifier with signals from a radio with speaker level outputs, but no preamp outputs. On the left side of the adapter, there are a pair of input leads that are 13" long (+/- for left and right channels). Also, there is one 13" negative lead, which is for use with radios that have common ground speaker outputs. On the right side of the adapter, there is a 4" pigtail terminated with a pair of male RCA plugs for connection to the RCA inputs of the amplifier.
"Break-Away" Design: This feature allows the amplifier to be removed from its plastic and metal housing and mounted in a hide-away application. When removed from its housing, the amplifier dimensions are as follows: H=1.879", W=10.3125", D=7.878".
Interchangeable Colored Control Lenses: Colored plastic "lenses" are provided to cover the controls on top of the amplifier; the lenses can be used only when the amplifier is in its decorative housing. Blue, red, orange, yellow, purple and smoke colored lenses are supplied.
Protection Circuits: This amplifier includes protection circuits to prevent damage due to the following conditions:
- speaker output short
- short to +12V
- short to ground
- high voltage
- low voltage
- reverse voltage
Controls (on top of unit):
- Crossover Mode switch: may be set to "HP" (high pass), "FULL" (full range) or "LP" (low-pass) (LP); the crossover has no affect on the signals passed by the "loop thru" output on the amplifier
- "HP FREQ" control: a rotary control used to select the high pass crossover frequency (setting is continuously variable from 50 to 250Hz)
- "LP FREQ" control: a rotary control used to select the low pass crossover frequency (setting is continuously variable from 50 to 250Hz)
- Bass Boost switch: a two position switch that turns a 10 dB boost, at 45 Hz, on or off
- Gain control: a rotary control used to set the amplifier's gain according the level of the incoming signal (setting is continuously variable from 0.3V to 6.0V)
Inputs and Outputs (on left side of unit):
- Power and Ground terminals: the power and ground terminals are recessed metal posts designed to accept the provided plug-in adapter connector; the adapter accepts up to 8 gauge wiring
- Remote Turn-on terminal: the remote turn on terminal is part of a 5 pin connector (4 pins for speaker output and 1 pin for remote turn-on) designed to accept the provided plug-in adapter connector; the adapter accepts up to 14 gauge wire
- Speaker terminals: the speaker output terminals are part of a 5 pin connector designed to accept the provided plug-in adapter connector; the adapter accepts up to 14 gauge wire
- Line Level input jacks: two female RCA jacks (if the amplifier is to be bridged and used with a source that has a mono subwoofer RCA output, only the right RCA input jack needs to be used)
- Line Level Loop-Thru jacks: the loop-thru jacks provide a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location; the loop-thru jacks output signal is the same as the signal input to the amplifier
- Remote Gain Control input: a telephone-style jack that accepts the connector on the cable attached to the included remote gain control
Input, Power and Ground Wiring: This amplifier has power and ground inputs that can only accept 8 gauge wire. The amplifier wiring kits made to handle the current draw capabilities of this amplifier have 4 gauge wire, which is too large to fit the power and ground terminals. Since pre-packaged amplifier wiring kits cannot be used alone, you may purchase all the necessary items separately, or you may use a pre-packaged 4 gauge wiring kit along with two distribution blocks, 8 gauge power cable and an 8 gauge ground cable. If you do not use a wiring kit with the necessary additional items, the separate parts and wiring needed to install this amplifier are as follows:
- Two distribution blocks (each block should have a 4 gauge input and 8 gauge outputs)
- One fuse holder capable of accepting 4 gauge wire
- One 60-amp fuse
- Two power rings for 4 gauge cable
- 4 gauge power cable (to connect the battery to a fuse holder and the fuse holder to a distribution block with a 4 gauge input)
- 4 gauge ground cable (to connect a ground point to a distribution block with a 4 gauge input)
- 8 gauge power cable (to connect the 8 gauge output of a distribution block to the 8 gauge power input on the amplifier)
- 8 gauge ground cable (to connect the 8 gauge output of a distribution block to the 8 gauge ground input on the amplifier)
- Remote turn-on cable (speaker wire can be used as remote turn-on cable)
- One stereo patch cable
- Speaker wire
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.